HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Reebok O-Stick

Old
03-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Gags89

vCash: 500
Reebok O-Stick

I was just wondering if anyone has tried any of the models of the O-Stick and what some opinions are on it? What are it's pros and cons and is it a stick that you would recommend to purchase? I just thought it seemed like a good concept.

I've been looking around online and so far the cheapest one I have found is the 3.0.3 for $99.

Gags89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:37 AM
SpringfieldSkins

The 9-0-9 got really good reviews. I haven't ever used one but it's supposed to be a very well balanced stick.

SpringfieldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 09:28 AM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringfieldSkins View Post
The 9-0-9 got really good reviews. I haven't ever used one but it's supposed to be a very well balanced stick.
No such thing

its either the 9KO stick
or the new 8.0.8 O-stick

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 01:03 PM
SpringfieldSkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
No such thing

its either the 9KO stick
or the new 8.0.8 O-stick
Crap, my bad. Yeah, I was talking about the 8-0-8 and I had a bit to drink last night. It got good reviews online. Never seen anybody with it though.

Old
03-14-2010, 07:05 PM
meanolthing

Girl I coach uses the last generation O-Stick, with the Modano curve. I'm not impressed with it to be frank. The holes cut in the shaft might save some weight, but reinforcing them has to add weight as well. And anyone who tells you the gaps decrease wind resistance is smoking crack or an RBK fanboy/girl. I've seen a couple of the pro's using the current model, but if it were me, I'd stick with the CCM U+ or Warrior Dolomite. Just my 2 cents.

meanolthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:50 PM
xpat1313x

Send a message via AIM to xpat1313x Send a message via MSN to xpat1313x Send a message via Yahoo to xpat1313x
friend of mine bought the new 8.0.8 when it was first released, used it once said it was the worst stick he ever used and sold it on e-bay the next day.

xpat1313x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 08:00 PM
hoonking

Seems like a gimmick more than anything based off of what I've heard about it. If it really increased shot speed by anything significant, you'd see a lot more pros using.

hoonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Mark Stuart*

I had it and loved it. Had it for about a year and a half before it broke.

Mark Stuart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:41 PM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
9K0 sucked... end of story.

The 8.0.8 is balanced better, shoots harder and is just overall a better stick than the 9K0.

Neither is worth the retail price IMO. I'd rather have a one95, X:60, U+ or U+ CL, SE16 or even the OG Dolomite/1100/XX over those sticks. The only reason I still have my 8.0.8 is because a rep was nice enough to get it in my hands before most hockey shops saw the product.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:03 PM
HowToHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpat1313x View Post
friend of mine bought the new 8.0.8 when it was first released, used it once said it was the worst stick he ever used and sold it on e-bay the next day.
Yeah... but I bet it looked cool!

Does anyone test the difference in power and accuracy from one stick to the next? I would like to hear those types of reviews. Is there a site that does that?

HowToHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Gags89

Thanks for the insight. I think I might just wait until price drops on them or I find it cheap somewhere online before trying them out.

Now I have one more question, what kind of stick(s) would you guys recommend for ball hockey that give the best bang for their buck? I don't want to go too crazy on price since I usually end up going through sticks quickly when playing ball hockey. I know my blade can't have too much curve or I'll never hit the net.

Old
03-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Gags89

Quote:
Originally Posted by beavboyz View Post
Yeah... but I bet it looked cool!

Does anyone test the difference in power and accuracy from one stick to the next? I would like to hear those types of reviews. Is there a site that does that?
They had some comparisons on the Reebok website of that stick vs. other sticks from other companies but an independent review would nice to look at

Old
03-14-2010, 11:27 PM
SpringfieldSkins

Old
03-15-2010, 09:57 AM
meanolthing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags89 View Post
Thanks for the insight. I think I might just wait until price drops on them or I find it cheap somewhere online before trying them out.

Now I have one more question, what kind of stick(s) would you guys recommend for ball hockey that give the best bang for their buck? I don't want to go too crazy on price since I usually end up going through sticks quickly when playing ball hockey. I know my blade can't have too much curve or I'll never hit the net.
What part of the stick do you typically go through? If you're snapping shafts, just get a moderately-priced one piece. Hockeymonkey has a 3 pack mystery grab bag for $180 (suggested retail price = $600) which you might consider. If you're breaking a lot of blades, just get a nice shaft and a few cheap blades to swap in as they break. That might make more sense for ball hockey, since you can typically buy blades designed for that derivation of the sport. Hope this helps.

meanolthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Hockeyfan68

This is the stick I would put a whizzer noise maker in one of the holes.

Every cranked slapshot would make a whizzer sound.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote