HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#68: Flyers @ Rangers - March 14, 2010 - 3:00 PM (ET)

Old
03-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
And it continues:

With Cote: 2-10-1
Without Powe: 3-14-2

Lavi said that yesterday was one of the best offensive efforts by this team all season. I really wonder why he changed that. Ever heard the words "Never change a running system"?
This.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:12 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantoms View Post
being stuck on a train for 4 hours last night didn't help any either
yeah, sitting back relaxing and not doing anything. so taxing. Give me a friggin break. Another typical inconsistent effort. To follow yesterdays game with a klunker is unexplainable. Hartnell is a mess on his skates.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
yeah, sitting back relaxing and not doing anything. so taxing. Give me a friggin break. Another typical inconsistent effort. To follow yesterdays game with a klunker is unexplainable. Hartnell is a mess on his skates.
Agreed. No excuse for not showing up today

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:17 PM
CptCannon

Didn't get to watch the game.

Was it a good one and how did mah boi Riley play?

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:17 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldberg The Goalie View Post
He did his job, almost got one and played hard, per expected of a fourth line player.
He did play hard and do his job, but I think you drank too much of Coatesy's Kool Aid....Cote did not 'almost get one.'

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Black Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Also, our team doesn't hit anymore. Just losing is bad enough. To get out muscled is just lame.
This. I didn't see enough physical play from the Flyers. They just didn't show up.

I don't want to blame the ride up but from having spent an overly long ride on Amtrak myself, it takes a lot out of you. There are some nasty fumes going on that you don't want to be breathing in.

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:49 AM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRiles View Post
Didn't get to watch the game.

Was it a good one and how did mah boi Riley play?
Yur boi is the WORST player in the NHL. He sucks. Having Powe's energy out of the lineup in favour of that stiff killed our 4th line and really hurt our chances in a back to back.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
He did play hard and do his job, but I think you drank too much of Coatesy's Kool Aid....Cote did not 'almost get one.'
He did 'his' job, for a 2 minute stiff. He did not so the job Powe usually does on 4LW - providing energy, killing penalties, being fast enough to catch and hit someone.

Cote is an embarrassment.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 08:31 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Cote did have one scoring chance though.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 08:48 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Cote did have one scoring chance though.
but the fact is there is a 95% chance it's not going in. You don't take a player like powe out of the lineup for someone like Cote. You just don't do it

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
I thought his job was to get speedbagged by the other team's cementhead.

He did do his other job of being a total non factor, and screwing up the coach's ability to roll 4 lines

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 10:46 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
You've apparently never ridden NJ Transit. Considering the game was at 1, essentially done at 4. Post game meetings and such, getting to the station, I'd give them until 6PM, barring traffic was friendly. Then waiting 7 hours, 1AM before you even reach the hotel. Getting in and everything, 1:30AM. Which means they probably slept in. If they didn't and had to wake up early, they're going off of less than optimal sleep a day after a big game against one of the faster teams in the league.

Yes, I will give them a friggin break on this one.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 11:32 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 691
Interesting quote from Laperriere:

Quote:
He also heard the familiar sound of the Garden crowd chanting his name most of the day, a grating noise to the Flyers' ears.

"Those people are getting fooled by his act," said Flyers winger Ian Laperriere, an ex-Ranger who played with Avery in Los Angeles from 2002-04. "I know he is the worst teammate I've played with. And I know (the Rangers) feel the same way. That's all I'm going to say."

Seven weeks removed from Carcillo's dusting of Gaborik in Philadelphia, Flyers coach Peter Laviolette went with a brawny lineup, dressing tough guy Riley Cote for the first time since Dec. 21. Cote played 4:07, and Tortorella said, "I wish he played more. It's a non-factor. He's a non-factor. I wish (Danny) Briere was out, I wish Carter was out - those are the guys you have to worry about."
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...#ixzz0iGAHpMK2

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 11:55 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Asham should not be playing with Carter and JvR, I like him and he works hard, but he just doesn't belong there, but our RW depth is so week

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:02 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Asham should not be playing with Carter and JvR, I like him and he works hard, but he just doesn't belong there, but our RW depth is so week
JVR-Carter-Giroux ?

No 3rd line center ftw.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

I was expecting a loss in this game. The Blackhawks game was called a "season defining" win. Whenever we have a "season defining" win we follow it up with a loss.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 02:32 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...-shows-lack-of

First off, I never heard of this site, but did anyone have a problem with the way Dubinsky handled the fight? I don't think anyone really took exception here.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 02:33 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
meh whatever, he should have stopped, but if it had been bad the refs would have given him extra PIMS

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 02:37 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
meh whatever, he should have stopped, but if it had been bad the refs would have given him extra PIMS
On the other side though, Richards challenged him and then didn't lose the visor (first time I ever recall him doing that). If I challenge you to a fight and I don't take off my visor, should I expect you to stop punching when I'm down and out?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 02:43 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...-shows-lack-of

First off, I never heard of this site, but did anyone have a problem with the way Dubinsky handled the fight? I don't think anyone really took exception here.
I mean yeah it's a little much that he kept pounding him but I doubt you'd hear Richie saying anything about it. It was a pretty good scrap. I've seen worse. The guy who wrote that did have a point with the whole Flyers showing respect when they fight, which many people who don't watch games will disagree with.

03-15-2010, 02:47 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

I'm getting tired of being a fan of the Phillies on Facebook. I'm reading some of the worst homer drivel I've ever seen. People on here are actually saying they wouldn't ever trade Ryan Howard for Albert Pujols.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 02:51 PM
NYR27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I mean yeah it's a little much that he kept pounding him but I doubt you'd hear Richie saying anything about it. It was a pretty good scrap. I've seen worse. The guy who wrote that did have a point with the whole Flyers showing respect when they fight, which many people who don't watch games will disagree with.
glad that you guys are seeming to agree that this article is a POS

it's Rangers/Flyers - bad blood reins and, in my opinion anyway - politeness and demeanor should go out the window when it comes to a true historic rivalry such as this. If a guy wants to drop his gloves and throw then he should do so, but with full knowledge that the other guy hates him as just as much

dont wanna start anything, but referencing that Carcillo was tactful by not utterly destroying Gabby a few games back is beyond ridiculous

hockey is hockey and it is going to be an extremely entertaining home and home to end the season. I will be at the game in Philly and look fwd to seeing how hockey games look from your arena (only been there for a few Wings games)

NYR27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 02:53 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
He did 'his' job, for a 2 minute stiff. He did not so the job Powe usually does on 4LW - providing energy, killing penalties, being fast enough to catch and hit someone.

Cote is an embarrassment.
Oh, I totally agree.

I wasn't defending the choice to dress him over Powe in ANY way.

The purpose of my post was simply to caution that Cote's "almost-goal" is vastly overrated. It had almost no chance of going.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 02:54 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR27 View Post

it's Rangers/Flyers - bad blood reins and, in my opinion anyway - politeness and demeanor should go out the window when it comes to a true historic rivalry such as this. If a guy wants to drop his gloves and throw then he should do so, but with full knowledge that the other guy hates him as just as much

dont wanna start anything, but referencing that Carcillo was tactful by not utterly destroying Gabby a few games back is beyond ridiculous

hockey is hockey and it is going to be an extremely entertaining home and home to end the season. I will be at the game in Philly and look fwd to seeing how hockey games look from your arena (only been there for a few Wings games)

I agree. I'm also tired of hearing about how much of a monster Carcillo is for beating up Gabs. As a Rangers fan, what did you think? To me it was pretty clear that Gabs dropped the gloves first, although Carcillo was pretty much manhandling him.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 02:54 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR27 View Post

We can agree to disagree. Their is a mutual respect among all hockey players when it comes to fighting. You don't throw punches at a defenseless player.

I dont care that Dubinsky did it at all, Richards shouldve had his tie strap down. I'm just saying, respect should be shown. I've seen it numerous times for Lappy and Asham.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote