HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#70 - 03.16.2010 | Montréal Canadiens @ New York Rangers | 7:30 PM - VS. (HD)

Old
03-17-2010, 06:38 AM
AJRanger

vCash: 500
It's amazing how this team can never put together two consistent efforts in a row. I can't even remember when our shot total last passed 20.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Chris Drury, who generally seeks to put a positive spin on things, could not after last night's paltry performance. When asked why the Rangers would have followed two strong efforts with such a weak one in such an important game, the captain did not mince words.

"Immaturity," he said. "We'd better grow up fast or we're going to be watching [the playoffs]."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz0iQkSWkGY
glad to see drury speak the truth finally, he sounds pissed off about the effort and as captain he should be!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 07:58 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
****** effort by Del Zotto to keep that in.
-22 and counting...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 09:03 AM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Avery vs Gomez

So, does anyone have a link to video of what Avery got penalized for? I'm curious to see whether or not the 2+5+game is justified.

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 09:05 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

Versus didn't show it at all, no replay, zip, nada, nothing...

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 09:22 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
glad to see drury speak the truth finally, he sounds pissed off about the effort and as captain he should be!
Good, I wish he would rip this team on a nightly basis. They suck.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Kind of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RothmanHockey View Post
He did it again. I mean you can't make this up.

Q: What needs to change?
A: I'm not going to get involved in a lot of conversation about that with you guys here.

Honestly, my head is going to explode. I really have never disliked a coach more than him.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 09:45 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post

A: I'm not going to get involved in a lot of conversation about that with you guys here.

Honestly, my head is going to explode. I really have never disliked a coach more than him.
Agreed. Well, I've seriously disliked coaches, but never one of MY coaches...not like this at least.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 09:51 AM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
-Drury not being able to win an important face-off all game didn't help matters. Why he was out there for the important offensive draw at the end of the game when we had Henrik pulled is beyond me. Sometimes you gotta have a sense that someone just doesn't have it on that given night. Drury was losing important face-offs cleanly all night. The first Montreal goal was a direct result of that. The linesman should have just handed the puck to Markov.

-We should have lost this game 5-1. Henrik once again makes the game look much closer than it really was. We just didn't compete. No sense of urgency. You would think we were comfortably locked into a playoff position with the way this team played last night.

-There was a power play in either the 2nd or 3rd period, can't quite remember. Where MDZ looked like he was on acid for a good 45 seconds. He turned the puck over three straight times on absolutely awful passes.

-I don't like Olie at all. I can see why he wore out his welcome with other teams. I wouldn't even consider re-signing him. Even if he takes a paycut.

-Was Gabby's cherry picking always this bad? Or am I just noticing it more now that he isn't producing? I don't remember him being this much of a hanger early in the season. It is obvious he is nursing an injury but him gliding along the other teams blueline every shift isn't helping us.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 10:00 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRanger View Post
It's amazing how this team can never put together two consistent efforts in a row. I can't even remember when our shot total last passed 20.
Effort? If effort was what determines W or L, it would be easy. They have enough of it. They were out-coached. The game just showed what trap can do to run-n-gun. It showed why Devils were successful with their boring hockey. Gomez was finally feeling home again. So was Gionta. You thought Renney was boring, now you get "safe is death", eat it.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:06 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

I'm as against tanking as it gets, but this team is getting really hard to root for. Last night was agonizing to watch. It's one thing if a team gives a great effort and loses, but it's entirely another to play like they played last night.

The sooner this season is over the better.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:10 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post

Yeah, that was my question. He also blew me off in the pregame interview, when I asked him whether its easier to show tape of a 6-2 win, or a 6-0 loss, since they had posted games like that against the Habs. Told me he doesn't show tape.

Hey, no skin off my back, his bad answers only make him look bad. Like his answer to Andrew about not knowing the rule regarding whether Avery could get suspended for the GM with under a minute left. That makes him look really bad.

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:30 AM
howztheglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I'm as against tanking as it gets, but this team is getting really hard to root for. Last night was agonizing to watch. It's one thing if a team gives a great effort and loses, but it's entirely another to play like they played last night.

The sooner this season is over the better.
15 games to go--most likely less than that before we don't have to worry about the effort of this team.Crazy as it sounds I will be in front of the T.V. yelling come-on boys until the final horn blows.

howztheglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:37 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

This team is done, tanking should be the only option, but it won't happen.

Bench all the bums and bring up the kids.

Making OT loses as loses and SO Loses as ties, this team is
31-36-3 = 65
making SO wins as ties,
29-36-5 = 63

Great team.

Old
03-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Kind of Blue

Quote:
Yeah, that was my question. He also blew me off in the pregame interview, when I asked him whether its easier to show tape of a 6-2 win, or a 6-0 loss, since they had posted games like that against the Habs. Told me he doesn't show tape.

Hey, no skin off my back, his bad answers only make him look bad.
Well, consistently throughout the season, when asked the question "What needs to be done?" (or something along those lines) he's either said, (1) "I don't know"; or (2) "I'm not going to discuss that."

It's pretty transparent, he really doesn't know.

Quote:
Like his answer to Andrew about not knowing the rule regarding whether Avery could get suspended for the GM with under a minute left. That makes him look really bad.
Yeah, that was just him being a ahole, but I have less or a problem with that and more of a problem with the fact that he doesn't know how to make the most of what he's got, as his predecessor did.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:46 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Good to see Drury speak honestly instead of sugarcoating things and using cliches like he usually does.

He's right that this team is immature, and it's not just because of the rookies. Our veteran top line was a major disappointment last night, and we aren't getting consistent scoring from them at a crucial time in the season.

And I couldn't believe how many of our players were unwilling to chase after loose pucks last night. Jokinen saw a loose puck at the blueline, opted not to chase after it, and then headed to the bench. Despicable, how can you play with so little effort at this point in the season? It's tough to watch.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

These guys show night in and night out that they're not a play-off team...

They don't win loose pucks, they don't take the body, they don't create chances, they can't pass, they make countless coverage mistakes, they're shots are from bad angles and from too far out...

The list goes on and on.

I actually was laughing out loud last night watching how bad they are.

Riche16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Quote:

Hey, no skin off my back, his bad answers only make him look bad. Like his answer to Andrew about not knowing the rule regarding whether Avery could get suspended for the GM with under a minute left. That makes him look really bad.
I think he was just being an ******* to Andrew about the game rules question, not so much that he didn't know.

But yeah, I think sooner or later you need to answer questions such as the one you asked... I can understand blowing it off a few times but eventually we(the fans) deserve some answers.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:00 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
These guys show night in and night out that they're not a play-off team...

They don't win loose pucks, they don't take the body, they don't create chances, they can't pass, they make countless coverage mistakes, they're shots are from bad angles and from too far out...

The list goes on and on.

I actually was laughing out loud last night watching how bad they are.
Coaching and lack of motivation (which partially comes from coaching). All of that, except maybe passing.

Old
03-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Salz

How obnoxious were the Habs fans last night? They were chanting 'Olle' all night and after they won started a "nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, good bye" chant. You're supposed to shoe etiquette at a road arena and they didn't. When I watch my teams play on the road, I root for them politely but I'm not a loud dick about it. They are real jerks.

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:16 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salz View Post
How obnoxious were the Habs fans last night? They were chanting 'Olle' all night and after they won started a "nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, good bye" chant. You're supposed to shoe etiquette at a road arena and they didn't. When I watch my teams play on the road, I root for them politely but I'm not a loud dick about it. They are real jerks.
That's how they always are, that's why I hate that team so much.

Old
03-17-2010, 12:19 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Eh, if you've got the gusto to be obnoxious at a road game, I say go for it. As long as you're willing to deal with the potential consequences, it's a big "whatever" for me. I'd be more pissed by my team sucking than opposing fans boisterously enjoying their victory.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Salz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Eh, if you've got the gusto to be obnoxious at a road game, I say go for it. As long as you're willing to deal with the potential consequences, it's a big "whatever" for me. I'd be more pissed by my team sucking than opposing fans boisterously enjoying their victory.
The Rangers playing terribly is the reason I didn't say anything to them, but I still thought they were a lot more obnoxious than the ordinary road fan. They were arrogant and attention seeking. I have a very strong dislike for the Habs now.

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2;24552932[B
]Eh, if you've got the gusto to be obnoxious at a road game, I say go for it.[/B] As long as you're willing to deal with the potential consequences, it's a big "whatever" for me. I'd be more pissed by my team sucking than opposing fans boisterously enjoying their victory.
Or the money to get completely trashed at the game and turn into a jerk

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Islanderfan72

Quote:
Is this a Ranger fan complaining about how obnoxious Habs fans were and how they should show etiquette?!?!?!?!?!? Go to the NVMC for a ranger-islander game.

Islanderfan72 is offline   Reply With Quote