HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Season Next Year?

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2005, 11:05 PM
velimiiro

vCash: 500
Season Next Year?

How sure is it there will be a season next year come October 2005...?

Is it basicly only if the 2 sides agree.... or.. can the league over-rule the players association somehow?

Old
02-04-2005, 11:07 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by velimiiro

Is it basicly only if the 2 sides agree.... or.. can the league over-rule the players association somehow?
the league can declare an impasse and bring in replacement players. But it will have to be proven that the NHL did everything in their power to come to an agreement in their negotiations with the NHLPA. Once the NHL threatens replacement players, i have a feeling the regular players are gonna start to cross and come back. Many of the players have said they would play under a cap, so at this point, they just want their jobs back and their amazing pay.

Old
02-04-2005, 11:18 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
The only way there will be hockey next season, is if the NHL and the Players' Union agree on a CBA or if the NHL uses replacement players(although that specific route might need to go to court as to settle some issues concerning laws and all that mumbo jumbo business.)

There is no way otherwise that a season appears next Sept./Oct., 2005. The only way the NHL can wipe out the NHLPA union is by declaring an impass which then Bettman and his side of owners have to bring to court to prove that they tried to get the NHL back up and running again with realistic proposals. This could take a year, 2 years, who knows.

Let's just say in 2 years something will be different than things are now, the players will have either given up or impass has been implemented.

Old
02-04-2005, 11:59 PM
C-Saku Koivu MTL

Or they ould always fold and start back with there own rule that they dicided themself. Now the players would be ***** .

Old
02-05-2005, 07:50 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Im quite sure the nhl will be back by next season. With an already low fan base in the US, i dont think the owners will risk loosing yet another season and possibly decrease their fan base. As for the players, another year of no pay could be lethal to some of them, as they live off of their loafs of cash...........

Old
02-05-2005, 08:06 AM
romain_jaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Im quite sure the nhl will be back by next season. With an already low fan base in the US, i dont think the owners will risk loosing yet another season and possibly decrease their fan base. As for the players, another year of no pay could be lethal to some of them, as they live off of their loafs of cash...........
Not to mention they would have to spend a full season in Europe if they wanted a pay check and a lot of the NA players might not want to do that for a full season

Old
02-05-2005, 08:19 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
There's gonna be a season next year! MARK MY WORDS !!!! I BET 50$ !!!!

Agreed Mooch...

I just can't imagine how can the NHL lose another season.There'll be too much confusions.SAVE NEXT SEASON , for christ sake.If there'll be no hockey next year , I expect the NHL reputation to GO WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAY DOWN ! I mean the fan base will go way down and as like Mooch said it's already very low in US ! :mad:

Last edited by CH Wizard: 02-05-2005 at 08:29 AM.
Old
02-05-2005, 09:36 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by velimiiro

v., it's probably headed for the courts. Both sides have prepared for it to be settled this way and it's been the owner's agenda all along. If they feel they can impose their own system, they'll try and do it. If enough players panic over the next week, you could see something but I tend to doubt it. Chances are, teams will open camps in the fall, the NHLPA will seek an injunction, then we'll be treated to a few more months of the same.

Old
02-05-2005, 10:27 AM
Jakomyte

I still think this season will be saved. There is way too much to lose and far too much legal complication if they don't pull it together. Hockey will start on March 1st!

Old
02-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
You have to understand that both parties are standing firm on their positions and I do not see either side giving in because "there would be too much to loose." The owners aren't gonna put their salary Cap offer in jeperdy just to get hockey up and running as fast as they can, and the players want an offer that protects them and enables them to have many rights and such like the last CBA. Hence, no NHL for another year or maybe a little less says Brisson

Old
02-06-2005, 01:25 PM
UKHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte
I still think this season will be saved. There is way too much to lose and far too much legal complication if they don't pull it together. Hockey will start on March 1st!

I am glad that somoene is staying optimistic but as far as i am concerned the season is over and i think honestly that most people out there would agree with me.

Closed Thread