HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Hey Preds World

Old
03-18-2010, 09:32 AM
WalkmanX

vCash: 500
Hey Preds World

Hey Guys, thought id join up for the forum, iv actually been reading since the beginning of the season. Since the playoffs are around the corner i thought I'd join up. So Since its my first post i thought it would be nice if I'd introduce myself. Probably a long read but bear with me

So here goes

Name: Kristjan
Fav. NHL Team: Predators DoH

So how i got into the American sports and hockey, well first of all, we don't get much American sports here on TV, what we did get was around 2004 i started watching nascar and i still do, then around 2006 i started watching NFL witch i still do aswell .

Then in 2008 one of my friends who had been following NHL for quite a while got me into NHL, well I'm one of those people that when i watch a sport i got to root for someone. So i was on the nhl.com page looking at the team logos and the names and Nashville Predators stood out to me name and logo loved it. it was just around the time of the playoffs and the first full NHL games i actually watched was the '08 Playoff series against Detroit and well from then on i was a Preds fan. Next year i was in the army for a year (mandatory here). So i wasn't able to watch any games but i followed the results and since the start of the season iv seen every game (not the blacked out ones )

How do i watch games, well since most of the games are on in the middle of the night, gotta download the games the next day and watch them then, although the early games i am able to watch on feeds.

Hmm.. so what else favorite players at first when i watched the '08 series were Erat and Ellis. Now well i still like Erat but he has some flaws, Weber and Suter of course and when Rinne is playing good he is very decent. Also impressed with Wilson and Hornqvist aswell.

Oh and don't worry I'm not a bandwagon fan, if i choose a team i stick with them in the highest of highs and lowest of lows

So if anyone has any questions or anything fire at will

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:42 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkmanX View Post
Hey Guys, thought id join up for the forum, iv actually been reading since the beginning of the season. Since the playoffs are around the corner i thought I'd join up. So Since its my first post i thought it would be nice if I'd introduce myself. Probably a long read but bear with me

So here goes

Name: Kristjan
Fav. NHL Team: Predators DoH

So how i got into the American sports and hockey, well first of all, we don't get much American sports here on TV, what we did get was around 2004 i started watching nascar and i still do, then around 2006 i started watching NFL witch i still do aswell .

Then in 2008 one of my friends who had been following NHL for quite a while got me into NHL, well I'm one of those people that when i watch a sport i got to root for someone. So i was on the nhl.com page looking at the team logos and the names and Nashville Predators stood out to me name and logo loved it. it was just around the time of the playoffs and the first full NHL games i actually watched was the '08 Playoff series against Detroit and well from then on i was a Preds fan. Next year i was in the army for a year (mandatory here). So i wasn't able to watch any games but i followed the results and since the start of the season iv seen every game (not the blacked out ones )

How do i watch games, well since most of the games are on in the middle of the night, gotta download the games the next day and watch them then, although the early games i am able to watch on feeds.

Hmm.. so what else favorite players at first when i watched the '08 series were Erat and Ellis. Now well i still like Erat but he has some flaws, Weber and Suter of course and when Rinne is playing good he is very decent. Also impressed with Wilson and Hornqvist aswell.

Oh and don't worry I'm not a bandwagon fan, if i choose a team i stick with them in the highest of highs and lowest of lows

So if anyone has any questions or anything fire at will
Welcome!! You've picked the right team!

We look forward to when you can make it over and catch a game in person...you haven't had the full experience until you've done so!

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:51 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Welcome aboard. We've got plenty of fans on here from around the world but I think you're the first from Estonia.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 10:20 AM
MemphisMTLfan

Woohoo! An Estonian fan! We're big time now! Glad to have you here!

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 10:42 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
thanks for joining! The Predators are a great team to follow! Sometimes we are the best, sometimes we really struggle but we always fight and we are never out of contention.

Welcome to Pred Nation

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 01:10 PM
WalkmanX

Hehe its nice to be here

Quote:
We look forward to when you can make it over and catch a game in person...you haven't had the full experience until you've done so!
No doubt the feeling in a live game is something great and maybe some day I'll actually be able to feel it never say never.

Hmm I'm wondering if you all actually know where Estonia is and if u do that's very nice, lots of people iv talked to outside of Europe don't usually know where we are at

Old
03-18-2010, 01:24 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Hmm I'm wondering if you all actually know where Estonia is and if u do that's very nice, lots of people iv talked to outside of Europe don't usually know where we are at
I do! I do!

I've actually been there on a cruise around the Baltic. We stopped in Tallin. Very nice city. Do you live close to there?

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 01:32 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 162
Quote:
Hehe its nice to be here

No doubt the feeling in a live game is something great and maybe some day I'll actually be able to feel it never say never.

its interesting the things you remember from your youth. i was in high school and travelled to New york city on a school trip. I had an Estonian cab driver. This was in the early 80's so Estonia was still under the USSR at that time but this guy went to great lengths to explain that he wasnt a "Russian". That was my first lesson in the Baltic countries...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 01:47 PM
WalkmanX

Quote:
We stopped in Tallinn*. Very nice city. Do you live close to there?
ya i actually do basically i live in Viimsi witch it just next to Tallinn, i drive through the city(Tallinn) every day, because the school I'm going to is on the opposite side of the city . And as people who have actually been here know, its not a big city ~40 mins to drive from one end to another with no relevant traffic.

Quote:
its interesting the things you remember from your youth. i was in high school and travelled to New york city on a school trip. I had an Estonian cab driver. This was in the early 80's so Estonia was still under the USSR at that time but this guy went to great lengths to explain that he wasnt a "Russian". That was my first lesson in the Baltic countries...
Well because of the history and all we are not very fond of Russians although lots of them still live here, the ones that have actually studied the language and all are ok, but the ones that have lived here all their lives and don't speak one word of Estonian those are the trouble ones.

Old
03-18-2010, 02:04 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Well because of the history and all we are not very fond of Russians although lots of them still live here, the ones that have actually studied the language and all are ok, but the ones that have lived here all their lives and don't speak one word of Estonian those are the trouble ones.
That's the same thing my buddy from Slovakia says. They act like they are superior as the "conquering" country.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 03:20 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

Welcome! Post often!

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 05:01 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Welcome! Im glad u chose the preds man!

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 07:00 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
I know where Estonia is! All my grandparents were from Finland, although my parents were born in the USA.

I used to knock the Russians once in awhile, just for sport. Seeing as how they invaded and grabbed territory from Finland and all... But one of my uncles is from Russia (came over in the early 60's somehow) and he's as good a man as it gets.

Welcome fellow Predators fan! It's cool to know the team is gaining fans around the world. They are a good bunch of people and play good hockey.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
That's the same thing my buddy from Slovakia says. They act like they are superior as the "conquering" country.
I had Friends from Bosnia that said the same thing. Welcome aboard Walkman

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 01:27 AM
sparkle twin
Curse strikes again!

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Hi....welcome Walkman!!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote