HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#69: Flyers @ Predators - March 16, 2010 - 8:00 PM (ET)

Old
03-16-2010, 09:59 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2605
The Flyers last two games of the season are against the Rangers.

A giant among racehorses, Unbridled became an even more towering figure at stud,
siring a winner of each Triple Crown race, as well as champions, Grade 1 winners, and major producers at stud.

Paulick Report, May 19, 2015
MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I think it should be a 10 minute OT and then a 5 shooter shootout. Or at least make it a 5 shooter shootout. Helps eliminate the randomness
I'm fine with that too. Like I said before, there's very few practical ways to end a game like this one and to me it seems like a lot of people who hate the shootout don't realize that. What you suggested is probably about the longest that you could practically stretch out a game.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Even with our **** show in net that we are going to pass the Sens, they are STRUGGLING !!!!!!!!
I'm not surprised. They were over-due to come back down to earth where their goal differential is and their roster is nothing special at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
The Flyers last two games of the season are against the Rangers.
Hopefully those two games end better then last season's.

Old
03-16-2010, 10:02 PM
TheKingPin

LOVE the guts we showed to come back tonight. Bring that fire to start things and we start crushing teams...

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
LOVE the guts we showed to come back tonight. Bring that fire to start things and we start crushing teams...
I liked the fact that we came back, but the refs were seriously one-sided in our favor, even to someone like me who usually has a hard time spotting penalties on the ice.

Old
03-16-2010, 10:05 PM
medicman

Can Geiko save you 15% or more on car insurance....Should Flyers fans not be allowed near computers during a game!

medicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:30 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin
Bring that fire to start things and we start crushing teams...
But that's the thing. How many 60-minute efforts have we seen this season? Or last? This team seems to revel in taking at least one period off per game. Inconsistency is this team's signature.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Bryz4shiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
While that true, the Flyers not showing up for long stretches of the game didn't help. They have to realize that they can't just show up for the last 10 minutes of a game and win.
I'd rather them do that then do what they were doing at the start of the year; showing up at the start of the game, and then quitting at the end.

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:47 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

I'm seriously not sure I have ever seen the Flyers get that much help from the officiating in over 20 years of watching them. I mean, maybe there have been other times...but if so, they've faded from my memory. There was a game against Tampa earlier this season where the officiating was highly in our favor, but definitely not as heavily as tonight. Tonight was pretty unbelievable.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim

Send a message via AIM to Pwood Send a message via Yahoo to Pwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
I'm seriously not sure I have ever seen the Flyers get that much help from the officiating in over 20 years of watching them. I mean, maybe there have been other times...but if so, they've faded from my memory. There was a game against Tampa earlier this season where the officiating was highly in our favor, but definitely not as heavily as tonight. Tonight was pretty unbelievable.
The camera made it look a little worse than what actually happened, I bet. Most of the time it was two players colliding, someone's skates gave too easily, etc. Not saying the refs didn't help, but there were definitely some good no calls tonight. Carter did get nailed in the face with an elbow that didn't get called and the ref was right frickin' there. So, Kimmo squashed somebody and it was a fair trade. Stuff like that happened all night.

Definitely an exciting game to go to. Had a ton of fun and it was awesome to see the comeback.

Pwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwood View Post
The camera made it look a little worse than what actually happened, I bet. Most of the time it was two players colliding, someone's skates gave too easily, etc. Not saying the refs didn't help, but there were definitely some good no calls tonight. Carter did get nailed in the face with an elbow that didn't get called and the ref was right frickin' there. So, Kimmo squashed somebody and it was a fair trade. Stuff like that happened all night.
99 times out of a 100 that play gets called a penalty...that was absolutely obstruction, and we were on the PP. Still amazed that wasn't called...

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10KeithLeClair25 View Post
I'd rather them do that then do what they were doing at the start of the year; showing up at the start of the game, and then quitting at the end.
Ideally, it would be nice for them to play a solid 60 minutes.

Old
03-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
99 times out of a 100 that play gets called a penalty...that was absolutely obstruction, and we were on the PP. Still amazed that wasn't called...
I honestly believe that it was a makeup no call for the elbow to Carter that happened literally 10 seconds before that. But I do agree. It should have been called. They were extremely stingy with the whistles.

Old
03-16-2010, 11:02 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwood View Post
Well, there were 4 times in the 3rd alone that they could have easily called a penalty on us. While I think some of them were good no calls...the fact is, refs nowadays typically make calls in those situations for less...Kimmo's hold for instance. Couple that with the fact that we had 0 penalties to that point and it stayed that way through the end....along with the fact that we are one of the more penalized teams in the league. I mean, it was astonishing.

And I think I got a pretty good look at most of the things I'm talking about. Also, I usually find that, on the whole, I get a better look at penalties when I'm watching the games on TV rather than live. Live, you might catch a couple up close that aren't seen on tv, but for the most part, you're getting a better look at the calls or non-calls throughout the game when you're watching on tv, with a DVR.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 11:08 PM
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
Well, there were 4 times in the 3rd alone that they could have easily called a penalty on us. While I think some of them were good no calls...the fact is, refs nowadays typically make calls in those situations for less...Kimmo's hold for instance. Couple that with the fact that we had 0 penalties to that point and it stayed that way through the end....along with the fact that we are one of the more penalized teams in the league. I mean, it was astonishing.

And I think I got a pretty good look at most of the things I'm talking about. Also, I usually find that, on the whole, I get a better look at penalties when I'm watching the games on TV rather than live. Live, you might catch a couple up close that aren't seen on tv, but for the most part, you're getting a better look at the calls or non-calls throughout the game when you're watching on tv, with a DVR.
It was crazy that they didn't call anything, I agree. But Nashville only got two penalties (the delay of game was undeniable, Hamhuis definitely dislodged the net intentionally...the holding...meh, kinda weak). And the fact that we didn't get called on anything definitely proves that we got away with a lot. There were times when Hartnell absolutely should have been called, and nothing happened. The refs, for whatever reason, just didn't call much tonight. But there were some solid no calls (for both teams).

Old
03-16-2010, 11:57 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
I wish all refs let guys play this much. It makes for better games. Obviously still call the dangerous plays or blatant calls, but letting the teams play a bit made for a great game.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:08 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
I wish all refs let guys play this much. It makes for better games. Obviously still call the dangerous plays or blatant calls, but letting the teams play a bit made for a great game.
We've been down that path...it ended up ********.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:11 AM
nosnhoj

So who on the boards can play goalie? Probably will need one of you to suit up in the next couple games here

Also, not that it's really a different story from the last few games, but the D hung Leighton out to dry on the 2nd(?) goal. Rinne played great, and we played mediocre.

Also, what does it say about this team that I feel 1000x more comfortable with Leighton in net than Boucher?

nosnhoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:16 AM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I think it should be a 10 minute OT and then a 5 shooter shootout. Or at least make it a 5 shooter shootout. Helps eliminate the randomness
the AHL has the 5 shooter shootout. Probably wouldnt of mattered tonight anyway.
I will take the point and get out of town. You dont expect to get even 1 point down by 2 with under 10 minutes left against a goalie as good as Rinne.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:19 AM
kivaerijo

just came here to see if i was a complete homer thinking that officials were one sided tonight. guess others agree. good to know. was amazing on some of those. apparently trotz asked the official about the no call on the arnott trip, and he said, "i missed it. i looked the other direction for a second, when i looked back, arnoot was on the ice." i guess its nice to know that they at least acknowledge they screwed up. very surprised that we didnt get a make call after that, oh well.

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
We've been down that path...it ended up ********.
Stopping to think about it now, you're definitely right. That was a reactionary thing to say after a pretty good game that happened to be passively officiated.

Old
03-17-2010, 12:37 AM
ShortBus

Nothing official on Leighton's injury, but they're probably gonna call up Duchesne to fill in. Backlund was injured on Saturday.

http://www.poststar.com/app/blogs/?cat=784

ShortBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:40 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Oh dear god, if Bouch gets hurt this could be comedy. Or comedic tragedy, or a regular old cluster-****, or I don't even know.

Old
03-17-2010, 01:03 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

I just read this whole thread and I find it so funny with how many people are saying how great Rinne is, while up until the last few games, the majority of the fans on the Preds boards are moaning and *****ing about us signing him and not Ellis.

Speaking of which, Ellis is a UFA at the end of the season... we don't want to lose him but it looks like you guys might need him.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 02:35 AM
kivaerijo

what was the deal with the teams switching jersey colors tonight?

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote