Hawks for sale? Or another dumb rumor?

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2010, 03:13 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

vCash: 500
Hawks for sale? Or another dumb rumor?

I think this is related to the Thrashers 100% so I wanted to see what people thought.

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-bl...h-be-for-sale/

Quote:
The Atlanta Spirit ownership group has been disputing reports that it is seeking to sell the Thrashers and that the NHL team might be on the move to another city. Now comes a report that the Hawks also might be on the market.
Is there ANY chance at all that the Hawks could be for sale? If so would they be likely to be kept in Atlanta under new ownership? Wouldn't that mean the Thrashers wouldn't be together with the Hawks anymore?

When does the contract expire of Atlanta Spirit?

Old
03-17-2010, 03:19 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

The Thrashers have long been looking for another investor, likely to buy out Belkin so he can leave the group. I suspect this is where the story is coming from. The wording used in the source material, the NY Times piece, is very wishy washy.

I doubt the entire group is looking to sell out completely, the arena piece is definitely a money maker.

Old
03-17-2010, 03:28 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

I don't like that it's a group of owners. Sell it to 1 owner. Not 15 morons running it who don't even care about the teams just about their own money.

Joe Johnson is not going to re-sign because the owners are cheap. When he walks, it will be a proven fact.

Old
03-17-2010, 07:07 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
I don't like that it's a group of owners. Sell it to 1 owner. Not 15 morons running it who don't even care about the teams just about their own money.

Joe Johnson is not going to re-sign because the owners are cheap. When he walks, it will be a proven fact.
The owners just overpaid to keep Josh Smith happy, then overpaid to keep Mike Bibby and Zaza in the fold. They gave Marvin freaking Williams a huge contract. Joe Johnson's original contract was crazy. Atlanta Spirit is in no way, shape, or form cheap about the Hawks, if anything they're too eager to spend!

Old
03-17-2010, 08:34 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Cheap? They offered Joe Johnson one of the jokest contracts ever. Bibby is old and Zaza is a bench boy. They shouldn't get a lot.

Josh Smith really wasn't an overpay. It's not an overpay if your paying star players.

Closed Thread