HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The "You guys suck" edition: Preds vs. Kings || March 14, 2010 @ 2pm CST

Old
03-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchuk89 View Post
They didn't really show different angles on the replay if it was a goal or not but my 52" inch plasma showed that it looked like a good goal granted without the interference call that was made.
Yeah, I was watching the LA feed too and I really never saw the puck cross the line. The closest I saw was on a ice-level view from the corner near the back post that never really showed the puck across the line definitively.

I do remember twice Jim Fox saying that he didn't think there was enough video evidence that even if they took it to review that it would be conclusive enough to overrule the referee.

Remember that the official closest to the goal only called "no goal" because he didn't feel the puck crossed the goal line. The referee out by the blue line called the contact and moved the faceoff outside...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Mike The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have counted anyways. But before I defend the call, I would really like to see a screenshot.
It would have been nice if they had a replay of the play at all angles,but I guess we'll just have to watch NHL on the fly tonight and see what they say, however IMO the refs should have either allowed both goals or neither of them they seemed identical when I saw it.

Mike The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:13 PM
glenngineer

Honestly, on the replays I saw I couldn't tell if the puck crossed the line or not on the goal they waved off for LA. No shot really was conclusive so I think the call would've stood without the interference.

If the Kings fans want to complain about it that's cool, I have no issue with it at all. We got screwed earlier this week and we probably looked like a bunch of cry babies because of it. Not calling them cry babies but we walk a thin line there if we rip them for wanting that goal to count.

Regardless of the call, good or bad, I thought both teams brought it today. I liked the intensity from both clubs and hope to see LA in the playoffs in the later rounds because I think it would be an amazing series to watch. Good luck to you guys in LA.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:16 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I said it repeatedly prior to the break, Arnott needed the time off for his elbow to get healthy. Now that he's had the time to rest it, he's making up for lost time...

I too like that first line. Really dangerous combination of speed and size. If Wilson would only watch some video and see himself forcing passes instead of shooting the puck...they'd be amazing!!! Wilson needs to learn to "shoot to create" instead of always saving his shots for "scoring opportunities". Pump the pads, create rebounds, make the opposition make a play rather than forcing a pass though the D...
I knew he was hurting. It frustrates me to watch the guy because when he's playing hard, he's a pretty tough force to stop. He's got great skill and is hard to knock off the puck, all the while he has great hockey sense of where to be on the ice. If he'd play like that 70 of the 82 games a year, I could live with it but too often he just doesn't bring it. I hope he keeps it up until the end of our season.

Old
03-14-2010, 05:21 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

Did Tootoo get owned?

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Mike The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Honestly, on the replays I saw I couldn't tell if the puck crossed the line or not on the goal they waved off for LA. No shot really was conclusive so I think the call would've stood without the interference.

If the Kings fans want to complain about it that's cool, I have no issue with it at all. We got screwed earlier this week and we probably looked like a bunch of cry babies because of it. Not calling them cry babies but we walk a thin line there if we rip them for wanting that goal to count.

Regardless of the call, good or bad, I thought both teams brought it today. I liked the intensity from both clubs and hope to see LA in the playoffs in the later rounds because I think it would be an amazing series to watch. Good luck to you guys in LA.
Actually I hope we never meet in the playoffs because we can even buy a game against you guys

Old
03-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Mike The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post
Did Tootoo get owned?

I actually thought it was pretty even and Tootoo got Clune pretty good towards the end of the fight.

Old
03-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchuk89 View Post
I actually thought it was pretty even and Tootoo got Clune pretty good towards the end of the fight.
Agreed, I thought Clune got a good shot in early (which is obviously the still), but that Toots got some body punches and a few shots in tight late...

I'd call it a draw...

Old
03-14-2010, 05:47 PM
NYVanfan

what happened to JP?
only played 10 mins?

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
what happened to JP?
only played 10 mins?
Couple bad turnovers, other players playing better, slipped down to the fourth line...Tootoo wound up there too after a horrible second period...

Old
03-14-2010, 05:53 PM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

3/14/10 - Post Game Interviews - KINGS

Kings Vision brings you player interviews. Quick, Kopitar and Coach Murray of the Kings spoke with the media following the game on 03/14/10.

Click HERE to watch!

3/14/10 - Post Game Interviews - PREDATORS

Kings Vision brings you player interviews. Hornqvist, Rinne, and Coach Trotz of the Predators spoke with the media following the game on 03/14/10.

Click HERE to watch!

KingsVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsVision View Post
3/14/10 - Post Game Interviews - KINGS

Kings Vision brings you player interviews. Quick, Kopitar and Coach Murray of the Kings spoke with the media following the game on 03/14/10.

Click HERE to watch!

3/14/10 - Post Game Interviews - PREDATORS

Kings Vision brings you player interviews. Hornqvist, Rinne, and Coach Trotz of the Predators spoke with the media following the game on 03/14/10.

Click HERE to watch!
Thanks!

Old
03-14-2010, 06:51 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Couple bad turnovers, other players playing better, slipped down to the fourth line...Tootoo wound up there too after a horrible second period...
thanks

wow, he has really fallen ....was solid pushing 70-pts player last few years ...doubt he'll get 50 this year
(as you can guess ...fantasy-related)
hornquist & erat have supplanted him i guess

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
thanks

wow, he has really fallen ....was solid pushing 70-pts player last few years ...doubt he'll get 50 this year
(as you can guess ...fantasy-related)
hornquist & erat have supplanted him i guess
I had him all year on my fantasy roster, then dropped him Monday for Peter Mueller and of course...Dumont scored a pair of goals Tuesday night!!! His performance since then though only served to reinforce why I made that decision...

Also really can't overlook the fact that Wilson was moved to wing and is on fire since his recall...5 points in his last 5 games!!!

Old
03-14-2010, 07:06 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
I had him all year on my fantasy roster, then dropped him Monday for Peter Mueller and of course...Dumont scored a pair of goals Tuesday night!!! His performance since then though only served to reinforce why I made that decision...

Also really can't overlook the fact that Wilson was moved to wing and is on fire since his recall...5 points in his last 5 games!!!
Dumont dropping only happens if other guys are stepping up so I dont mind it.

I have thought Dumont has had less impact than his raw numbers would indicate this year... nothing objective, he has just seemed invisible for a lot of the season, then he'll pop up and have a two goal game, then disappear again.. or pick up several secondary assists but not really be involved in the actual scoring...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:54 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

I missed the first period, but as a fan this was an enjoyable game to watch. Both teams battled for every inch of the ice. I was glad that our team came out on top with perhaps a break where recently those have not gone our way at all. Sorry for Kings fans if they feel pain, but we have had like a month's worth go against us, so I am gonna say we take this and run. I did not get to see multiple replays and could not get the player to work on NHL.com (what is it with that thing, does it work for anyone??) but it looked like Smith's play on Rinne was deliberate and self-initituated where on the other end of the ice the Pred player did not initiate contact.

With as awful as I felt after that SJ game to come out of the road trip like this is really a credit to the team.

And DP, you better work really hard right now to get Hornqvist locked up now before his value inflates even more. He is just about carrying the scoring for this team as it is, I shudder to think where they would be without him. Wilson is really playing well since matched with Erat and Arnott. He at least he needs to stay paired with Erat for now as they seem to have chemistry and read off each other well. Hamhuis seemed to play well in the 2nd and 3rd, and Suter rebounded with a good game also.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 08:27 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Im feeling good about this team! Great game today

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWilson33 View Post
Im feeling good about this team! Great game today
I'm holding judgment until we finish playing Detroit

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 08:39 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
I'm holding judgment until we finish playing Detroit
I'm curious as to why? We took 6 of 8 points on this road trip. I was hoping for 4. We go into Anaheim after getting shell shocked the night before in San Jose and beat them 1-0, then play a full 60 minutes in LA and beat them 3-2. These last 3 games were not a walk in the park by any means. To have the mental fortitude that these guys showed the last two games was pretty strong IMO. Every time we all sit here and think this team is about to fold or collapse, they go out and win. Winning isn't always going to be pretty but todays effort was strong. They skated hard for 60 and I really have no complaints except for the PP goal we gave up and that was more a positioning thing than anything. The effort was there and the win happened against a pretty good team today. I like what I'm seeing from this bunch and I like what Trotz did in the third mixing up the lines like he did. It serves notice to everyone to stay hungry. I don't know if that's why he did it but it kept everyone sharp and these guys realize if they take a shift off, there are other guys waiting to take their minutes.

Old
03-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
I'm curious as to why? We took 6 of 8 points on this road trip. I was hoping for 4. We go into Anaheim after getting shell shocked the night before in San Jose and beat them 1-0, then play a full 60 minutes in LA and beat them 3-2. These last 3 games were not a walk in the park by any means. To have the mental fortitude that these guys showed the last two games was pretty strong IMO. Every time we all sit here and think this team is about to fold or collapse, they go out and win. Winning isn't always going to be pretty but todays effort was strong. They skated hard for 60 and I really have no complaints except for the PP goal we gave up and that was more a positioning thing than anything. The effort was there and the win happened against a pretty good team today. I like what I'm seeing from this bunch and I like what Trotz did in the third mixing up the lines like he did. It serves notice to everyone to stay hungry. I don't know if that's why he did it but it kept everyone sharp and these guys realize if they take a shift off, there are other guys waiting to take their minutes.
Because they're the defending Conference Champions & are starting to get healthy at the right time ... only Kirk Maltby is on IR according to their website ... I don't count them out until they're officially eliminated

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

What replay are you guys watching? The puck was clearly across the line against the side of the net before Rinne pulls it back.

Not 100% the refs fault for the loss but you guys came out on the right side of luck today.

Please stay the ******* away from the Kings in the Playoffs.

I said good day!

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 09:18 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
nice response after Colin left his man Brown on the Kings goal
wasn't he coming off of the bench on a line change?

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
wasn't he coming off of the bench on a line change?
Yeah, I meant to respond to that earlier too. I tweeted it at the time, but it was all courtesy of a bad line change...

Wilson was the first over the boards and busted his tail to get to where he did, but the reason that play all occurred was that the forwards went for a change allowing the Kings to really step up the pressure on our two defensemen back and have the defenseman pinch way down the boards to keep the puck alive in the first place. With the effort Wilson made to hustle back, there was no way that he could cut back in time to not let Brown gain the access to the slot he did...

Old
03-14-2010, 09:58 PM
thrillhous

Quote:
I see his icetime was up to 19:00 today, very nice.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
hope to see LA in the playoffs in the later rounds because I think it would be an amazing series to watch. Good luck to you guys in LA.
Well Im pretty sure every Preds fan would like to see us in a later round like the WCF, since sweeping us in 4 would give you a nice rest before the SCF

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote