HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

St. Johns verses Hamilton - GDT FRIDAY Feb 4th

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2005, 06:19 PM
richardn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
I'm not questioning Moro's leadership neccessarily. I'm not in the dressing room or hanging around the team so I can't really comment on that.

But like I said, our top two goalies are out right now because they got hit in their crease. And this is the second time Tellqvist has been literally knocked out while in his crease.

Moro's done nothing about it. Nothing. Protecting the goalies is supposed to be a big part of his job. But it's been open season on Aubin and Tellqvist all year.

That's not true. Unless you mean consistently average.
Actually Moro beat the crap out of Upshall in the next game.

Old
02-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn
Actually Moro beat the crap out of Upshall in the next game.
That's not true.

Old
02-05-2005, 06:33 PM
richardn

Quote:
That's not true.
Your right my mistake, he never beat the crap out of Upshall he beat the crap out of Henry I think. But he did level Upshall with a nice check.

Old
02-05-2005, 06:40 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
post it as many times as you want, i'm still not going to agree with it.

racine handed the bulldogs a point.
I don't think he handed the Bulldogs any points. I watched the game and he made some pretty clutch saves. The first goal was as a mis comunication with the defence. Which would be normal for some one not used to playing with the team. The second goal was not directly his fault. I am not going to say he played spectacular. I personally think Brett Engelhardt was there best player in the game. He was consatntly creating scoring chances and working his ass off. Any ways I was rather impressed with Racine for a fill in and am not concerned about having him in net when the Manitoba Moose come to town. If Racine is our third goaly, we have the best third in the league.

Old
02-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
Moro sucks.

He's a poor man's AHL version of Bryan Marchment, minus the nastyness.

He sucks majorly.
he gets an awful lot of ice time for someone who sucks majorly.

on one hand you are saying i must be wrong because i disagree with rogers, shedden, mccarthy, the guys who write the reports, etc. on the other hand, here you are disagreeing with all of them about a player you obviously know nothing about. once again, hypocritical.

Old
02-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Frankie

Quote:
I'm not questioning Moro's leadership neccessarily. I'm not in the dressing room or hanging around the team so I can't really comment on that.

But like I said, our top two goalies are out right now because they got hit in their crease. And this is the second time Tellqvist has been literally knocked out while in his crease.

Moro's done nothing about it. Nothing. Protecting the goalies is supposed to be a big part of his job. But it's been open season on Aubin and Tellqvist all year.
i think you did question his leadership. open season on the goalies? but of an exaggeration. bit of a stretch to say its moro's fault telly and aubin got run over.

moro punched upshall in the head in the game after upshall accidently hit telly. upshall went down and never got up right away. in the meantime, burke henry came in and instigated a fight with moro, and moro promptly beat the crap out of him. i'm not sure what else moro is supposed to do.

Quote:
That's not true. Unless you mean consistently average.
i mean consistenly good. and it is true.

Old
02-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
i think you did question his leadership. open season on the goalies? but of an exaggeration. bit of a stretch to say its moro's fault telly and aubin got run over.

moro punched upshall in the head in the game after upshall accidently hit telly. upshall went down and never got up right away. in the meantime, burke henry came in and instigated a fight with moro, and moro promptly beat the crap out of him. i'm not sure what else moro is supposed to do.

i mean consistenly good. and it is true.
I don't want to make it sound like I don't like Moro- because I do.

But he is overrated and somehow he always escapes criticism.

You even said the defence is like Swiss cheese some nights. Well if it's Moro who plays a ton of minutes and is always out there in the critical points of the game and the defence is like Swiss cheese.... It's not that hard to figure out.

Maybe I shouldn't have said he's average. He's good. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old
02-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Frankie

Quote:
I don't want to make it sound like I don't like Moro- because I do.

But he is overrated and somehow he always escapes criticism.

You even said the defence is like Swiss cheese some nights. Well if it's Moro who plays a ton of minutes and is always out there in the critical points of the game and the defence is like Swiss cheese.... It's not that hard to figure out.

Maybe I shouldn't have said he's average. He's good. Nothing more, nothing less.
so you're satisfied now that he did do something about upshall?

who is moro overrated by? is anyone saying he's an nhler? i don't think so.

the defence is like swiss cheese sometimes, but moro is the best of them consistently. i don't think he's awesome or anything, but he is very good, strong and physical.

i think he's better then average in the ahl. very reliable. and his experience makes him valuable.

Old
02-06-2005, 01:41 AM
leafaholix*

Quote:
he gets an awful lot of ice time for someone who sucks majorly.

on one hand you are saying i must be wrong because i disagree with rogers, shedden, mccarthy, the guys who write the reports, etc. on the other hand, here you are disagreeing with all of them about a player you obviously know nothing about. once again, hypocritical.
He's a good minor leaguer, but he's nothing more. The guy can't handle the puck for his life, but he's a good leader and player in his end.

As a prospect he sucks majorly.

Old
02-06-2005, 09:16 AM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
He's a good minor leaguer, but he's nothing more. The guy can't handle the puck for his life, but he's a good leader and player in his end.

As a prospect he sucks majorly.
well now that you've adjusted your statement, i can agree. he's not a prospect.

Closed Thread