HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The "We Must Stay Ahead Of Detroit" edition: Predators vs. Flyers || March 16, 2010

Old
03-17-2010, 08:56 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
Okay I asked this earlier but I'm really curious... does anyone know why we we wore the away jerseys??
A couple people told me they think it's because we did so well on the road and that Trotz wanted to keep them on for "luck." Said he's done it before. That's a good enough answer to me.

Love how I'm having a conversation with myself!

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 09:04 AM
cjerina

Quote:
Okay I asked this earlier but I'm really curious... does anyone know why we we wore the away jerseys??
Is it possible they did that to wear white helmets to go with the St Pats jerseys for warmups rather than the blue helmets?

cjerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:13 AM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

Where have the 3rd jerseys been? They haven't worn them once since being back from the Olympic break. I miss them.

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:17 AM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post
Where have the 3rd jerseys been? They haven't worn them once since being back from the Olympic break. I miss them.
They only wear them on Saturday home games and we've not had one yet. They'll be in them this coming Saturday.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:19 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
I think the visiting team has the option of which jersey they want to wear. If Philly wanted to wear their dark jerseys, we then get to wear the white.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Fogman

They wore the 3rds the sunday game vs the Cannucks

Fogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:34 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I think the visiting team has the option of which jersey they want to wear. If Philly wanted to wear their dark jerseys, we then get to wear the white.
Incorrect. Home has the option.

I think the theory that we're trying to keep our streak going is probably the best one.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:40 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Incorrect. Home has the option.

I think the theory that we're trying to keep our streak going is probably the best one.
You sure? League has mandated that home teams wear the darker jerseys and visiting teams wear their white/light jerseys. I don't think the home team can choose, only the visiting team.

Old
03-17-2010, 11:54 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
You sure? League has mandated that home teams wear the darker jerseys and visiting teams wear their white/light jerseys. I don't think the home team can choose, only the visiting team.
positive. The "mandate" is really a "suggestion," and the home team has final say.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:06 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
positive. The "mandate" is really a "suggestion," and the home team has final say.
I tried looking it up and the league made the switch a few years ago. Haven't found anything definitive but it sure looks like it is mandatory. The other thing I found about it is most of the third jerseys are dark to fall in line with the home team having to wear darker uniforms. The big reason they did the switch was for marketing so they could sell more jerseys. I looked on NHL.com and couldn't find anything on it but may give another look.

Old
03-17-2010, 02:02 PM
AEM6729

I figured it had something to do with the green jerseys they wore in warmups, like CJ said. You'd think if they did it b/c Trotz is superstitious and didn't wanna change anything, he wouldn't have wanted them wearing crazy St. Patrick's Day jerseys during warmups either.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I think neck is right.

It could have also been something as simple as Philly asking if they could wear darks and Nashville saying OK. Maybe Philly wanted their ex-Preds to feel like they were at "home"

I like the coming off the road trip theory the best. Trotz mentioned in the paper about how tough this game was going to be because of the road trip

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
I think neck is right.

It could have also been something as simple as Philly asking if they could wear darks and Nashville saying OK. Maybe Philly wanted their ex-Preds to feel like they were at "home"

I like the coming off the road trip theory the best. Trotz mentioned in the paper about how tough this game was going to be because of the road trip
The home team is required to wear their dark jersey and the road team their light-colored uniform. However, with enough advance notice (I believe it is six weeks notice), the home team request through the league office that they will be wearing a different color (light or third jerseys).

The advance notice is needed due to the fact that it requires the visiting team to take an extra set of jerseys, socks, helmets, etc to meet the jersey requirement for that night. The league only allows a team to do it occasionally and I don't know the specific reason for last night, but know that it wasn't something decided in the past few days...it requires a lot of advance notice...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 08:47 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogman View Post
They wore the 3rds the sunday game vs the Cannucks
No they didn't. I remember hoping they would because they hadn't in so long but they wore the regular home jerseys because it wasn't a Saturday.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Fogman

You're right, they didn't wear them vs Vancouver. Don't know why I thought they did.

Fogman is offline   Reply With Quote