HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Tonight's Game Stunk But We Need To Think About Puppies and Stay Positive Post

Old
03-16-2010, 10:38 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

vCash: 500
The Tonight's Game Stunk But We Need To Think About Puppies and Stay Positive Post

Yes it was pretty bad overall but it's not worth getting sooo angry about for the following points;

-They weren't going to win EVERY game the rest of the season

-There are a dozen game to go so a winning streak can happen

-Yeah it was a bad break for Anisimov but he's a rookie and this is his first time through this grind; this is his NHL internship; he'll get stronger next year

-Bergeron from Boston and Leighton from Philly both were hurt so that could help; gotta take the breaks that are given

-We've been through darker times (98-04 and the Espo Years) before and survived

-Higher draft pick if they don't make it

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:47 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Yes it was pretty bad overall but it's not worth getting sooo angry about for the following points;

-They weren't going to win EVERY game the rest of the season

-There are a dozen game to go so a winning streak can happen

-Yeah it was a bad break for Anisimov but he's a rookie and this is his first time through this grind; this is his NHL internship; he'll get stronger next year

-Bergeron from Boston and Leighton from Philly both were hurt so that could help; gotta take the breaks that are given

-We've been through darker times (98-04 and the Espo Years) before and survived

-Higher draft pick if they don't make it
You know, dude, forgive me if I seem like I'm biting your head-off cuz I'm still steaming over that game but let me say this.

Most of us fans are just sick and ****ing tired of the inconsistency. It isn't so much tonights game in particular but this entire season can be summed up in a single word: inconsistent.

Never in my life have I seen a more bi-polar team that cannot seem to put any sort of win-streak together. When one thing works, another thing doesn't. And when that starts to work, yet another thing stops working.

The Philly game, we probably played the best defensively all year and the PP unit was clicking. The PK unit was pretty bad but luckily it didn't cost us. 5-on-5 we were mediocre. We plugged up the neutral zone and forechecked real well.

Tonight, defensively we were pretty bad, the PP was awful, and we turned the puck over almost every single time we obtained possession.

There's just no excuse why this team does a 180 after every game. One step forward, two steps back. Three steps forward, 1 step back. One step forward, four steps back.

You see what I mean?

I'm sick and ****ing tired of hearing the same old excuses why this team didn't win tonight and what they need to do to be better. Enough of the ******** already.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:47 PM
trilobyte

Yes, and every time that one of us feels negative, a kitten, or a puppy, dies.

That should make each of us reconsider feeling negative thoughts about the Rangers.

Group Hug?

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:54 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Don't forget we gotta sing kumbaya and talk about feelings over a campfire.

But in all seriousness, yeah, I'm pissed too but I'm not gonna get super pissed unless all the Stepans, Wereks, Grachevs, etc. become minor league 3rd liners.

The real team motto for the 2009-10 Edition of the New York Rangers should be; it is what it is.

We wanted to see some kids not named Crosby, Ovechkin, Matt Duschene and we got it. It hasn't been all great with an inconsistent bunch and are GM is still a schmuck, but hopefully next year they all get better, one or two FAs get signed, and a guy like Nino Neidereiter or Kirill Kabanov can come in and help right away.

Old
03-16-2010, 10:56 PM
lbrowne

NYRfan89 - my thoughts exactly.

They don't stay average, they don't feed in the basement, they dominate some games they have no business and crap the bed in others. It's like someone blindfolded and spun around throwing darts.

My frustration is watching them let up, not hit like they're suppose to, and not simplify plays when things don't go your way.

They're not even has reliable as an irregular heartbeat.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 11:08 PM
trilobyte

White Plains - I'm totally with you on being positive about the future. Some things are smoke and mirrors, but watching Kreider and Stepan at the WJC, that definitely is real. Plus some of the other guys in the pipe, to a lesser degree.
I'm happy that I am an optimist by nature.

Mostly, the present team likes to give you a whiff of what could be, then they rip it away from you, leaving you feeling cheated.
I don't pray very often, but when I do, I always include the Rangers.

Old
03-16-2010, 11:17 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
White Plains - I'm totally with you on being positive about the future. Some things are smoke and mirrors, but watching Kreider and Stepan at the WJC, that definitely is real. Plus some of the other guys in the pipe, to a lesser degree.
I'm happy that I am an optimist by nature.

Mostly, the present team likes to give you a whiff of what could be, then they rip it away from you, leaving you feeling cheated.
I don't pray very often, but when I do, I always include the Rangers.

I understand that dude. We're all crazy obsessive/superstitious about the Rangers, if it makes you feel better my last g/f used to get pissed at me for not going out early enough because I'd be so into the games.

We have the most loyal and nutty fans in NY bar none.

It stinks now how erratic this team is and Sather is no genius architect, but you just have to hope that this year is the start of a new breed and transition where the Wereks, Kreiders, Stepans, and if they miss the dance hopefully Neidereiters or whomever it is can at least turn into 25 goal second liners at worst.

We may all feel like crap come April 13th, 2010, but it'll pass and hopefully in April 2011 or 2012 at latest, we'll be talking about how the PP matches up against whatever goalie they're going against.

On the bright side; hey, at least Faith No More is playing Brooklyn and Soundgarden might show up too this summer

Old
03-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Nick00

We all just want this team to have an identity.

Be tough, be quick, be competitive.
Be a cohesive and dedicated team, instead of a group of mentally unprepared individuals who can't seem to maintain focus and direction.
Be a serious winner, and if you can't then be a serious loser and lets start looking towards the draft and how we're going to fix this team in July.

Just be something.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Richter35

Always root for my team to win.

with that said, does ANYBODY think that squeeking in at #8 will result in anything more than a beating by the caps? We embarrassed them enough last year by going up 3-1 in the series, if there's a re-match im predicting something like 7-2 scores, Alfred Hitchcock behind the bench will not hesitate to remind us who's the better team.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 11:23 PM
trilobyte

A Faith No More concert is definitely something to look forward to, though not quite as much as the disappearance of Sather's influence on NYR (notice I say his influence, as I fully believe that even if he retires in a month, he will still be guiding the new guy, be that Messier or whomever).

Old
03-16-2010, 11:27 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Hopefully this team goes through the same transition it did in the late 80s when they had all the random veterans like Ogrodnick, Kissio (who was good), MaCiver, Dionne, Wilson, Nilan, etc. and then slowly brought in Leetch, Granato, Jansens, Turcotte, Miller followed by Amonte, Weight, Zubov, Kovalev, etc.

Old
03-16-2010, 11:27 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

So I guess there's no reason 2 watch this game now

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Yeah sure, things are really going to change 70 games into the season.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 11:44 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

They caught Philly on the back end of back to back games...an afternoon game at that

Montreal wanted it more... and took it

03-16-2010, 11:56 PM
trilobyte

Avery needs the right kind of opponent. Montreal just doesn't fill the bill for him, while Philadelphia does to a tee.
I bet Sean finds Montreal totally frustrating because they have no obvious villains, no foils for his strategy.

Sean can be a great plus to this team, but not if he gets suspended for tonight's last minute hell-raising (I have to say that I have not been able to see a replay, and have read different accounts of what happened). We need him skating next game, not watching.

Old
03-17-2010, 01:24 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Avery needs the right kind of opponent. Montreal just doesn't fill the bill for him, while Philadelphia does to a tee.
I bet Sean finds Montreal totally frustrating because they have no obvious villains, no foils for his strategy.

Sean can be a great plus to this team, but not if he gets suspended for tonight's last minute hell-raising (I have to say that I have not been able to see a replay, and have read different accounts of what happened). We need him skating next game, not watching.
They have plenty of obvious villians. Gomez seems to have bad blood with half the Rangers. Travis Moen and Avery are always jawing, I think Avery considers him "not worth his time"

Not sure what Avery has to do with this discussion anyway.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 01:26 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Let the chips fall where they may. I'm disgusted by fans already looking to the draft. While the outcome may not be good in the playoffs, I'd love for the chance to somehow upset a team in the first round, even if odds are we'll get spanked.

People complain about the team having no pride, yet half our fanbase is ready to throw in the towel and root for a draft pick. Pretty hypocritical, IMO.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 02:45 AM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
They have plenty of obvious villians. Gomez seems to have bad blood with half the Rangers. Travis Moen and Avery are always jawing, I think Avery considers him "not worth his time"

Not sure what Avery has to do with this discussion anyway.
No, not the same. Avery punches above his weight against some opponents, less against others.

Obviously, you also realize that Avery figures in every discussion about the Rangers, or you would not have replied.
Averey has lots to do with every discussion about how the dysfunctional Rangers are doing, and you know that as well as I do.

Old
03-17-2010, 02:45 AM
skymachine

Quote:
A Faith No More concert is definitely something to look forward to, though not quite as much as the disappearance of Sather's influence on NYR (notice I say his influence, as I fully believe that even if he retires in a month, he will still be guiding the new guy, be that Messier or whomever).
Amen to this.

skymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 06:25 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan89 View Post
You know, dude, forgive me if I seem like I'm biting your head-off cuz I'm still steaming over that game but let me say this.

Most of us fans are just sick and ****ing tired of the inconsistency. It isn't so much tonights game in particular but this entire season can be summed up in a single word: inconsistent.
Um, inconsistent is the trademark of a bad team. No team stinks every night. Bad teams stink more than average teams and good teams.

Anyone who has watched the Rangers this year that thinks this is sometimes a very good club is watching different games than I've been watching. I doubt that there are more than one or two teams that have been more consistently bad than the Rangers have been.

The Rangers are the definition of a bad team this season. For the most part, I would argue that they have been consistently terrible almost all season.

In the end, it all comes down to that their personnel is inferior and has nothing to do with people's perceived lack of trying. That's the type of nonsensical thought that diverts us from the truth of just how bad the team is and perpetuates the notion that success is a coach away or a tough guy away or one young stud forward away.

This team is as far away from success as at any time since Sather arrived, an almost impossible feat of ineptitude.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 06:28 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Puppies, guys, puppies.

More.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 06:56 AM
lovetherangers

Its times like this is prefer to think of scantily clad women, or perhaps the disrobed kind to help get me through. Happy St Patricks day!

lovetherangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 06:58 AM
Shadowtron

The team just isn't built to win. It's that simple. We can kick puppies or think "joy joy" thoughts all day. But the fact remains, the team just does not have the personnel to compete nightly.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 09:39 AM
terrrrrible

The play last night where the Canadiens player took the puck that was sitting between two Rangers, while short-handed, then scoring on the empty net, has been playing over and over in my head all day. When that stuff happens, it's hard to believe that they even care to be playing any more.

I always back my teams til the end, but I would hate to see them end the season as the 9 seed with a middle 1st round pick (and I'm probably wrong on saying that, I'm not really up on where their picks are for the draft), or even somehow grab the 8th seed and get ousted in the 1st round.

terrrrrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:

Avery was by far our best foward last night. Not sure what your watching man.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote