HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Exercise/Workout Thread

Old
03-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
PS

I was able to hold crane for like, a solid eight seconds before I totally face planted into the floor.
I have no idea what this means, but it made me LOL.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 06:15 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
I have no idea what this means, but it made me LOL.
Essentially a head stand with your knees into your elbows. Upside-down.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 06:26 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Essentially a head stand with your knees into your elbows. Upside-down.
The balance poses in yoga are the worst. I'd probably be better at this than the one-legged ones, but one of these days I'm definitely going to have a near death experience doing yoga.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 12:14 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Through 1 month of p90x....just did Chest, Shoulders, & Tris yesterday for the first time and it's my new favorite. Unfortunately, I believe today is Plyo.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 12:27 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Guess what im doing right now Claude? I'm exactly as far along as you are.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 12:41 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Quote:
Guess what im doing right now Claude? I'm exactly as far along as you are.
You're doing Plyo while posting on HFBoards? Impressive.

Seriously though, you're at the same spot as me, eh? I thought you were already going on this thing when I started...am I incorrect, or have you not been able to do it every day?

Old
03-16-2010, 12:44 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

This is my 2nd cycle of P90. I started this current one like, a month and a week ago. I took a week off last week cuz I was on break. I started Phase 2 yesterday.

And yeah, I post in between moves, or when my legs die 20 seconds into squat switch pick ups

I just did a p90 first for me too. I was able to keep up with that ****ing leapfrog dude in Plyo during the 2nd round of Jump knee tucks. **** you dom.

Old
03-16-2010, 01:08 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Quote:
This is my 2nd cycle of P90. I started this current one like, a month and a week ago. I took a week off last week cuz I was on break. I started Phase 2 yesterday.
Ahh, I see. Birthday Plyometrics for you! Good times!
Quote:
And yeah, I post in between moves, or when my legs die 20 seconds into squat switch pick ups
Hahaha, they are one of the worst for sure. For me, it's really just the things that are some kind of squat that I hate. Of course, that's about 50% of the exercises. The other 50% or so aren't so bad at all(some are like being given a break)...although, even some of the easy ones can suck at times cuz I'm so dead from squats.

Those final exercises I'm not even really including in this...the sport things. They're lame as hell and seem pretty useless, although I guess they work kind of well as a sort of cool down. But I guess I shouldn't complain about them...I'm always relieved when they come, haha.
Quote:
I just did a p90 first for me too. I was able to keep up with that ****ing leapfrog dude in Plyo during the 2nd round of Jump knee tucks. **** you dom.
Whaaaat? You stuck with that wiry ***** Dom even when he kicked it into ludicrous speed? With the crazy non-stop hops, and then Tony gives him the fist pound and tells him he knows how hard that was(damn vids are ingrained in my mind already!). I haven't come close to that, I have enough trouble doing the normal speed ones at that part, and then I'm usually standing there breathing heavily and hating on Dom by the time he gets to the triple speed ****...that wiry, jeri curl, kangaroo jumping mother****er.

It's not so much that what he's doing is impossible...the issue is more that I'm pretty damn dead at that point.

But anyway, you should seriously be proud of yourself. That's a bigass accomplishment for sure. Happy birthday, man.

Yesterday's ab ripper was the first time I did the mason twist things at the end without missing a single one...that was a nice accomplishment for me.

Old
03-16-2010, 01:22 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
Ahh, I see. Birthday Plyometrics for you! Good times!
Hah, dont remind me. First thing I think when I wake up "'****in plyo on my ******* birthday! ****!"

Quote:
Yesterday's ab ripper was the first time I did the mason twist things at the end without missing a single one...that was a nice accomplishment for me.
Nice. Sticking with the Mason twist the whole way is tough, but rewarding. I just try to zone out and stare at the clock tick down when I do it, or I count my own reps, it helps.

Old
03-16-2010, 01:24 PM
RoDu

Don't people just lift heavy weights anymore?

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:38 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Don't people just lift heavy weights anymore?
No, they spend $150 dollars on CD's that shows very small gains in "90 days." Spend that $150 on a personal trainer like say, me, and make some real gains.

Ruvo was benching 95 pounds when we started 2 months ago and he can do 135 10 times already. He only goes twice a week as well.

JSTAFFx60

On sale near you shortly.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 02:06 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
No, they spend $150 dollars on CD's that shows very small gains in "90 days." Spend that $150 on a personal trainer like say, me, and make some real gains.

Ruvo was benching 95 pounds when we started 2 months ago and he can do 135 10 times already. He only goes twice a week as well.

JSTAFFx60

Everyone I know who has done p90x pirated it.

I tried to keep up with it once. I lost 15 lbs through the first phase and a half, and then when I came up on finals for my last year of college I fell off the wagon.

I have since been unable to establish the routine, largely because I don't have enough space in my house to do half of the exercises (including plyo).

I'm joining a gym tonight, though, and getting a PT to design me a workout plan. Being at a gym >>>>>>>>> attempting p90x when you can only achieve half your range of motion....

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 02:17 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Quote:

JSTAFFx60

Dude, if you became anything at all like Tony Horton, Id buy your CDs. but you have to be a goofy mother****er.

Old
03-16-2010, 02:27 PM
mm6492

p90x is more for cutting and loosingw eight. You are not gonna gain much muscle mass.

And the best way to get it is a bit illegal

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 08:15 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:

JSTAFFx60

I see what you mean and all because I weight train instead of these kinds of programs myself but if that guy was benching 95 before you started working him he clearly wasn't a gym guy and everyone knows the first few weeks you hit the gym you see your best increases. He could have done that on his own and saved the $150 all together.
Posted via Mobile Device

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 08:25 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
I see what you mean and all because I weight train instead of these kinds of programs myself but if that guy was benching 95 before you started working him he clearly wasn't a gym guy and everyone knows the first few weeks you hit the gym you see your best increases. He could have done that on his own and saved the $150 all together.Posted via Mobile Device
I mean that's one way at looking at it. But looking at it from a business perspective, these are the types of clients you market to; Beginners, never before gym-goers. This way, in their first month they get serious gains and think your the best trainer in the world and then sign a 6 month agreement.

Old
03-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Shoeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Sure, it's entirely legit. I mean, anything that gets someone active everyday is going to work. But CrossFit requires a lot of upper-body strength to get the most out of it. You really need to be able to do 10-15 pull-ups and bench close to your body weight to really start taking full advantage.
Don't let anything stop you from trying out CrossFit. I thought the same thing, that I needed to be in fantastic shape to get the full effect of CrossFit. When I started I couldnt do 10-15 pull-ups, but without Crossfit I probably still wouldnt be able. The trainers and everyone there understand that the first time doing CrossFit is going to be hard. I thought CrossFit would be this meat head gym and I would feel out of place because I wasn't as strong as everyone else, but it wasnt the case. The trainers and other people there cheer you on.

If anyone lives in the South Jersey area, I encourage you to check out CrossFit Off-the-Grid. http://crossfitotg.blogspot.com/

I started going back in the summer and I couldn't imagine working out anyway else.

Shoeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
I mean that's one way at looking at it. But looking at it from a business perspective, these are the types of clients you market to; Beginners, never before gym-goers. This way, in their first month they get serious gains and think your the best trainer in the world and then sign a 6 month agreement.
Ahh the Randy Jones effect. Trick someone into thinking your the real deal then robbing them for millions.
Posted via Mobile Device

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 02:54 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
Ahh the Randy Jones effect. Trick someone into thinking your the real deal then robbing them for millions.
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh im the real deal. Even when you want to get rid of me i'll still be leaching on.

Old
03-18-2010, 03:20 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Oh im the real deal. Even when you want to get rid of me i'll still be leaching on.
Just like Randy's cap hit!

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:05 AM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Nearly 2/3 of the way through P90x, and as I somewhat expected, I've gotten a little bit disinterested with the program. Like I said in the beginning...there are several reasons I decided to do it, a couple being that my gf wanted to do it too and that I wanted to get into better shape to start playing hockey again. I knew it wasn't anywhere near an ideal program for my body type or for someone who wants to put on mass, but there were enough reasons to do it anyway. It's a good program, and for certain body types or people with certain goals could definitely could work wonders, but I've gotten a little disinterested as some of the stuff is working me way too hard at things I know aren't going to make me bigger. That annoys me, haha. If I'm gonna work that hard, I feel like I should just be doing it with heavy ass weights at the gym.

Still though, it is a good program, and will definitely whip your ass into amazing shape if you put the effort in. All the legs, plyo, and other cardio stuff can really kick your ass if you give it your all. Although, now that it's been getting so damn nice out, we've been switching out some cardio days to go for a run outside. That has been the best apart about this nice weather...I can't get enough of it. But I hope we get a good month or so of nice spring weather. Ten days ago I had the heat on, and the past couple days I felt like turning the A/C on. I hate that ****. Gimme a month or three where I don't need heat or A/C. Just windows open with a perfect breeze. Come on God, do it.

Old
04-19-2010, 03:10 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

I hate it....

But I love it.

Old
04-19-2010, 03:28 PM
RoDu

I'm going to try and bust my old personal deadlift record this summer, I do straight legged deadlifts http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...gDeadlift.html
My old best is 360 lbs, and I'm aiming for 400 even

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 03:32 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Getting that 10 minute trainer thing. Heard only good things about it.

Im so busy so it should be good. Its from the same guy who made the p90x

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 01:29 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

I dont know how many of you use a resistance band and a door jamb to simulate pulls ups, but I am one of those unfortunate few. Well, the worst case scenario just happened, and as I was doing "pull ups" with the heaviest grade band I have, the door jamb slips and the next then I know I have a rubber band from ****ing hell destroy my chest. It was like getting the wind knocked out of you, but I instantly worried that my heart was going to stop like if you get hit with a line drive in baseball.

Anyway, it was complete shock and pain for the first 2 minutes until it started to subside. Now I have a pretty sexy deep purple bruise and red line that essentially extends from nipple to nipple, and it ****ing burns.

Morale of the story kids, **** resistance bands, they are ****ing gay.