HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The "You guys suck" edition: Preds vs. Kings || March 14, 2010 @ 2pm CST

Old
03-15-2010, 03:21 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Awesome way to finish the road trip with 6 out of 8 points! Really, outside of 20 minutes the whole trip was great.

Loved the answer goal by Wilson.

Hey JP.....S-H-O-O-O-O-O-T!!!!

The team has done a great job staying out of the penalty box lately, but it sucks that even though they only took one penalty, they couldn't kill it off.

I don't know how many people listen to Thom Abraham, but on Friday he has his Friday Trifecta and one of the questions was "over or under of 2 1/2 points for the Preds this weekend (anaheim and LA)". Of course the Shark fan and Wings fans and a few haters all called and said we would get 0, maybe 2 points but not more. So it is so great to see the Preds sit here on Monday after earning 4 points this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
I don't have time to put all the stats since the game starts in 1 minute and you other losers didn't start a thread!

No one wants to mess with anything. Just so you know.....you are still on the job for Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Hey now, there are plenty of females on our board that could have started a thread as well...
Hey now, a few males on here make pretty good GDTs as well, what the hell is wrong with them? However, after Thursday, mods are officially banned from starting GDTs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Solid 60 minutes by both us today. Thought it was a very entertaining game to watch. After we tied it up at 2 the level of play jumped a few notches. Thought we skated hard all game. LA did as well. Good to get 6 of 8 points on this trip.

The PP the last few games has been much more efficient. The spacing has been better, our guys are moving around, the passing has been crisp and our best players have been on the ice.
--
Arnott has been a beast since the break. He's been skating hard and playing with an edge. Good job by the captain and the more I watch him, Erat and Wilson, the more I like it.
Totally agree with everything.

Re Arnott: I don't know if it's just being healthier than before or this time of year, but since Arnott, Erat, Wilson were put together Arnott seems to be energized by the other 2, especially Wilson. I like this line a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsVision View Post

3/14/10 - Post Game Interviews - PREDATORS
Thanks!!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 10:07 AM
thejlb*

Yup. Arnott is trying real hard to get some points up. Still I've seen him do his thing long enough to know him and wilson on a line are gonna do some damage. They had some good chemistry going yesterday.

thejlb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 11:10 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

I have been so busy this weekend! No time to post in any of the game day threads... but I wanted to come in and just say YESSS! I was so impressed with our game play, we did not win this game by luck or by referees making calls "go our way" or anything, we won it because the guys came out playing strong and played that way from puck drop until the final whistle. Getting on the board first is always a confidence booster because you aren't initially discouraged by playing catch up. When the Kings did take the lead, we didn't let them keep it for long and that's part of the key to success.

As for that waived off Kings' goal, I dunno... it didn't look like the puck was over the line until Pekka's glove was on top of it, and considering it was waived off on the ice, it's sort of hard to overturn. Having said that though, as others have pointed out, we have been on the wrong side of luck a lot in the last few games so if this was a bad call, we were due.

I'm so extremely happy that we came out with 6 out of 8 points, and our loss, while disappointing, was not a horrible game. We fought hard for 2 periods and then flopped in the third, but 1 lame period and 11 good ones on this road trip is damn awesome for our team.

81 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
No one wants to mess with anything. Just so you know.....you are still on the job for Tuesday.
Hahah, okay you got it! I don't want to ruin my luck so far but I am 4 for 4 now.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote