HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#71 - 03.18.2010 | St. Louis Blues @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2010, 06:43 AM
  #26
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,067
vCash: 500
I don't like these new line combinations. Jokinen on the 3rd line?!?!?! The guy's been close to a point per game player since he got here. The line carousel continues. 3-0 loss.

I Eat Crow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 07:38 AM
  #27
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 22,317
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
I don't like these new line combinations. Jokinen on the 3rd line?!?!?! The guy's been close to a point per game player since he got here. The line carousel continues. 3-0 loss.
He's looked horrible out there recently.Not that anyone else is that much better but he's been noticibly invisible....if that makes any sense.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 08:05 AM
  #28
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,109
vCash: 500
Jokinen dosen't deserve to be on the 1st line right now... Joker and Vinny especially, looked drunk against Montreal. They dished out blind and crappy "passes" all night long.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 08:13 AM
  #29
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,861
vCash: 500
Eh, don't care about line combos at this point in the season. The whole team just sucks. Doesn't matter who plays with who.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 08:51 AM
  #30
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,497
vCash: 500
A losing we will go, a losing we will go, hi ho the dario a losing we will

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:04 AM
  #31
HAPPY HOUR
Registered User
 
HAPPY HOUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,253
vCash: 500
Everybody at work is talking about tonites game.

Looking forward to some interesting hockey.

Bruins/Pens should be great.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:13 AM
  #32
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,497
vCash: 500
We miss miss miss miss miss miss miss on their net the whole day through
To miss miss miss miss miss miss miss is what we like to do
It ain't no trick to get Hank sick
If you miss miss miss with a head or a stick
At the net! At the net! At the net! At the net!
Where we like to play like swine!

We miss miss miss miss miss miss miss from early morn till night
We miss miss miss miss miss miss miss everything in our sight
We miss the net an' never score
A thousand times, sometimes more
But we don't know what we miss 'em for
We miss miss missidy miss

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
Heigh-ho

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
It's home from losing we go
[Whistle]

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
It's home from losing we go
[Whistle]

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
[Whistle]

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
Heigh-ho hum

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
It's home from losing we go
[Whistle]

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
It's home from losing we go
[Whistle]

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
It's home from losing we go
[Whistle]

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:20 AM
  #33
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 22,317
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
We miss miss miss miss miss miss miss on their net the whole day through
To miss miss miss miss miss miss miss is what we like to do
It ain't no trick to get Hank sick
If you miss miss miss with a head or a stick
At the net! At the net! At the net! At the net!
Where we like to play like swine!

We miss miss miss miss miss miss miss from early morn till night
We miss miss miss miss miss miss miss everything in our sight
We miss the net an' never score
A thousand times, sometimes more
But we don't know what we miss 'em for
We miss miss missidy miss

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
Heigh-ho

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
It's home from losing we go
[Whistle]

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
It's home from losing we go
[Whistle]

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
[Whistle]

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
Heigh-ho hum

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
It's home from losing we go
[Whistle]

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
It's home from losing we go
[Whistle]

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
It's home from losing we go
[Whistle]

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
Someone has too much time on their hands.

Oh did we forget to mention St.Louis is the 3rd best road team in the league? and they aren't even in the playoff picture

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
  #34
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,497
vCash: 500
How about this one?


When you wish to score a goal
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Won't come to you

If your heart wants a Rangers Cup
That request is too extreme
When you wish to score a goal
As winners do

Fate is not kind
She hates those who wear the blue
The bitter fulfillment of
Their GM's wronging

Against a team who drafted Hugh
Skate right in and seas part for you
When you wish to score a goal
Your dreams come true

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:50 AM
  #35
Jackson Ranger
Registered User
 
Jackson Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 2,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Jokinen dosen't deserve to be on the 1st line right now... Joker and Vinny especially, looked drunk against Montreal. They dished out blind and crappy "passes" all night long.
I said the same exact thing that night. Hopefully he didn't hit the St. Patrick's Day parade yesteday and he's sobered up.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:58 AM
  #36
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,864
vCash: 500
To get to 89 points the Rangers have to win 9 of the last 12 games.

If they lose tonight, theyll need to go 9-2 the rest of the way - thats asking way too much from a team that has barely been able to average a point a game this season.

If they win theyll need to go 8-3 to land 89. Its not about the other teams, the Rangers have to go on a massive run and it still might not be enough. What they need is to start a winning streak now. At least 3 games, and then they would still have to go 5-3.

A loss tonight and its the final nail in the coffin. This team is incapable of going 9-2.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 10:12 AM
  #37
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,660
vCash: 500
I wouldn't call this game a "must-win." It's a "we definitely need two points" but not a "must-win"...

Sunday against Boston on the other hand...

LETS GO RANGERS

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 10:26 AM
  #38
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
What sucks is the fact that I can't even get excited that there is a game on tonight.

bah

My son's Mite team is playing: much more action, and players who really care!! lol "are we having snacks?"

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 10:41 AM
  #39
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
Rangers' gameday itinerary:

5:00: Arrive at MSG
Pregame: Tortorella: Discuss no game plan of any merit whatsoever; annoy players with bad attitude and stupid ********
7:00: Gametime
1st period: Allow the first goal; play tentatively throughout
2nd period: Some degree of natural competitive spirit surfaces
3rd period: If tied after 2nd period: Play tentatively again; lose in final minutes (score in own net if possible); If trailing after 2nd period: Mix lines a bunch of times, don't score
Post-game: Tortorella: Insult players; berate reporters; make excuses

hahahahahaha I'd say that just about covers it.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 10:49 AM
  #40
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
Rangers' gameday itinerary:

5:00: Arrive at MSG
Pregame: Tortorella: Discuss no game plan of any merit whatsoever; annoy players with bad attitude and stupid ********
7:00: Gametime
1st period: Allow the first goal; play tentatively throughout
2nd period: Some degree of natural competitive spirit surfaces
3rd period: If tied after 2nd period: Play tentatively again; lose in final minutes (score in own net if possible); If trailing after 2nd period: Mix lines a bunch of times, don't score
Post-game: Tortorella: Insult players; berate reporters; make excuses
sweet. i just saved myself 3 hours. this is exactly how it will go.

lose tonite and we can finally put an end to all this playoff crap and focus on the draft.

just wish we would have sold off joker and vinny but slats said we were still in it.

both of these guys will either not be on the team next year or will be signed for far too long and for far too much money and then proceed to blowchunks.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 11:13 AM
  #41
Kind of Blue
Registered User
 
Kind of Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
hahahahahaha I'd say that just about covers it.
We're still gonna watch though because we're friggin masochists...

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 11:18 AM
  #42
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,868
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
We're still gonna watch though because we're friggin masochists...
Yep. Masochism and NYR go hand in hand.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 11:25 AM
  #43
AJRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Essex
Country: England
Posts: 2,420
vCash: 500
If the Rangers stink it up then I'll just spend the 60 minutes following Backes, love watching that dude play.

That said, please freakin' win.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 11:37 AM
  #44
Kind of Blue
Registered User
 
Kind of Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yep. Masochism and NYR go hand in hand.
Season ticket packages should come with three coupons for complimentary sessions with your local psychotherapist.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 11:54 AM
  #45
MortUWary
Registered Loser
 
MortUWary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
lose tonite and we can finally put an end to all this playoff crap and focus on the draft.
Wrong. If they lose tonight, they're definitely beating Boston (in regulation) on Sunday, so that the torture continues.

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 12:10 PM
  #46
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
I'm going to make a prediction:

Lundqvist is about to go on an unconscious run and absolutely carry us on his back to the playoffs.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 12:25 PM
  #47
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS
 
KotsyJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,713
vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoFutureNorris View Post
I'm going to make a prediction:

Lundqvist is about to go on an unconscious run and absolutely carry us on his back to the playoffs.
Hope you're right, buddy.

LGR!

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 12:35 PM
  #48
SkerZ
LGR
 
SkerZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
We will b out shot 42 to 16 and lose 1 0 with 2 minutes left in the third. In turn Hank freaks out gives up on the season and demands a trade in the off season...... Honestly though LGR win this a start a streak

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 12:46 PM
  #49
Hemlawk86
Registered User
 
Hemlawk86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Jersey Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 672
vCash: 500
IMO all hope is lost for making the playoffs. I just want to see them win and enjoy the few games left in the season.

Hemlawk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 12:53 PM
  #50
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoFutureNorris View Post
I'm going to make a prediction:

Lundqvist is about to go on an unconscious run and absolutely carry us on his back to the playoffs.
yeah right. the line will look like this.

nyr 1- stl 0

goal: lundqvist from lundqvist

win: lundqvist


as long as it goes like this, were in good shape.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.