HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Tonight's Game Stunk But We Need To Think About Puppies and Stay Positive Post

Old
03-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
The team just isn't built to win. It's that simple. We can kick puppies or think "joy joy" thoughts all day. But the fact remains, the team just does not have the personnel to compete nightly.
We all know this but Sather doesn't seem to. Picking up Olli and not trading off Prospal says they think they can win now.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Avery was by far our best foward last night. Not sure what your watching man.
This.

Did anyone read Hal Gil's postgame remarks on Avery? Obviously Avery pissed him off, and Markov is a loose cannon I'm sure Sean tried to get at him last night too.

Every team has a few loose cannons -- some more than others -- but there are very few teams where I'd confidently say Avery isn't effective with his antics.

Now that Kovalchuk ( a huge loose cannon by the way ) is on the Devils, Rangers Devils games should be that much more interesting. Clarkson, Kovalchuck, et. al.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:12 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
No, not the same. Avery punches above his weight against some opponents, less against others.

Obviously, you also realize that Avery figures in every discussion about the Rangers, or you would not have replied.
Averey has lots to do with every discussion about how the dysfunctional Rangers are doing, and you know that as well as I do.
Maybe the fact that a 3rd liner is that influential is a huge part of the problem.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:16 AM
KRM

Puppies?

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:27 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Yes it was pretty bad overall but it's not worth getting sooo angry about for the following points;

-They weren't going to win EVERY game the rest of the season

-There are a dozen game to go so a winning streak can happen

-Yeah it was a bad break for Anisimov but he's a rookie and this is his first time through this grind; this is his NHL internship; he'll get stronger next year

-Bergeron from Boston and Leighton from Philly both were hurt so that could help; gotta take the breaks that are given

-We've been through darker times (98-04 and the Espo Years) before and survived

-Higher draft pick if they don't make it
really?

the team is garbage, dude...pure garbage

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:59 AM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
really?

the team is garbage, dude...pure garbage
Whats your point here?

Are you contesting they were going to win every game left? Or just taking another opportune time to just be a negative nancy?

On topic: I stopped getting upset a while ago. I'm not a tank supporter. I want us to make the playoffs no matter what, but I think now I've prett ymuch resigned myself to the fact this team is very Jekyll and Hyde. We were due for a loss. Unfortunately, it would have been better to lose tonight against STL and beat MTL. If we can win tomorrow and sunday "we're still in it". I'm not getting my hopes up but im not going to spew negative garbage everywhere.

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Midnight85

Send a message via AIM to Midnight85 Send a message via MSN to Midnight85
Yeah I can't say I understand why people would come into a positive thread to continue the negativity.

There's plenty of places to tell the world how much the Rangers suck.

Lets try to look at the ever declining bright side.

Midnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 01:05 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Given past seasons you need low 90 points to make the playoffs, with 70 games played at 71 points, the Rangers probably need to win 11 of their last 12 games to make the playoffs. Granted, we are only 3 points back with a game in hand... we'd need Boston to really fall apart in the end to make the playoffs. Ugh, 9th place draft pick is looking more and more likely.

Really got to root for Columbus, Anaheim, and those other Western Conf teams as every except Edmonton has a chance at finishing with more points than us which if finishing 9th in the East could land us a pick as high as #8

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 01:38 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick00 View Post
We all just want this team to have an identity.

Be tough, be quick, be competitive.
Be a cohesive and dedicated team, instead of a group of mentally unprepared individuals who can't seem to maintain focus and direction.
Be a serious winner, and if you can't then be a serious loser and lets start looking towards the draft and how we're going to fix this team in July.

Just be something.
itll take a helluva lot more than one july to clean up the mess slats has made, stap in for a long haul. Best news i could receive this off season is the headline that sather steps down, oh would that make my summer!

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 01:52 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Given past seasons you need low 90 points to make the playoffs, with 70 games played at 71 points, the Rangers probably need to win 11 of their last 12 games to make the playoffs. Granted, we are only 3 points back with a game in hand... we'd need Boston to really fall apart in the end to make the playoffs. Ugh, 9th place draft pick is looking more and more likely.

Really got to root for Columbus, Anaheim, and those other Western Conf teams as every except Edmonton has a chance at finishing with more points than us which if finishing 9th in the East could land us a pick as high as #8
Actually, Boston has a game in hand against us, so we're really hanging by a thread right now. Also, so do the Trashers and Lightning who are 2 and 3 points away from us, respectively. Islanders are four points away

And whoever gets the 8th seed has the awesome pleasure of playing the Caps who have scored 100 more goals than just about every other team in the NHL. And the 7th seed has to play the stanley cup winners. But we have no shot at that spot anyway

It's not looking pretty. You can be positive all you want but reality is unfortunately starting to set in

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 02:04 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Actually, Boston has a game in hand against us, so we're really hanging by a thread right now. Also, so do the Trashers and Lightning who are 2 and 3 points away from us, respectively. Islanders are four points away

And whoever gets the 8th seed has the awesome pleasure of playing the Caps who have scored 100 more goals than just about every other team in the NHL. And the 7th seed has to play the stanley cup winners. But we have no shot at that spot anyway

It's not looking pretty. You can be positive all you want but reality is unfortunately starting to set in
I'm not sure what part of "the Rangers probably need to win 11 of their last 12 games to make the playoffs." is being positive. I don't think we will pull it out so getting a better draft position seems better for the franchise right now. Getting the 5th overall pick and having a chance at the draft lotto... Winning is pretty bleak right now and as you pointed out, a dance with Washington (although we did quite well last year) isn't gonna be too exciting. And lets not forget, 5th overall also = 35th overall, 65, 95, etc

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 02:15 PM
PanMan

Last night's game was the most frustrating thing I've seen since the Caps series last year. We couldn't get anything going, and our pp was a huge momentum sapper. Everyone played pretty awful. Avery was our best skater and he had a 'good' game, nothing spectacular. Montreal was just all over us, didn't give us any room, and forced us into bad plays and turnovers. I'll give montreal credit, but there's no way they should look that good against us. We were awful except for Lundqvist standing on his head again.

With that said, I think we still have a shot. Like someone mentioned, Bergeron and Leighton got hurt (both seem minor) but it's something. If we beat STL and BOS, we're in good shape again. And Dubinsky and Callahan have to continue to play together. They are much better because they know the other guy is going to bring it and play with energy. I'd put them with Jokinen since he can't play with Gaborik. He's a shooter and Dubi and Cally can work in the corners to get him the pucks. Hmmm, maybe we should even try Gabby on that line. Worth a shot at this point.

PanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 03:28 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I'm not sure what part of "the Rangers probably need to win 11 of their last 12 games to make the playoffs." is being positive. I don't think we will pull it out so getting a better draft position seems better for the franchise right now. Getting the 5th overall pick and having a chance at the draft lotto... Winning is pretty bleak right now and as you pointed out, a dance with Washington (although we did quite well last year) isn't gonna be too exciting. And lets not forget, 5th overall also = 35th overall, 65, 95, etc
I wasn't really referring to you. Just in general

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 06:52 PM
HAPPY HOUR

puppies rule.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote