HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs Vs Stars

Old
03-14-2010, 09:46 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 500
This game was supposed to be shown on NBC, but guess what! They wanted to show Chicago 3 times in a row or maybe the Washington "Set a new record of amount of games on NBC this season" Capitals.

Geez.

Now a casual hockey fan can name 4 teams guys! Washington Capitals, Detroit Red Wings, Chicago Blackhawks, and the Pittsburgh Penguins.

As for the game. When it was 3-2 Dallas I got really scared and then I saw Turco at the other end and felt just fine!

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 09:57 PM
chewey
dmitri

Eh I thought Mules was making the GDT today? Either way, happy that we won tho reading the GDT doesn't look like the score reflected how we played.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph VII View Post
This game was supposed to be shown on NBC, but guess what! They wanted to show Chicago 3 times in a row or maybe the Washington "Set a new record of amount of games on NBC this season" Capitals.

Geez.

Now a casual hockey fan can name 4 teams guys! Washington Capitals, Detroit Red Wings, Chicago Blackhawks, and the Pittsburgh Penguins.

As for the game. When it was 3-2 Dallas I got really scared and then I saw Turco at the other end and felt just fine!
Yeah, anyone who wants to watch the avs vs dallas game over the caps game, is etheir a fan of the first two tems or doesnt know what hockey is.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Chileiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by svatos_the_great View Post
Yeah, anyone who wants to watch the avs vs dallas game over the caps game, is etheir a fan of the first two tems or doesnt know what hockey is.
Yeah, you can't really blame them for putting the Caps-Hawks on NBC. Best match-up on paper today, and it was a fantastic game.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Was at the stadium today

Wow have Stars fans turned on Turco...it was amazing listening to some of them.

Good Avs showing at the game...!

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:17 PM
zingbo2133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asce View Post
Eh I thought Mules was making the GDT today? Either way, happy that we won tho reading the GDT doesn't look like the score reflected how we played.
i waited and waited for someone to make it cause i didnt really wanna cause i dont know how to make them look nice like most of you do but it was like 50 mins before the game so i just decided i might as well sorry to mules if he was going to

zingbo2133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:20 PM
chewey
dmitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zingbo2133 View Post
i waited and waited for someone to make it cause i didnt really wanna cause i dont know how to make them look nice like most of you do but it was like 50 mins before the game so i just decided i might as well sorry to mules if he was going to
No no not pointing fingers. A good GDT is one which the Avs win regardless of who made it or what it looks like.
Tho, the Avs vs. NHL Hodgson GDT will last for in my heart for a while... at least the pages before the 2nd period.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Grackle Party
Varls Barkley 2k12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott76 View Post
Was at the stadium today

Wow have Stars fans turned on Turco...it was amazing listening to some of them.

Good Avs showing at the game...!
I was there too, great game! first time they have won when ive travled to Dallas to see them

Grackle Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:36 AM
wondeROY

I was at this game too, what a riot, Stastny was an animal today, he was everywhere, and Mueller continues to impress, he is fitting right in. I had glass seats to this game, and it was freaking sweet, my first time sitting glass. I got a few pics and some video with my flipHD cam.

Video of the first Stas goal from the Mueller blast...

Couple of my other vids, warm up skate, and a physical shift by the Avs-yes even a Stastny hit!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j9FjzRI2CI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUy1pwWQ0Ak

wondeROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:06 AM
wondeROY

Oh and a couple other things, Mcleods injury happened RIGHT in front of me, the shot block was so loud i felt it in my foot, I have it on video and will upload to YT also. I thought for sure he broke his foot/leg when it happened. He was in incredible pain wincing on the bench.
I think the Stars shot total was a bit misleading, they had a lot of shots that were somewhat harmless, a lot of just throwing it on net from the blue line and shots from the perimeter. But Andy was very solid no doubt, especially in the last couple minutes, he was playing out of his mind. I though the Avs had pretty good energy the whole game, some of you thought we weren't trying, I didn't get that sense in the building, it just seemed the Stars were equally desperate and playing with high intensity also. Sure our D wasn't spectacular but we got the 2 points.

wondeROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 03:55 AM
NWAvs

Wow, awesome pictures and videos man! Glad you had a good time.

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 03:55 AM
Erickkelly26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondeROY View Post
Oh and a couple other things, Mcleods injury happened RIGHT in front of me, the shot block was so loud i felt it in my foot, I have it on video and will upload to YT also. I thought for sure he broke his foot/leg when it happened. He was in incredible pain wincing on the bench.
I think the Stars shot total was a bit misleading, they had a lot of shots that were somewhat harmless, a lot of just throwing it on net from the blue line and shots from the perimeter. But Andy was very solid no doubt, especially in the last couple minutes, he was playing out of his mind. I though the Avs had pretty good energy the whole game, some of you thought we weren't trying, I didn't get that sense in the building, it just seemed the Stars were equally desperate and playing with high intensity also. Sure our D wasn't spectacular but we got the 2 points.
your name happen to be Luke Hermann?

Erickkelly26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Adama0905

Quote:

Geez.

Uh, it's not the NBC's job to expose casual fans to more teams. It's their job to reel in ratings for themselves.

And you're a complete fool if you think that Dallas vs. Colorado would get more people than Washington vs. Chicago.

And dare I say it, the Washington vs. Chicago game was definitely the better game.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Mules
Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asce View Post
Well, I could not find anything funny about Stars

So,that funny GDT just got to wait.. Seriously though, that Canucks game GDT was the most fun GDT, until second period started

Last edited by Mules: 03-15-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 09:42 AM
TheStranger

Wasn't here to read the GDT as the game was going. Was anyone else hoping for a Stastny hat trick with the empty net? How many ENG do we have this year? Always seems the Avs get completely pinned deep every time the other team pulls their goalie (Although this was 6 on 4, so it's not AS bad to be pinned), but there never seems to even be an opportunity to carry it out.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:44 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 966
A few thoughts on the game.

1. Anderson saves the day...becoming kinda redundant this season but he saved our ass and I loved that Statue of liberty pose at the end...chills.

2. Stastny with yet another great game. Hes been great since the olympic break aside fromt he Vancouver game.

3. Mueller with a bullet shot something the Avs have been missing for some time now on the point on the PP. No doubt in my mind that having that right handed shot on the point has done wonders for out PP. Im hopeing Shattenkirk can come in and do this for us NEXT season on the second unit.

4. Big Pimpin comes up big at a key moment in the game...We call those game breakers and Chris has game breakin ability.

5. Darcy Tucker had a pretty solid game offensively...when was the last time any of us could say that? 2003 perhaps?

6. Hopefully Yelle and Mcleod are ok. Would be a horrible loss to have those 2 go down this late in the season. I guess the one saving grace is that we have some depth where a guy like Stoa can come in and fill in and even **gulp** Durno.

7. Quincey, Liles and Hannan were all underwhelming. What was Liles doing on that second Segal goal?

8. I love Matt Hendricks and who says fighting has no place in the game?

9. Milan Hejduk is playing some great hockey and has made our 2nd line legit.

10. Win wednesday by any means.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:30 PM
iAvs
JUST WIN

I watched the game on tape delay this morning. Wow, it was impressive to see the way our boys fought back after Dallas made it 2-3. The Avs could've easily gone into collapse mode there, but they did what they do best and that's keep fighting until they are winning. It's no secret the Avs play their best when their backs are against the wall, but I have to admit, it was an impressive win considering it was on the road against a desperate team trying to get into the playoff picture.

It's also one of those games the team must feed off of it's momentum and start building up steam for the playoff run.

Great game boys!!!

BTW, awesome pics

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 02:04 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Uh, it's not the NBC's job to expose casual fans to more teams. It's their job to reel in ratings for themselves.

And you're a complete fool if you think that Dallas vs. Colorado would get more people than Washington vs. Chicago.

And dare I say it, the Washington vs. Chicago game was definitely the better game.

I know that WAS/CHI will bring in more ratings.

I didn't watch the game, well because I've seen these teams play more than 10+ times.

They should do a Monday Night Football where all the teams get atleast one game on prime time.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 03:39 PM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
A few thoughts on the game.

5. Darcy Tucker had a pretty solid game offensively...when was the last time any of us could say that? 2003 perhaps?.
Actually Tucker was probably a top 5 forward until he was injured earlier this year. Then he dropped off and everyone else picked up and he's sucked ever since.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
I know that WAS/CHI will bring in more ratings.

I didn't watch the game, well because I've seen these teams play more than 10+ times.

They should do a Monday Night Football where all the teams get atleast one game on prime time.
Why should a team that doesn't perform well get a prime time slot? Especially when in the NHL, there really isn't such a thing as prime time since nobody actually watches it?

Old
03-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Actually Tucker was probably a top 5 forward until he was injured earlier this year. Then he dropped off and everyone else picked up and he's sucked ever since.
Eek, top five is pushing it, but he definitely didn't suck per se. He was actually very solid til the concussion.

Old
03-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 1200
Maybe (and I stress MAYBE) a top 5 forward on the Avs, at the time...

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 05:11 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Eek, top five is pushing it, but he definitely didn't suck per se. He was actually very solid til the concussion.
Thanks alot Tuuomo Ruutu

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote