HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Ottawa @ Vancouver 10:00 PM EST, CBC

Old
03-14-2010, 04:19 PM
guyzeur

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
I blame the guy who signs the players, made the trades and hired the coaches.

Hell we have Cullen our answer for additional offense playing with Neil and Ruutu.
And by the way, why did it become a Murray thread?

Tell me where you would like to play Cullen as a centre?

Replace Spezza? Make him play on the 2nd line with Kovalev? Failed on both cases.

He's playing 3rd line and PP time.

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:26 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by porknbeans View Post
pretty much. I can see Toronto winning on Tuesday. Hopefully Foligno is back by then.
Are you getting ready just in case of a lost so you won't have to justify to fickle emotions?

Be positive, even if we loose against TO, we play 82 games to get into a standing before the playoffs.

What were your comments after the 1st Canada-USA? Were you getting ready for a defeat vs Russia?

Old
03-14-2010, 04:27 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
That's what is so shocking, to look at the standings and to see Philly and the Habs charging hard behind us, just 3 pts back and than only 7 up on Boston for the last spot, it's a major concern. Watching Philly today, they're not gonna slow down as Leighton has been great for them and the Habs have now won 5 in a row. Oh boy.....
Philly had so much trouble this year, they have a much better line up than we do. They should finish ahead of us.

Old
03-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Polakdave
Official Sens' Polak

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Polakdave Send a message via MSN to Polakdave Send a message via Yahoo to Polakdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I thought on both break aways that Leclaire should have gone after the puck instead of staying in his net. I thought he had enough time to get the puck & shoot it out of the zone. IMO these were two bad decisions & one ended up in the back of his net. It wasn't all Leclaire's fault, the team again played poorly in front of him which says something else, but if he wants to be the #1 guy he still has a long way to go including better decision making.
I was at the game, and only the Burrows breakaway he should have been accounted for. Leclaire was outstanding today. It's a lot different in person than it is on tv and having played hockey a couple hours before this game, I really was able to get a true taste of things. Here's what I noticed:

-Leclaire played great, but he's a bit too cautious sometimes. His later movement is scary good. Great game by him.
-Alfredsson was lazy, as were most of the players, but his play made sick
-Spezza's goal, up close, my god. Highlight of the game. He actually put in some effort today. He's my boy.
-Neil, the only one who did anything today (apart from Leclaire and Spezza). It looked like he had no conditioning in the first period, but then he started to loosen up, and played much better for the rest of the game. Sick fight vs. Rypien, too.

Polakdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:00 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Philly had so much trouble this year, they have a much better line up than we do. They should finish ahead of us.
philly has a lot of "big names" but like Auld i cant see their backup gone number 1 stay hot forever.

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 06:32 PM
2Cowen

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolakDave View Post
I was at the game, and only the Burrows breakaway he should have been accounted for. Leclaire was outstanding today. It's a lot different in person than it is on tv and having played hockey a couple hours before this game, I really was able to get a true taste of things. Here's what I noticed:

-Leclaire played great, but he's a bit too cautious sometimes. His later movement is scary good. Great game by him.
-Alfredsson was lazy, as were most of the players, but his play made sick
-Spezza's goal, up close, my god. Highlight of the game. He actually put in some effort today. He's my boy.
-Neil, the only one who did anything today (apart from Leclaire and Spezza). It looked like he had no conditioning in the first period, but then he started to loosen up, and played much better for the rest of the game. Sick fight vs. Rypien, too.

You were at the game?
How many sens fans were in attendance? or if you can provide a ballpark estimate?

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 06:44 PM
mizza318

LOL @ the people who are blaming Leclaire for the loss...

How about this team scoring a whopping 7 goals in their last 5 games. (Minus the edmonton game its 3 goals in 4 games).

Maybe if we lost games 5-4 you can blame your goalie...but when you get outshot 17-2 and come out down only by a goal your goalie is not the problem.

I also want to know where are all the Lee fan boys now. The guy is a ****ing plug. I think my sister shoots the puck better then him. Such a waste of a roster spot.

I can't wait to have Kuba back...for all the hate he gets he can at least run the powerplay.

mizza318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

Wrong. Kuba can't run a PP even if his life depended on it. We were 30th on the PP when he was in the line up. Actually, I thought our PP looked better without him on it. It's the offense that is struggling right now, the PP is just the same as usual, bad.

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:31 PM
mizza318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senateurs View Post
Wrong. Kuba can't run a PP even if his life depended on it. We were 30th on the PP when he was in the line up. Actually, I thought our PP looked better without him on it. It's the offense that is struggling right now, the PP is just the same as usual, bad.
That is why hes got the most pp assists out of our d man ...

mizza318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:02 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizza318 View Post
That is why hes got the most pp assists out of our d man ...
A pylone would eventually pick up assists too if it could play on the powerplay.

Old
03-14-2010, 10:44 PM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
A pylone would eventually pick up assists too if it could play on the powerplay.
You mean the way that Campoli and Picard racked up the points with the minutes they got on the man advantage?

You're severely and unfairly underestimating what Kuba brings to this team. It's not exactly a coincidence that they've struggled with him out, including the powerplay.

PoutineSp00nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:44 PM
Hale The Villain

Paid $200 for an amazing seat and drove 4 hours to watch this ****show live

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 08:04 AM
2Cowen

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
were there alot of sens fans in attendance?

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 08:32 AM
King City Warrior

Quote:
Well I have great respect to you for driving and paying for the ticket and fuel to go to the ottawa game. At least you (sensational spezza) got to see jason spezza score a sensational goal right in person, in an otherwise bad night.

And here it is once again, that actually is incredible to watch.

King City Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutineplato View Post
You mean the way that Campoli and Picard racked up the points with the minutes they got on the man advantage?

You're severely and unfairly underestimating what Kuba brings to this team. It's not exactly a coincidence that they've struggled with him out, including the powerplay.
Kuba has 182:25 min on the PP. That's 100 more than Picard at 81:15. With that extra time, he has only managed 1 goal and 5 assist. I should also add that Kuba starts every PP and played with the best players for that first half of every PP. Picard and Campoli only had the last 30-45 sec, when the puck is 200 feet away from the opposing net.

I'm pretty sure our PP wouldn't be as bad if Picard, Campoli or even Shannon had been given more time on the first PP unit. Kuba is absolutely brutal on the point. He doesn't create anything, he doesn't shoot, can't carry the puck int the zone, dumps the puck in way too late and fumbles often to put himself offside.

Do we miss Kuba? Of course, he plays 20+ minutes per game and he's an important part of our top 4. He would also be a better option on the PP than Phillips or Sutton but if the PP is struggling right now, it is not because Kuba is injured.

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 10:44 AM
MatthewT

Quote:
atleast you got to see a sick goal, by Spezza no less. Tell me you were atleast sitting in that end?

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Polakdave
Official Sens' Polak

Send a message via AIM to Polakdave Send a message via MSN to Polakdave Send a message via Yahoo to Polakdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Alfredsson View Post
You were at the game?
How many sens fans were in attendance? or if you can provide a ballpark estimate?
Quite a lot, actually. There were a few "go sens go" chants going, but were quickly muffled by "go canucks go". It was hard to say, though, because so many people were wearing red team Canada jerseys...

Maybe 3-4%?

Polakdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Rob Zepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Tough game tonight. Despite being pathetically small and incredibly soft the Canucks have managed to put up 26 goals in six games since the Olympics.
No way can lose to a team so pathetically small and incredibly soft. No way.

Rob Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 03:17 PM
MatthewT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Zepp View Post
No way can lose to a team so pathetically small and incredibly soft. No way.
your bumping the wrong GDT

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote