HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Choose one game.

Old
03-16-2010, 05:38 PM
WishYouWereHere

vCash: 500
Choose one game.

I am thinking about traveling to NY. Which game do you guys think I should choose, won´t make the trip this season. Going to NY next year hopefully. I am swede so of course it would be nice too se Rangers vs a team with alot of swedes, but I want to go the game that´s most exciting in terms of emotion and rivalry?

Or should I choose a washington (AO and Bäckström) or maybe Pitts (Crosby/malkin)?

WishYouWereHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Musto

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishYouWereHere View Post
I am thinking about traveling to NY. Which game do you guys think I should choose, won´t make the trip this season. Going to NY next year hopefully. I am swede so of course it would be nice too se Rangers vs a team with alot of swedes, but I want to go the game that´s most exciting in terms of emotion and rivalry?

Or should I choose a washington (AO and Bäckström) or maybe Pitts (Crosby/malkin)?
Do you want to see stars or do you want a real NY hockey experience?

if the latter then, NJ, Philthy or the Isles. I love the NJ ones myself.

Musto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 05:43 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Isles, Devils, and to a lesser extent Flyers are great match ups. Pens, Caps, and Habs are good as well, but don't have the same feeling.

The only problem is that they are sometimes hit or miss, especially when you don't know which Rangers team will show up.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 06:24 PM
WishYouWereHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Isles, Devils, and to a lesser extent Flyers are great match ups. Pens, Caps, and Habs are good as well, but don't have the same feeling.

The only problem is that they are sometimes hit or miss, especially when you don't know which Rangers team will show up.
I really want to see The King play, I´m guessing thats against NJ? So that would be the most exciting game for me? In terms of rivalry, rangers fan being excited and to be fairly certain that he played?

WishYouWereHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 06:34 PM
17futurecap

You can't go wrong with a Devils, Pens, or Islanders game, and barring injury the King will be playing in all of these games.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 06:38 PM
VIL8BUBBLE

Barring an injury Henrik is going to play 70 games so you are almost guaranteed to see him play. You can't go wrong with a Devils or Flyers game (Sundays was a great atmosphere after the 1st period), just avoid getting tickets when they play back-to-back nights as one of those games is the most likely time Henrik will get rested.

VIL8BUBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 08:44 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishYouWereHere View Post
I really want to see The King play, I´m guessing thats against NJ? So that would be the most exciting game for me? In terms of rivalry, rangers fan being excited and to be fairly certain that he played?
Lundqvist plays against all those teams. Although Lundqvist always gives his best against NJD because he loves playing against Brodeur.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

If you had to pick, I'd say any game versus our division rivals:

in order of excitement level:
vs. New Jersey Devils > vs. New York Islanders > vs. Philidelphia Flyers > vs. Pittsburgh Penguins.

Henrik will always play against the Devils and pretty much all of our division rivals. Those games are never short of excitement either.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:42 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

If you want to see a good hockey game, you might have to take a train ride to the swamp. Only team in the area where the odds of seeing a stinker don't outweigh the odds of a great game.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:43 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

If you wanna see a lot of Swedes cross your fingers and hope Detroit comes in again LOL (I think they're due to play in Detroit next year but maybe they'll play twice who knows)

Make sure the game you go to is NOT a weekend afternoon affair because those games more often than not tend to be 2-1.

If you get a chance to see any of the teams in the Rangers division do it, or also if Chicago, LA, or San Jose come in. Some of the most fun games I've seen throughout the years have been Rangers/Sharks.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

If you're only going to see one game, see the Rangers vs Washington--you'll see the best player in the world in a place where he clearly likes to play. Plus, as a bonus, you'll get to Backstrom, Semin and Mike Green (who is one of the best offensive defensemen in the league) et al.

If you want to see a team with a lot of Swedes (too bad Lidstrom is no longer in his prime) and has a long history (another original Six team), then see the game against Detroit (it's really too bad they're in the other conference).

If you want to see a game with a more local flavor, then see the Isles, Devils, Philly or Pittsburgh. Buffalo can also be a good match up.

But, for one game only, I'd pick Washington.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:22 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

The best games I've been to over the last few years have been vs the Penguins. Easily. Crowd goes nuts when we beat Crosby

Crosby, Malkin, Henrik, Gaby, Staals, its got it alls

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Musto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
If you want to see a good hockey game, you might have to take a train ride to the swamp. Only team in the area where the odds of seeing a stinker don't outweigh the odds of a great game.
you know they dont play in a swamp anymore. its a ghetto now.

Musto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 11:34 AM
AJRanger

Last two games I've been to were against the Pens, I'm a sucker for the Crosby hate.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 11:35 AM
LamoTheKid

Penguins, or Devils, you really can't go wrong.

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
I think that, in general, recent Rangers/Caps games have been fun to watch.

I never have as much fun as at Rangers/Flyers games, though, just because they bring out a lot of away fans who charge up the Rangers crowd. I went to a game in Philly, too, and had a great time (survived the whole thing with my Rangers jersey on!). Rangers/Devils games are a little more hit-and-miss, because I've been to a couple that have been fantastic, and I've been to some which were for some reason disappointing.

Unfortuantely, I've never been to a Rangers/Isles game...

007 is offline   Reply With Quote