HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Noronen Cheap-shot

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2005, 07:33 AM
MarekZ

vCash: 500
Noronen Cheap-shot

Noronen made a cheap-shot in Finland and there's a video of it on the net. Please post your opinion and tell me what you think would have happened in the NHL.

http://koti.aina.fi/tt/hpk/tiedostot...are/030205.wmv

Old
02-04-2005, 07:43 AM
Hobey Baker

Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarekZ
Noronen made a cheap-shot in Finland and there's a video of it on the net. Please post your opinion and tell me what you think would have happened in the NHL.

Retaliation via "provoked" cheap shot indeed. Not to say this is OK, but it looks like he was pissed because the opposing player gave him an elbow up high. Skaters often take liberties when nudged into a goalie, and this guy paid a hefty price.

In the NHL, someone would've gotten up in Noronen's grill, and likewise the guy who got chopped down, too. A scrum would ensue shortly thereafter I imagine...

Old
02-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarekZ

Link's dead for me.

Old
02-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brownstone
Link's dead for me.
same here.

Old
02-05-2005, 06:35 AM
MarekZ

Yeah, they closed down the link because the team didn't like anybody to see it.

Yes, the guy who hits Noronen should get his head beaten up, but Noronen skates to him and hits him from behind and with his stick.

Old
02-05-2005, 10:27 AM
Streaker-man

Ok I saw that cheap shot earlier today and I must say that no one can protect the thing that Mika did. That really was cheap. If that had happened in the NHL it would have started a serious gang fight. Joonas Vihko (the guy that accidently hit Noronen) got pushed by Noronen´s own team mate. He barely touched Noronen and Noronen went after him, took the stick up like a baseball bat and hit Vihko´s back.

I´m disappointed that HIFK doesn´t have a real goon in their team. I´d like to see Mika cheapshooting a JYP player (Jody Shelley).

Old
02-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Hobey Baker

Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaker-man
Joonas Vihko (the guy that accidently hit Noronen) got pushed by Noronen´s own team mate. He barely touched Noronen and Noronen went after him, took the stick up like a baseball bat and hit Vihko´s back.
Noronen should and would definitely be accountable for his actions, but don't disregard the fact that Vihko took his incidental (not accidental) bumping into the goalie as an opportunity to raise the elbow a little bit. Defensemen run forwards into their own goalies all the time (Mika has had this happen before), but the forwards don't always use it a chance to inflict a check on the goaltender. You know this is exactly what happened by looking at Noronen's reaction, so I have to disagree with your stance.

Closed Thread