HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Ottawa @ Atlanta - 7:00 PM EST - SNET

Old
03-19-2010, 11:08 AM
enviro61

vCash: 500
I don't know. My brother and I opted 2 weeks ago not to buy playoff tickets when they were offering their best deal for season ticket holders. We had no confidence then (before losing streak) that this team would do much in the playoffs and I've less now.

I still think they can get there but if they go in limping, it will be brief, very brief.

enviro61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Blehst*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
We're not finishing 8th and not facing Washington. Likely New Jersey or Pittsburgh with an outside chance of Buffalo and none of those teams scare me. Plus you have to think this WILL turn around. Sorry if I haven't given up on the team as they're battling for a playoff spot. The team needs support right now and every game I think that is the game it will get better....foolish, well yeah maybe but I don't care.
support from people posting on a message board? sure I support my team but I know that we wont make it far in the playoffs,

we face buffalo and we know miller will be clutch.

new jersey brodeur will outplay any of our goalies..parise, kovalchuk?

pittsburgh, fleury can outplay our goalies. not to mention crosby,malkin, kennedy (sens killer)

who can you say is a star on our team? karlsson is the only one that pops up. think he's going to dominate the playoffs? highly unlikely.

I'm not giving up on my team just not expecting much.

Blehst* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 11:38 AM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviro61 View Post
I don't know. My brother and I opted 2 weeks ago not to buy playoff tickets when they were offering their best deal for season ticket holders. We had no confidence then (before losing streak) that this team would do much in the playoffs and I've less now.

I still think they can get there but if they go in limping, it will be brief, very brief.
So you'll only buy tickets if the team is on fire? Even with a sth discount?

nice.

PoutineSp00nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 11:41 AM
enviro61

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutineplato View Post
So you'll only buy tickets if the team is on fire? Even with a sth discount?

nice.
no, the offer was made when the team was on fire...thought I made that clear.

We spend 8k a year on tickets and my brother rents a box for another $7,500... you?

enviro61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 11:42 AM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybajesus View Post
support from people posting on a message board? sure I support my team but I know that we wont make it far in the playoffs,

we face buffalo and we know miller will be clutch. Miller can be broken down and their offense dries up faster than an 18th century well

new jersey brodeur will outplay any of our goalies..parise, kovalchuk? Kovy has not fit in their system, Brodeur has been overworked yet again and we've beaten him before, Parise is the only guy that scares me.

pittsburgh, fleury can outplay our goalies. not to mention crosby,malkin, kennedy (sens killer) Pens are not the powerhouse they were the last two years. Fleury has been brutal and Malkin has struggled for much of the year. The Sens can definitely take them

who can you say is a star on our team? karlsson is the only one that pops up. think he's going to dominate the playoffs? highly unlikely. I'm not counting Alfie out, I think he steps up when he is needed most, same for Spezza, same for Volchenkov. This team just needs to start gelling again and get some confidence and they can hang with anyone in the East.

I'm not giving up on my team just not expecting much.

For every negative post, there is a positive spin to be put on things.

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 11:48 AM
SenatorsHockey
Sweet hockey body

Everyone should forget about all the "doom and gloom" for now and go outside. It's absolutely gorgeous right now. Bottom line, team sucks and has to improve. There, stop arguing and go enjoy the sunshine!!

SenatorsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Karlssonlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
I liked Muckler as a GM and my one favourite thing about him was mentioned in the previous post. He oozed confidence and swagger and it trickled down throughout the organisation. I remember other fans not liking Muckler because he acted cocky, but it was confidence and it was what a team like us needed.

He did have his faults though just like any other GM.
Agreed.

He also saw the changes in the NHL and accustomed the changes to fit the mold of perception of the new NHL. He had the proper mind set, which was to build a mobile defense and a fast team.

Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 11:58 AM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 10639
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicaFan View Post
Everyone should forget about all the "doom and gloom" for now and go outside. It's absolutely gorgeous right now. Bottom line, team sucks and has to improve. There, stop arguing and go enjoy the sunshine!!
+ one

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote