HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

What gear will get you "chirped" at? (Besides a tinted visor)

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2010, 02:52 PM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
How about the guy who's gear smells soo bad people next to him get up and leave the room...
Nothing will really get me to chirp at someone, but this is an annoying thing in the Locker room and you will/should get reamed for it.

I can't fault people for not having Matching Equipment in Mens League. You get what you get, and you never know what color team you may be on.

One thing that really gets me though is those people with disgustingly dirty jersey's. We have a guy in our league thats jersey is an awful sweat stained color. I originally thought it was just an old jersey he hadnt washed, until he got picked up on another team and had a new jersey. The next time we played him, it was nasty again... He is now named Pig-Pen rightfully so. I just dont understand it.....it doesnt kill you to wash it maybe once a session does it?

I like the half Birdcage visors worn by the old-timers, and the old school half Cats-eye cages.

Also, the kids that wear the roller hockey pants on ice. Thats kinda annoying.

Old
03-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRZ DVLS View Post
Nothing will really get me to chirp at someone, but this is an annoying thing in the Locker room and you will/should get reamed for it.

I can't fault people for not having Matching Equipment in Mens League. You get what you get, and you never know what color team you may be on.

One thing that really gets me though is those people with disgustingly dirty jersey's. We have a guy in our league thats jersey is an awful sweat stained color. I originally thought it was just an old jersey he hadnt washed, until he got picked up on another team and had a new jersey. The next time we played him, it was nasty again... He is now named Pig-Pen rightfully so. I just dont understand it.....it doesnt kill you to wash it maybe once a session does it?

I like the half Birdcage visors worn by the old-timers, and the old school half Cats-eye cages.

Also, the kids that wear the roller hockey pants on ice. Thats kinda annoying.
Tizz a good thing I am not a kid then because my roller hockey pants on ice would annoy you.

They're wicked comfortable. I'm not in it for the fashion show and do not mind most things people wear .... I just hate turtlenecks under a hockey jersey. Yup that's about it.

Old
03-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Muttley*
Zach=2 games left

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
How about the guy who's gear smells soo bad people next to him get up and leave the room...
HA! Nothing better than when I'm bending forward to lace my skates and they plop down their odor emitting bag o' stink just inches away from my face.

Old
03-08-2010, 11:17 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
HA! Nothing better than when I'm bending forward to lace my skates and they plop down their odor emitting bag o' stink just inches away from my face.
When the guy gets staph hopefully he'll improve his hygiene.

Old
03-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Badger36

Roller hockey pants. If you want to wear those, stay off the ice.

Old
03-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Trojan35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
We got a guy who's gear and pads smell like cat-piss. When he's on my line I nearly hurl every time we get back to the bench.

Old
03-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Vincent_TheGreat

Send a message via ICQ to Vincent_TheGreat
I always would wear a tinted visor or coloured laces.... If they chirp me I hit them all day long

Old
03-15-2010, 06:24 PM
roaddogg02316

Ah wish I had the time to read this whole thing. But 15 pages is too much. someone with time should go thru and make a overall list of each different thing.

Old
03-15-2010, 06:38 PM
neksys

Jesus, this whole thread is kind of pointless: its hockey, you're going to get chirped at no matter what gear you've got on.

Having patterned tape or a 99 jersey makes it a little easier, but hell, you're not a superstar. You're gonna slip, you're gonna whiff on shots, you're gonna have a piece of gear someone thinks looks funny... in short, you're gonna get chirped, because its as much a part of the game as ice and rubber.

Old
03-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Zizou
Dont Mix Your Drinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by neksys View Post
Jesus, this whole thread is kind of pointless: its hockey, you're going to get chirped at no matter what gear you've got on.
This is true. Interaction and fraternization in hockey echoes life... if you're getting chirped at, you're either a hoser or just one of the boys.

Outside of that - I dished it out a little to a guy who plays in our league and purposely curtails his jersey like this...

...because it looks cool. If you say so, bud.

Old
03-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan35 View Post
We got a guy who's gear and pads smell like cat-piss. When he's on my line I nearly hurl every time we get back to the bench.
Oh Jeebus that make me chuckle

Old
03-15-2010, 08:42 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
This is true. Interaction and fraternization in hockey echoes life... if you're getting chirped at, you're either a hoser or just one of the boys.

Outside of that - I dished it out a little to a guy who plays in our league and purposely curtails his jersey like this...

I always assumed guys whos jerseys were like that just had jerseys that were too small. Once I switched to wearing shoulder pads all my XL jerseys would ride up the back so I had to switch to an XXL. Maybe USA Hockey can institue a no tuck rule to eliminate this tomfoolery?

Old
03-16-2010, 02:18 AM
densetsu

Quote:

In my game last night, all the guys on the opposing team had their jerseys tucked like Ovechkin and Crosby do. Man, I laughed my ass off... this is beer league, not the NHL, for crying out loud. Just because you tuck your jersey like a superstar doesn't make you one. Haha, I chirped those ********** all game.

/s

Old
03-16-2010, 05:57 AM
MJAYK

Some people tuck their jerseys because they are too long. Some teams just wont give players jerseys that are custom fitted.

Old
03-16-2010, 08:24 AM
CanFan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan35 View Post

Old
03-16-2010, 03:22 PM
ReverendAlBundy
Loungetown mortician

Old
03-16-2010, 04:04 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Im not really one to chirp, as a goalie I just try to block everything out and focus, but my one good friend, he's got the sharp tongue. Real smart dude and has a great vocabulary, so he really does tear guys to shreds on the ice when it comes to verbal battles. He usually always gives me a laugh or two if I hear him in my end after a whistle or something.

I probably wont relay the stuff he says very well, but hes great at getting under guys skin, and has had a couple guys attack him on the ice before. Usually it has nothing to do with a players gear and crap, just how they play and stuff. Like one kid who kept trying to blast slapshots all game, and they were horrific, slow, 10 feet wide etc, and he would just be yelling funny **** out every time he wound up for one.

Heh, I wish I could remember the stuff he would say more vividly. Oh and of course, his favourite player of all time? Matt Barnaby. He wears his # too.

Ah and one more thing, just last week I needed a new goalie bag as my old one was torn to shreds, and yes, I did pick up a wheeled one for the first time ever. I dont really give a crap anymore, Ive been lugging a bag around for long enough in my lifetime, I have no problems with going wheeled.

Old
03-16-2010, 04:09 PM
ReverendAlBundy
Loungetown mortician

I want to get a wheelie bag so badly, but I can't. I've spent too much time calling people that have them ******* out of jealously that I don't have one.

Old
03-16-2010, 04:13 PM
robmneilson

People who chirp at others for having wheeled bags has obviously never travelled from deep in Brooklyn to Harlem on the subway to play hockey.

I actually just bought a wheeled bag (on docs advise after a herniated disc) and it pisses me off so much. I feel like it was actually easier to carry my bag everywhere. But I guess thats what happens when you opt for the cheapest bag.

Old
03-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Zizou
Dont Mix Your Drinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmneilson View Post
People who chirp at others for having wheeled bags has obviously never travelled from deep in Brooklyn to Harlem on the subway to play hockey.

I actually just bought a wheeled bag (on docs advise after a herniated disc) and it pisses me off so much. I feel like it was actually easier to carry my bag everywhere. But I guess thats what happens when you opt for the cheapest bag.
I've been playing since I was a kid. I've used everything from small, thinly layered padless bags to bulky backpacks to this ....

I carry around the bag & when I get home, dry everything off with the powered vent. Most of it gets dry as it is when I load it onto the truckbed of my pickup & drive home anyway but at least it doesn't ferment in the trunk of a car with no ventilation to let the odor out.

I've gotten crap from strangers once or twice since I've had it (3 1/2 years) but at least if there are no showers, none of the boys will mind going to get a beer with me after the game as I won't be smelling like the bowels of hell. The bag keeps my gear fresh so as not to suffocate my girlfriend, my teammates or anyone else in the vicinity of the dirty, sweaty, disgusting manstench the dirty pads leave behind.

I've paid my dues, I don't mind wheeling luggage around behind me. I'll take the rare chirp every now and then if it means having average manstench.

Last edited by Zizou: 03-16-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old
03-16-2010, 06:50 PM
densetsu

People who chirp others for using wheeled bags:

First breath: Haha, a wheeled bag? What's the matter, is the bag too heavy for you?

Second breath: Haha, a wooden stick? I spend an extra $150 a stick because wooden sticks are too heavy for me!

Old
03-16-2010, 06:59 PM
ReverendAlBundy
Loungetown mortician

Quote:
I've been playing since I was a kid. I've used everything from small, thinly layered padless bags to bulky backpacks to this ....

I carry around the bag & when I get home, dry everything off with the powered vent. Most of it gets dry as it is when I load it onto the truckbed of my pickup & drive home anyway but at least it doesn't ferment in the trunk of a car with no ventilation to let the odor out.

I've gotten crap from strangers once or twice since I've had it (3 1/2 years) but at least if there are no showers, none of the boys will mind going to get a beer with me after the game as I won't be smelling like the bowels of hell. The bag keeps my gear fresh so as not to suffocate my girlfriend, my teammates or anyone else in the vicinity of the dirty, sweaty, disgusting manstench the dirty pads leave behind.

I've paid my dues, I don't mind wheeling luggage around behind me. I'll take the rare chirp every now and then if it means having average manstench.
Pssh forget that, I leave all my **** in the bag to rot and it leaves me smelling absolutely putrid

I would get chirped hard by some of you guys.. I have Supreme One95s (tongues flopped) old ripped up socks, no shoulder pads with an almost full jersey tuck (only the front is out), and some old St. Louis Blues gloves with the palm completely missing on the left hand. Unfortunately people don't really chirp about gear here, so I don't get to hear the beaking

Old
03-16-2010, 07:13 PM
FiveAndGame

In no particular order:

Coloured Mouthguards
Tucked In Jersey
Unmatched Socks
Ripped and Destroyed Equipment
TBlades
Flopped Skate Tongues
Coloured Hockey Tape
Arrogant Jersey Numbers
Flashy Stick Colours/Ridiculously Expensive Sticks
Tinted Visors
Not Wearing Proper Equipment

Old
03-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OprtnShtdwn View Post

Wow. Fayette Firebirds jersey in the background. That's my old amateur team.

Old
03-16-2010, 07:43 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Tapout mouthgaurd.

Closed Thread