HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official 2010 Habs Board (annual) Mock Draft.

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley25 View Post
uhm why do you guys get all the fun cant we just have 2 or something. I find it pretty unfair posters who want to join cant like its some exclusive club or something.
Nothing is stopping another poster from starting their own mock draft. Someone started a 2nd one last year. They didn't finish the 1st round, but still.

I'm just tired of posters with like 100 posts saying they're interested in joining and then they never actually take part.

I figured the best way to do it this year is to send out invitations. 10 spots or so will be filled by a first come, first serve basis (for Habs board regulars only). If they miss their selections this year and disappear on us, they won't be invited back next year.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 03-15-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old
03-15-2010, 06:35 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
I'm team captain and I choose you!
I'm the second team captain and I choose you too!

Count me in.

Old
03-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I'm team captain and I choose you!
I'm the second team captain and I choose you too!

Count me in.
I sent you an invite but you never responded. Do you actually want to join?

Old
03-15-2010, 06:41 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I sent you an invite but you never responded. Do you actually want to join?
Check your box.
Sorry for the delay, I'm in midterms right now.

Old
03-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
17 posters confirmed. Still waiting to hear back from 4 people. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow sometime I'll just assume they don't want to take part in it.
I'd give it more time. I just got back from winter vacation in the sun and wasn't online for 10 days. Had the invitations gone out last week, I wouldn't have been able to respond nearly in time.

Quote:
18 posters have committed to joining the draft so far. If you guys don't mind though, can you just confirm in this thread that you do indeed want to take part in it.

I've received quite a few PM's from people who are asking for a spot, but unfortunately all of the guaranteed spots are pretty much taken.

So, if you still want your spot (to the posters who accepted the invites) can you please confirm in this thread that you still want to take part?

Thanks
I'm still in.

Old
03-15-2010, 07:58 PM
guest1467

I am going to blow your minds with my drafting prowess.

Old
03-15-2010, 07:58 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I am going to blow your minds with my drafting prowess.
I stopped reading at "I am going to blow your"

Old
03-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
I'd give it more time. I just got back from winter vacation in the sun and wasn't online for 10 days. Had the invitations gone out last week, I wouldn't have been able to respond nearly in time.
Yeah, I'll give it more time. There's no rush.

We have 19 guys confirmed so far. Let's seriously make this years mock the best one yet.

Old
03-15-2010, 10:46 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Yeah, I'll give it more time. There's no rush.

We have 19 guys confirmed so far. Let's seriously make this years mock the best one yet.
would be great to have 30 guy really into this and make this longer than 3 round like in past year if we have the time

Old
03-15-2010, 11:06 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
would be great to have 30 guy really into this and make this longer than 3 round like in past year if we have the time
Well, I've been throwing around the idea in my head to make it invite-only for ALL 30 guys. I don't know. What do you guys think? Probably not the fairest..so I dunno.

Because this could turn out to be just like past years. 3 or 4 guys will hurry up into this thread to claim a spot, and then they'll end up missing all of their picks.

What do you guys think?

Old
03-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Well, I've been throwing around the idea in my head to make it invite-only for ALL 30 guys. I don't know. What do you guys think? Probably not the fairest..so I dunno.

Because this could turn out to be just like past years. 3 or 4 guys will hurry up into this thread to claim a spot, and then they'll end up missing all of their picks.

What do you guys think?
I don't mind having 4-6 rounds if and only if it's not during finals. I have a lot of catch up to do prospect wise.

Old
03-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Habitants

well if you go invite only, pls consider me. as i mentioned per my credentials from last year.
i would also like to do more than 3 rounds. 5 would be nice

thx

Old
03-15-2010, 11:29 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:

What do you guys think?
i like it, maybe not fair for the other poster but they can make another mock draft if they want. also hate like in past year when we wait forever for a pick from x poster who has around 100post here and never show up anyway

i think we should go for mosty all invite and if we need couples guy to complete the "mock draft roster" we ask them on this thread

Old
03-16-2010, 01:10 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Has it been finally decided how we're choosing teams? Are there any people from last year hoping to keep the same team, etc?

Also, I think I could handle 5 rounds if we keep it rolling.

Old
03-16-2010, 01:27 AM
guest1467

The real question is, who wants to be the Toronto Maple Leafs? Haha.

Old
03-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Has it been finally decided how we're choosing teams? Are there any people from last year hoping to keep the same team, etc?

Also, I think I could handle 5 rounds if we keep it rolling.
I don't know, I've had a few ideas about the teams.

One, is that I put all of our names in a hat. It'd be completely random.

We should soon start thinking of some rules. Last year, we excluded trades that happened and made sure each team had a pick in each round to make it fair for everyone.

Old
03-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

When the time comes, what do you guys want to do for the teams? Does anyone like my idea of placing our names in a hat?

And what should we do regarding the picks? Are we counting trades that happened? Or are we letting all 30 teams have 1 pick in each round like last year, to make it equal and fun for everyone?

Old
03-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
When the time comes, what do you guys want to do for the teams? Does anyone like my idea of placing our names in a hat?

And what should we do regarding the picks? Are we counting trades that happened? Or are we letting all 30 teams have 1 pick in each round like last year, to make it equal and fun for everyone?
We could have a preliminary draft of teams where you randomize the names (names in hat is fine) and pick out an order and we select teams based on that order.

Only problem I see with this is it'll take time to get all of the teams selected.

Old
03-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
If there is still a spot left, I'd like to be in this.

Old
03-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:

I think the names in a hat idea is alright. Worst case scenario, people could be able exchange teams for a day or two after if they are able to do so.

And I think we should count trades. Sure, in appearance it's not fair for everybody, but we only got people who know about their stuff and not having a first rounder, or a second, or any pick really just adds to the challenge when it comes to finding good players to draft.

Old
03-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

We still have some time to figure it out, but it would be nice to get some input from everyone involved.

If we're only going 3 rounds, personally I would rather make it fair for everyone and just give each team 1 pick in each round. But, if we're going say 5 rounds, then we may as well make it more realistic and count the trades that have happened up to this point.

Old
03-17-2010, 11:47 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
We still have some time to figure it out, but it would be nice to get some input from everyone involved.

If we're only going 3 rounds, personally I would rather make it fair for everyone and just give each team 1 pick in each round. But, if we're going say 5 rounds, then we may as well make it more realistic and count the trades that have happened up to this point.
i agree with this, if we do a 3 round draft, everyone should had a selection in each round but if we do lets say a 5 round draft well every trade count so it look more realistic... command guys lets do a 5rd draft, a lot more fun when guys came up with sleeper pick. we all know about the top pick in the draft

as for who get x team i agree lets go with names in the hat idea.

Old
03-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
i agree with this, if we do a 3 round draft, everyone should had a selection in each round but if we do lets say a 5 round draft well every trade count so it look more realistic... command guys lets do a 5rd draft, a lot more fun when guys came up with sleeper pick. we all know about the top pick in the draft

as for who get x team i agree lets go with names in the hat idea.
I would love to go with 5 rounds, but I'm not too sure if everyone will feel comfortable with that. 5 rounds could possibly take 2 months to finish, depending how active everyone is.

I will say this though..if we do go 5 rounds, I'm pretty positive I'd like it to be invite-only for the remaining spots left.

edit: Where's Whitesnake? I'd like to get his input as well, as we have been discussing the mock through PM for awhile now.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 03-17-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old
03-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:

I will say this though..if we do go 5 rounds, I'm pretty positive I'd like it to be invite-only for the remaining spots left.
Agreed. And I'm definitely down for 5 rounds. The more the merrier!

Old
03-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Habitants

5 rounds would make it more interesting. hey its not like there is anything to read on HF in the summer anyways! lol

i would prefer if everyone gets one pick for each round.

as for team selection, i like having the same team as last year, that way you can see a progression, but i dont mind picking out of a hat.

Closed Thread