HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#69 (back to basics edition): sharks @ dallas 17:30 (that's basic-ally 5:30, get it?)

Old
03-17-2010, 10:44 AM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbbyfan20 View Post
This team is so embarrassing to watch right now. They suck major ass in every aspect of the game. They have twelve games to fix this crap. I don't even know if they can fix it.

And Pollak said I think that Thornton and Marleau wasn't there to interview. Just like the playoffs.
Clowe said"“We should have three practices tomorrow. Maybe set up a gauntlet out there to get guys to compete.”

And about the 2004 team, they didn't choke away anything. I was dissapointed that they lost yes, but they played their hearts out, they played 110 percent every night. Thats what I care about. This Sharks team or the past few years haven't done that at ALL, their compete level is like 50-70 percent every night. It seems like Thornton doesn't give a S***, Marleau is floating around, Heatley seems like he cares a little bit. Our only top player that seems to care is Boyle. IF we lose early in the playoffs, Trade Thornton or maybe package Heatley and Thornton.
Trading $14.7 million in cap isn't going to be easy.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Steelhead16

vCash: 500
Maybe a few well placed "healthy scratch" nights?

Steelhead16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:46 AM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead16 View Post
Maybe a few well placed "healthy scratch" nights?
The problem with that is I think we're still so tight on cap-space that carrying the 23-man roster needed to do that is hard to do, especially if we want to bring up good players with decent cap-hits (Logan, for example). I don't know the numbers exactly, so it might be possible though.

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:00 PM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
The problem with that is I think we're still so tight on cap-space that carrying the 23-man roster needed to do that is hard to do, especially if we want to bring up good players with decent cap-hits (Logan, for example). I don't know the numbers exactly, so it might be possible though.
just roll with a short bench, even better make him dress and sit on the end the entire night without getting a shift.

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:15 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
just roll with a short bench, even better make him dress and sit on the end the entire night without getting a shift.
Oh, well, yeah, I guess that's an option, but honestly, I'd rather not wear out the few players who might actually show up in the playoffs. Boyle is already logging far too many minutes for my taste.

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:29 PM
one2gamble

Quote:
Oh, well, yeah, I guess that's an option, but honestly, I'd rather not wear out the few players who might actually show up in the playoffs. Boyle is already logging far too many minutes for my taste.
meh, its not going to hurt anyone if the coaches manage minutes correctly. Which if you look at Boyle thats clearly a case of managing them poorly.

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Steelhead16

Quote:
Yeah, maybe dress them and limit the minutes. Watching from the bench may be like tipping a crappy waiter/waitress a dollar.

Too many guys to do it all at once. Start with the biggest guys first and maybe the rest will get the message before it comes around to their turn.

Steelhead16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 02:48 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Trading $14.7 million in cap isn't going to be easy.
Very true, but others suggest that Doug Wilson should be fired for putting together a group of players who don't give it all when they need too.

Yesterday the thought crossed my mind: what if Doug Wilson could be replaced as GM by Steve Yzerman? Wonder how that would work. Gotta think Stevie Y wants to be a GM, but doesn't necessarily want to take over a bottom feeder team. Probably wants the Red Wing job, but Ken Holland will be a long term mainstay. If the Sharks job were open I'd have to think he'd seriously consider it.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 03:23 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Very true, but others suggest that Doug Wilson should be fired for putting together a group of players who don't give it all when they need too.

Yesterday the thought crossed my mind: what if Doug Wilson could be replaced as GM by Steve Yzerman? Wonder how that would work. Gotta think Stevie Y wants to be a GM, but doesn't necessarily want to take over a bottom feeder team. Probably wants the Red Wing job, but Ken Holland will be a long term mainstay. If the Sharks job were open I'd have to think he'd seriously consider it.
What has Yzerman done to illustrate he deserves a crack at a GM job though? A trained monkey could put together a Team Canada roster, and even though Yzerman's team did win gold that didn't stop people from questioning just about everything about the team. Too many Sharks, Luongo vs Brodeur, why player X and not player Y for 85% of the roster, etc. etc. etc.

I think Yzerman will be a good GM in time, but to this point he hasn't had to do anything that actually tests his GM capabilities.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Danish Pastry
this is dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
What has Yzerman done to illustrate he deserves a crack at a GM job though? A trained monkey could put together a Team Canada roster, and even though Yzerman's team did win gold that didn't stop people from questioning just about everything about the team. Too many Sharks, Luongo vs Brodeur, why player X and not player Y for 85% of the roster, etc. etc. etc.

I think Yzerman will be a good GM in time, but to this point he hasn't had to do anything that actually tests his GM capabilities.
this...

Danish Pastry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 04:03 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post

IE: He's never drafted a player or made a single trade. I agree.

Though one thing Steve could bring is some lessons on how to lead a team. Heh.

I really want to trust DW, he's a smart guy and he's made some of the shrewdest deals in the league during his tenure. But he follows them up with completely bonehead deals and in the end assembles teams with the wrong character.

*sigh*

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 08:59 PM
OrrNumber4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Well, it's nice to see that the Sharks have decided the continue the annual tradition of practicing for their playoff meltdown by continuing to suck through the last 20 games of the season.

This team is so fail. Here's to hoping Phoenix passes them up in the WC.
Does one year of precedent make it a tradition?

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote