HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

HFNHL Flames season hits a wall. A big one.

Old
03-16-2010, 06:45 PM
MatthewFlames

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
HFNHL Flames season hits a wall. A big one.

Calgary (CP): The Calgary Flames early success this season has come to a sudden and quick end, as the team lost last night to the Florida Panthers, 6-5, when the Panthers scored in the final minute. Following the game, which dropped the Flames to 4 - 10 in their last 14 games, it was announced that Ryan Smyth's career as a Calgary Flame would end after only 8 games.

Smyth will be heading to Chicago in return for winger Trent Hunter and some financial relief. Smyth scored 4 goals as a Flame.

Losing Smyth may prove costly, as the Flames lost another top 6 forward, All-Star Pavel Datsyuk. Datsyuk separated his shoulder in the second period and will be out for two months.

"Losing two players off our top line while we're in the middle of a season worst losing streak? Can anything get worse?" asked captain Jarome Iginla after the game. In fact it can. It was learned after the game that winger Jordan Tootoo also separated his shoulder and will also miss at least a month.

The Flames sit just four points out of the dreaded ninth spot, though they have games in hand on the surging Vancouver Canucks, it will take more than a .500 record in those 6 games to re-gain the division lead.

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 07:08 PM
HFNHL Commish

Send a message via AIM to HFNHL Commish
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewFlames View Post
Calgary (CP): The Calgary Flames early success this season has come to a sudden and quick end, as the team lost last night to the Florida Panthers, 6-5, when the Panthers scored in the final minute. Following the game, which dropped the Flames to 4 - 10 in their last 14 games, it was announced that Ryan Smyth's career as a Calgary Flame would end after only 8 games.

Smyth will be heading to Chicago in return for winger Trent Hunter and some financial relief. Smyth scored 4 goals as a Flame.

Losing Smyth may prove costly, as the Flames lost another top 6 forward, All-Star Pavel Datsyuk. Datsyuk separated his shoulder in the second period and will be out for two months.

"Losing two players off our top line while we're in the middle of a season worst losing streak? Can anything get worse?" asked captain Jarome Iginla after the game. In fact it can. It was learned after the game that winger Jordan Tootoo also separated his shoulder and will also miss at least a month.

The Flames sit just four points out of the dreaded ninth spot, though they have games in hand on the surging Vancouver Canucks, it will take more than a .500 record in those 6 games to re-gain the division lead.
Does that mean I'll need to name an injury replacement for the All-Star Game?
Posted via Mobile Device

HFNHL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Lord Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewFlames View Post

I think your team hitting the wall has more to do with me taking over my own team.

Lord Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 07:16 PM
MatthewFlames

Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFNHL Commish View Post
Does that mean I'll need to name an injury replacement for the All-Star Game?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yah I guess you will have too... It won't let me add injured players to the roster... I'm gonna sim the all-star game later today or tomorrow morning

M

Old
03-16-2010, 07:17 PM
MatthewFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stanley View Post
I think your team hitting the wall has more to do with me taking over my own team.
Er actually... my season started sucking when you came on board. You're bad luck Jon. Glad I managed to pawn you off my front office team