HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Chris Drury is WARM thread. 18 points in 36 games (and counting)|The Drury thread

Old
03-15-2010, 10:11 AM
The Thomas J.*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardFaulk View Post
don't u guys wish Drury was the one out the door and not Gomez ?
Gomez would of been sik beside Gaborik.

Not really. Gomez never lived up to the hype.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 10:11 AM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Same here. Dont miss him at all, really.

In fact, when we harken back to all the talk about how "Renney and his system lost the team," the prime suspect in quitting was Scott Gomez, in my opinion.
I am much more happy with the MDZ pass through the middle to Gaborik who then goes on a breakaway than I would be watching Gomez carry the puck end to end and firing into the goalie's chest while Gabby coasts in behind him wondering where the pass was...

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:23 PM
wa2k99

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardFaulk View Post
don't u guys wish Drury was the one out the door and not Gomez ?
Gomez would of been sik beside Gaborik.
I hate "don't you." It's like we're supposed to feel that way. You're entitled to your opinion and I could not disagree more with it. I don't have much of an issue with Drury on the ice.

wa2k99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by playstationline View Post
I agree 100%. He looked effected by it whether people believe it or not. When you get your bell rung like that it definitely takes longer than you think to really be back on your game.

Drury has played really well the last 10 games. Getting him in front of the net on the PP has done wonders.
Completely agree with this.....for people saying it was the olympics that turned him around. I disagree with that. Although i think it helped speed up his game playing around great talent, Drury was coming into form before the olympics.

I think the concussion was really underlooked by the fans, i mean didn't he miss like 2 games or something. For his well being he should have stayed out of the lineup until completely healthy.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 07:32 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface Avery View Post
Completely agree with this.....for people saying it was the olympics that turned him around. I disagree with that. Although i think it helped speed up his game playing around great talent, Drury was coming into form before the olympics.

I think the concussion was really underlooked by the fans, i mean didn't he miss like 2 games or something. For his well being he should have stayed out of the lineup until completely healthy.

I agree with this, the only thing I will point out is that Drury wasn't doing anything offensivly than either. He did not look like he was about to break out either.

Someone many many threads ago pointed out he had hoped that Torts learned somthing from Wilson by using Drury in front of the net on the PP & not at the point. Drury needs lot's of PP time in front of the net to be sucessfull.

Old
03-15-2010, 08:25 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Not really. Gomez never lived up to the hype.
I hope you are just kidding.

Gomez is on a tear lately and he has 50points in 66 games played. He had a horrible start to the season but he's been on a ppg pace for a while now.

Oh, he's also pretty responsible defensively and can kill penalties. So, I hope that wasn't going to be your main argument for Drury.

Gomez would have fit in perfectly with the team. Remember when Jagr was here and always attracted the opposing teams best D-men? Well, Gomez had 70 points in 81 games that year. Gaborik would be in a similar role and I bet our 2nd line would have a bit more jam to it.

Let's also not forget that Gomez can actually make great passes and he can easily enter the offensive zone using his speed and skating ability.

Drury can't travel more than 3 feet with the puck on his stick.

Gomer > Drury and it's not even close.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 08:38 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
I dont care how much this guy is getting paid or how maybe unemotional he may seem off the ice in interviews...this guy is busting his ass for this team on the ice and is showing the emotion needed. He is playing in all situations and has been playing very since the olympics break...even a bit before then. Dru is stepping it up and I hope he stays like this.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:00 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post

Gomez is on a tear lately and he has 50points in 66 games played. .
Yea, for Montreal.......

So good for him & the Habs I guess.

Old
03-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:

Gomez is on a tear lately and he has 50points in 66 games played. He had a horrible start to the season but he's been on a ppg pace for a while now.

Oh, he's also pretty responsible defensively and can kill penalties. So, I hope that wasn't going to be your main argument for Drury.

Gomez would have fit in perfectly with the team. Remember when Jagr was here and always attracted the opposing teams best D-men? Well, Gomez had 70 points in 81 games that year. Gaborik would be in a similar role and I bet our 2nd line would have a bit more jam to it.

Let's also not forget that Gomez can actually make great passes and he can easily enter the offensive zone using his speed and skating ability.

You're exactly right. Gomez was traded because he had more value than Drury.

The bolded sentence is the reason why I was against trading Gomez instead of Drury.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 07:56 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Yea, for Montreal.......

So good for him & the Habs I guess.
Still better than what Drury has to show.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 08:57 AM
BobSantos

Gotta say I like that Drury is finally showing an offensive pulse.

Good for us.

Still - not worth $7mil, but he's not going anywhere. If he leads us to the cup I will forgive the transgression that is his 'salary vs. perfomance'. Lol. Start working, Drury!

BobSantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

When and why did this thread turn into a Gomez vs Drury thing?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Salz

Sting36E always made good points on why Gomez was overrated and not nearly as valuable as his points made him seem to be. Check out those posts.

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Salz

Quote:

Well in this scenario you are saying we deal Drury instead of Gomez to get the money for Gaborik. We would be better offensively, no doubt, but I wonder how much defense 5 on 5 and penalty kill we would have sacrificed. That stuff adds up too.

Old
03-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Salz

This discussion is pointless since nobody would have taken Drury's 7 million dollars. The Habs have always had a hard on for Gomez.

Old
03-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salz View Post
This discussion is pointless since nobody would have taken Drury's 7 million dollars. The Habs have always had a hard on for Gomez.
Not to mention Drury has a NMC, which has seemingly been forgotten about a million times on this board.

Old
03-16-2010, 10:07 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist4Vezina View Post
Still better than what Drury has to show.
U can't have it both ways. Gomez had more vaule due to his age, skill & not having a no trade. I had no issue with the trade than or now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
03-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Salz

Quote:
Not to mention Drury has a NMC, which has seemingly been forgotten about a million times on this board.
Exactly. Look, we are stuck with him, but the contract would be easier to stomach if we got rid of Redden's. Rozy's 5 mil cap hit isn't that horrible if he plays like this. So really, Redden's contract may end up being the only cancerous one on the club. But the extra 3-3.5 mil Drury makes really does hurt.

Old
03-16-2010, 10:10 AM
The Thomas J.*

Everyone assumes Drury was tradeable. I dont think he was even if he waived His NTC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
03-16-2010, 10:12 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
When and why did this thread turn into a Gomez vs Drury thing?
Mod merged the threads.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
03-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salz View Post
Exactly. Look, we are stuck with him, but the contract would be easier to stomach if we got rid of Redden's. Rozy's 5 mil cap hit isn't that horrible if he plays like this. So really, Redden's contract may end up being the only cancerous one on the club. But the extra 3-3.5 mil Drury makes really does hurt.
I loved hearing that we signed Gomez and Drury back in 2007, but I quickly soured when I heard the ridiculous terms of the contracts. At the very least, I could justify the signings in some way....same goes for Roszival whose contract in a vacuum doesnt hurt the team nearly as much as many people think.

Redden is, and will always be, the contract that Sather shelled out that is nothing but mindboggling.

Old
03-16-2010, 10:37 AM
BobSantos

Wait - Redden is +7 over the past month!?!

Sorry, I surprised myself when checking his stats...

BobSantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSantos View Post
Wait - Redden is +7 over the past month!?!

Sorry, I surprised myself when checking his stats...
Id chalk that up to coincidence more than anything. He doesnt play many minutes anywhere, which makes an already imperfect +/- stat even more imperfect.

Old
03-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Elvis Presley
Aka #30

how long have you guys been watching the rangers? since we got drury all of his seasons have been like this. if you can look up posts i called this exact thing like 2 months ago. drury comes up big when it comes to end season/post season games. he is a great clutch man to have. but yeah obviously as everyone else way overpaid etc etc.

Elvis Presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by apulsch View Post
how long have you guys been watching the rangers? since we got drury all of his seasons have been like this. if you can look up posts i called this exact thing like 2 months ago. drury comes up big when it comes to end season/post season games. he is a great clutch man to have. but yeah obviously as everyone else way overpaid etc etc.
Drury has been anything but clutch as a Ranger....and I have probably only missed a handful of games in the past 10 years, most of which are due to my father passing away or Versus blacking out games.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote