HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will the Rangers retaliate against Carcillo?

Old
03-14-2010, 01:19 PM
lovetherangers

vCash: 500
Will the Rangers retaliate against Carcillo?

What do you think? Will the Rangers retaliate against Carcillo, or target another Flyers player in retaliation today? The players all talked the talk about their thinking only about winning the game, but we all know,

1) They CAN'T say they will retaliate or when they do suspensions/ game misconducts/fines may ensue.

and;

2) Players are human, and grudges remain, as do thoughts of payback.

I don't know what they'll do. I know I HOPE Shelley pounds Carcillo into next week, but that's just me.

lovetherangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 01:20 PM
phantoms

They might "try"

phantoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 01:22 PM
h0ckeyman

LOL, This is the softest group of fairies in all of sports, you think they're going to do anything? I bet not.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 01:25 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetherangers View Post
What do you think? Will the Rangers retaliate against Carcillo, or target another Flyers player in retaliation today? The players all talked the talk about their thinking only about winning the game, but we all know,

1) They CAN'T say they will retaliate or when they do suspensions/ game misconducts/fines may ensue.

and;

2) Players are human, and grudges remain, as do thoughts of payback.

I don't know what they'll do. I know I HOPE Shelley pounds Carcillo into next week, but that's just me.
Super! Yes, retaliate in a must win game, probably taking an extended penalty and giving the Flyers the man advantage that could mean the game. Good idea! It would be completely selfish if they went after Carcillo due to a personal vendetta when this team's season hangs on the line every remaining game.

If someone takes a run at him and the game is still close, that player should be benched. The Rangers HAVE to stay out of the box as much as possible this game (and all remaining games this year) and not shoot themselves in the foot by taking stupid penalties.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 01:30 PM
lovetherangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Super! Yes, retaliate in a must win game, probably taking an extended penalty and giving the Flyers the man advantage that could mean the game. Good idea! It would be completely selfish if they went after Carcillo due to a personal vendetta when this team's season hangs on the line every remaining game.

If someone takes a run at him and the game is still close, that player should be benched. The Rangers HAVE to stay out of the box as much as possible this game (and all remaining games this year) and not shoot themselves in the foot by taking stupid penalties.
Like I said players are human. You never know. Besides if Shelley and Carcillo square off then they both get 5 so no big deal. I'm not advocating a wood shampoo, just a simple fight, which won't end up hurting anyone PP wise.

Old
03-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Like I said players are human. You never know. Besides if Shelley and Carcillo square off then they both get 5 so no big deal. I'm not advocating a wood shampoo, just a simple fight, which won't end up hurting anyone PP wise.
why would Carcillo fight Shelley? then again, I never thought Gaborik would fight Carcillo.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 01:33 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
If they both start bumping into eachother or start chriping at eachother before a faceoff, fine. I hope Shelley beats him. Taking a unprovoked run at him, hense getting an instigator penalty and the Rangers then going short handed because of it, is a huge no no.

Yes these players are human, but they are not beer league mens league hockey players. They get paid hundreds of thousands if not millions to play this game. They are professional athletes. Every now and then will a player do something completely stupid, yes. Most of the time the players pick their spots, though.

There is always a place and a time for something like this, but at this point in the season, it is not the place nor the time.

Old
03-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Nick00

He beat up Gaborik the last time they played?
Seems like a long time ago, hmm.

Yeah, Shelley should definitely go after him. That's what he's being paid to do.
Just be smart about it.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 01:34 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
why would Carcillo fight Shelley? then again, I never thought Gaborik would fight Carcillo.
lol I love your avatar. I hope the Rangers re-sign Jokinen (To a reasonable deal) just for the sheer fact of the fun we have with all things Jokinen. lol

Old
03-14-2010, 01:49 PM
lovetherangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
If they both start bumping into eachother or start chriping at eachother before a faceoff, fine. I hope Shelley beats him. Taking a unprovoked run at him, hense getting an instigator penalty and the Rangers then going short handed because of it, is a huge no no.

Yes these players are human, but they are not beer league mens league hockey players. They get paid hundreds of thousands if not millions to play this game. They are professional athletes. Every now and then will a player do something completely stupid, yes. Most of the time the players pick their spots, though.

There is always a place and a time for something like this, but at this point in the season, it is not the place nor the time.
Thats what I meant. I would never hope for a player to do the Clarence "Screaming Buffalo" Swamptown to another player. Just a good old fashioned donneybrooks. Its funny because when I read your line "Every now and then a player [will] do something completely stupid" I thought of Sean Avery.

Old
03-14-2010, 01:53 PM
hlundqvist30*

It's hilarious how people here qualify Avery's value as being able to get people to forget about the game and worry about him, and yet here were are worrying about Dan Carcillo instead of a must win game.

I don't care if Brandon Prust were to knock Carcillo unconscious while dragging Scott Hartnell behind. If we lose it's irrelevant. If any player in the locker room right now is thinking about Dan Carcillo and not a game that MUST be won then this team is even more hopeless than it already appears.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
It's hilarious how people here qualify Avery's value as being able to get people to forget about the game and worry about him, and yet here were are worrying about Dan Carcillo instead of a must win game.

I don't care if Brandon Prust were to knock Carcillo unconscious while dragging Scott Hartnell behind. If we lose it's irrelevant. If any player in the locker room right now is thinking about Dan Carcillo and not a game that MUST be won then this team is even more hopeless than it already appears.
UGH. I acknowledged we were playing Philly today, but I totally forgot about that goaliecharging *******. I really hope someone draws a fight out of him and knocks his teeth out.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 02:02 PM
lovetherangers

I'm sure winning the game is foremost on the players minds. But Carcillo might be on the backs of some minds. I always wanted to win when I played (isn't that usually the point? I mean who goes out there looking to lose?) but I always knew which numbers to be aware of out there. It's not like a player is going to chase Carcillo around with a meat cleaver, but you know his number, and if afforded the opportunity you can certainly challenge him to a fight.

Old
03-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Can't we have both?

I want Shelley to break Carcillo's face in, AND I want us to win in regulation. There.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 02:05 PM
satrabyk

I doubt it will get out of hand, only if the game gets lop-sided either way.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 02:05 PM
lovetherangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Fan in PGH View Post
Can't we have both?

I want Shelley to break Carcillo's face in, AND I want us to win in regulation. There.
Thank You. It's not like it either or here, sheesh!

Old
03-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
If Carcillo comes into our building and leaves without a scratch i'm gonna get sick.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 02:10 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Can't we have both?

perfect.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Can't we have both?

I'll be happy when this includes Hartnell getting sent into his goalie.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 02:16 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

They won't retaliate...

and, to some of the other posters..

they won't play smart anyway, not take penalties, and win..

they suck and I hope the whole team falls off a cliff.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 02:27 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Today's game was too close for someone to take a dumb instigator penalty or a 5 minute major for cheapshotting someone

You don't see players getting jumped and pummeled unless one team's getting blown out by like 6 goals and could give a damn if they give up a 9 minute power play. (and for the record, carcillo gave washington a 9 minute power play

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=291205015

That was the game. He pulled that crap when it was a 1-1 tied game and totally screwed his team. No penalty killers are going to be able to keep it up for HALF AN ENTIRE PERIOD. Washington scored 3 times on the 9 min PP and completely destroyed any morale left on the criers team

We finish the season with a home and home.

If by then we clinched a playoff spot, or if it's a game where we're leading or behind by like 6 goals in the 3rd period, then go ahead and give up a 7 minute power play by grabbing carcillo and pounding his face in (whether or not he accepts the fight is his problem). If you're risking nothing, or risking the difference between say the 7 or 8 seed, then go ahead and settle the score. If the dumb penalty could cost you a playoff spot, you need to save the grudge for some other time.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 05:37 AM
pld459666

In my opinion, this is something that is addressed during less important times.

As much as I believe in team toughness and bonding over certain issues being addressed, unfortunately now is not the time to address Carcillo.

With the team this close to the PO's, I could bet dollars to donuts that Torts stressed the importance of the points over retribution.

In this instance, I agree with him.

It used to be said that Hockey players had the longest of memories and that these types of transgressions didn't go unpunished for long. We'll see next September or October if that is true.

Had we been 10 points out of 8th, I'd have said that Carcillo should be dog meat right now. That's not the case though.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 07:42 AM
lovetherangers

Well the game ended without retaliation, for now. We'll see what the home and home the last two games of the season holds. This thread can be closed now...

Old
03-15-2010, 07:49 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

For now the best retaliation is simply 2 pts

03-15-2010, 08:09 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
For now the best retaliation is simply 2 pts

2pts and Dubi giving Richards a facefull for round 3 of their 2 1/2 year love affair.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote