HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Henrik: "Personally I stunk."

Old
03-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

vCash: 500
It's the same idiots who boo Gomez probably. Gomez came in here and played exactly how he has played for his entire career. He was very solid for us. It's not his fault he was payed a lot more than what he was worth. These morons in the stands don't seem to realize that.

On the topic of booing Hank: I mean what else could you expect from certain members of the Garden faithful. I love my fellow Ranger fans but sometimes they are out of line.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Fletch

Mio...

I look at each game individually. Sure Henke has stole some games for the Rangers, but when you give up 4 goals in a game, you're going to lose more often than not, and that's on many decent teams also. The Rangers are 1-10 with four points when he gives up four or more goals; the Devils are 1-11 with three points when Brodeur gives up three points. He had a stinker of a game and he deserved the loss for that, in my opinion. Three goals for should've been enough. On to the next one.

I don't disagree that Lundqvist is a primary reason why this team even has a shot, but past good games in which he stole or played well enough to win if only there was some offense doesn't make up for a stinker at home down the stretch.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 09:46 AM
AXN

They just find ways to blow games. Game tied 3-3 then you find a way to win or tie and get a point in a shootout if you have to. Game tied 1-1, you have to find a way to get points. They just blow games. Lundqvist was not good but the game was still tied 3-3. How can you leave Kariya open? Especially on a goalie who is strugling.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 09:48 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I look at each game individually. Sure Henke has stole some games for the Rangers, but when you give up 4 goals in a game, you're going to lose more often than not, and that's on many decent teams also. The Rangers are 1-10 with four points when he gives up four or more goals; the Devils are 1-11 with three points when Brodeur gives up three points. He had a stinker of a game and he deserved the loss for that, in my opinion. Three goals for should've been enough. On to the next one.

I don't disagree that Lundqvist is a primary reason why this team even has a shot, but past good games in which he stole or played well enough to win if only there was some offense doesn't make up for a stinker at home down the stretch.
I agree with what your saying, he was pretty awful last night, it's hard having that much pressure on you every night, because this team just can't score consistently...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 10:04 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
I agree with what your saying, he was pretty awful last night, it's hard having that much pressure on you every night, because this team just can't score consistently...
It's more the defense playing like their their heads are on fire. MDZ, for example, is a -23 and the second worst +/- rating of our defensemen is a -5. Imo he has cost us a few games all on his own, but that's the risk you take when you expect too much from a player not capable of playing up to expectations yet. His defense is basically equivalent to Ales Kotalik right now, but Tortorella seems to have him on a long leash because he shows potential.

I can't blame the offense this season, for the most part at least. Although last night two of the goals we scored should never have went in.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Jeff Babchuk

Yup, he had a bad game, but you know what?
He's a real good goalie, in the long run.
And that's not easy to say, since I'm an (exile-)Finn.

Jeff Babchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 10:10 AM
OverTheCap

Lundqvist always takes responsibility for poor play. Hell, he even takes responsibility for a loss when he gives up one goal.

Lundqvist must be physically and mentally exhausted at this point. Having a good goaltender like him is almost a curse for this team, because they have a tendency to rely on him too much. Some of the players on this team, who make the same mistakes over and over again, don't deserve to be bailed out by Lundqvist.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 10:15 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Had no reaction to Redden scoring last night except ``get this bum off the team ASAP``. He makes $8 million this season and scored his 1st goal since Columbus Day.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Fletch

I don't anyone is saying Lundqvist is a bad goalie, Craah. Further, I don't think there's a need to defend him. He had a bad game. He's had a few bad games but has played well enough in enough games to keep this team in the playoff hunt. He did pick a bad time to have a stinker and if this team doesn't make the playoffs, assuming he returns to form, it's not because of the play of Lundqvist. So there's no need to defend Lundqvist - he had a bad season in a season in which he's played quite well. End of story.

ThirdEye - not much you can do when you have a 20 year old on defense. That's going to happen and you hope that the team overall is good enough on defense, and offense, in order to bring along a 20 year old without it having an overall negative impact on the team. That's how the better teams continue to be good - they have a good base and can bring along kids through a seamless integration.

Old
03-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
It's more the defense playing like their their heads are on fire. MDZ, for example, is a -23 and the second worst +/- rating of our defensemen is a -5. Imo he has cost us a few games all on his own, but that's the risk you take when you expect too much from a player not capable of playing up to expectations yet. His defense is basically equivalent to Ales Kotalik right now, but Tortorella seems to have him on a long leash because he shows potential.

I can't blame the offense this season, for the most part at least. Although last night two of the goals we scored should never have went in.

Not to pick on the kid, but he has earned the -23, he is slow to react in the defensive zone and caught out of position nightly...he needs a few games to recharge, enter Corey Potter...he is 19 and will get better but right now he is a defensive liability...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 11:11 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Night of the criminally insane...

Last night Vokoun was sarcastically cheered in Florida for the fluky bouncer that led to their losing....

How can anyone heckle the only guys worth a damn on a nightly basis when they have ONE f-up???

There should be a line from the Garden to Central Park for all of us to bow down and kiss his f-in ass for what he does for us......keep in mind the Larry Brooks article calling out 4+ goals as a bad night for Hank....my memory and the highlight reel can reveal that he was awesome in some of those as well.

CHGoalie27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 11:13 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Funny/Not funny to think the only defenseman we've had since 97 has been Brian Leetch....and that was like 8 years ago already.

HELP YOUR KING, SATHER YOU GOSH DARN &*@!^#(*@&^#$(*37(*&^(*&$^(*&^(*&#@$(*&#^$(*&@^#($ *&^#($*&^#@(*74(*&#^$(*&#^$*(&^#%$62%&#%*&^#847^(* &^

CHGoalie27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 11:15 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Continued proof that this team is AWFUL. Not mediocre. Not bad. Awful. How can a team in the NHL be so inept at cycling the puck? It's mindblowing. How can a team in the NHL make so many terrible defensive blunders game in and game out?

It's a joke that this guy has to come out and talk about sucking. No goalie is perfect every game. Every goalie has bad games here and there. This team is bad almost every night in front of Lundqvist. It's a waste of one of the greatest homegrown talents this team has ever had.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 11:22 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
ThirdEye - not much you can do when you have a 20 year old on defense. That's going to happen and you hope that the team overall is good enough on defense, and offense, in order to bring along a 20 year old without it having an overall negative impact on the team. That's how the better teams continue to be good - they have a good base and can bring along kids through a seamless integration.
Yeah, but our team is not good enough defensively overall right now to accommodate MDZ's defensive irresponsibilities. Further, he spends a LOT of time on the PP, so that plus minus rating looks even more stark when you take that into consideration. Tortorella is playing him way too much

Hank might have had a bad game, but the team didn't play well at all in my opinion. Too many breakaways and high scoring chances. Could Lundqvist have played better? Yes. Could the whole team have played better considering the importance of the game? Huge yes. But I think the Blue are simply a better team and took advantage. We might have had twice as many shots on goal, but we didn't look like the better team.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 11:25 AM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
The fans are almost never fair. Redden got booed when they announced his assist and he even got booed when they announced his goal. I'm no fan of Redden but that's not right.

Me and my friend started yelling Redden you suck after any time something went wrong for the Rangers and Redden wasn't on the ice. A few guy around us appreciated it and a few others thought we were serious and agreed with it
Right or not, when you're eating up that much cap space and only have 2 goals and don't really contribute anything else (aside from flailing around on the ice when someone sneezes on him), I'd boo him too. This whole team needs to be booed harder than the 93' Rangers when this season is over. Its really just embarrassing.

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 11:29 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamoTheKid View Post
Right or not, when you're eating up that much cap space and only have 2 goals and don't really contribute anything else (aside from flailing around on the ice when someone sneezes on him), I'd boo him too. This whole team needs to be booed harder than the 93' Rangers when this season is over. Its really just embarrassing.
Exactly... he has 2 goals. He gets paid 3mm per goal scored. hahaha

10% unemployment and wade redden gets paid 3mm per goal hahahahahahaha

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 06:14 PM
LundqvistGirl35

Henrik has Always been an Emotional Player since day 1, that`s in a way is a bit of a problem. (That and High Glove Side)

He needs to stop fighting the puck, focus more on what going on in front of him.
If his teamates play horribly,Well Thats no help either

He needs to go back to that competitive mind set, and not "just making saves" Mode. Because it`s not enough to save this (so called) Team.

LundqvistGirl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
It's the same idiots who boo Gomez probably. Gomez came in here and played exactly how he has played for his entire career. He was very solid for us. It's not his fault he was payed a lot more than what he was worth. These morons in the stands don't seem to realize that.

On the topic of booing Hank: I mean what else could you expect from certain members of the Garden faithful. I love my fellow Ranger fans but sometimes they are out of line.

Yeah.

First, about Gomez. I didn't understand it. He never did anything wrong. He's on a line with players he has chemistry and the result is what we are seeing. It's not his fault our management couldn't figure it out. He didn't demand a trade. He didn't refuse to play. I couldn't believe how many people at the garden boo'ed him at the MTL/Ranger game

On the topic of Hank. I watched the game on TV and didn't notice the booing. . . It is absolutely redicoulus to boo a player having a bad game. Let alone the one who is the sole reason we are were we are. Like someone said earlier in this thread..

"The only reason they should be boo'ing him is if they are mad we are not in contention for the lottery" . Re-****ing-dicoulus.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 06:33 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
You can tell the frustration is getting to him. Can't blame the guy at all. That thread on the main board summed it up; He deserves to be on a better team.

It's disheartening to watch this cluster **** on the ice. I can't even imagine being the guy who has to watch all 60 minutes from the crease.

Would love to hear what he is muttering to himself while watching this cluster**** in front of him.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Watching Hank's post-game interviews this season has been pretty sad... I really feel bad for the guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Would love to hear what he is muttering to himself while watching this cluster**** in front of him.
He's most likely launching f-bomb after f-bomb in swedish.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 07:02 PM
XLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post

I agree it is really the defensemen that have let Hank down. Even though they have had difficulty to score if they had a solid defense unit they would be in the playoffs right now.

Del Zotto is going to be something special. But right now he is a defensive liability. Which is kind of expected because he is so young. The problem is Del Zotto is a 2nd pairing defensemen when he should be on the 3rd pair. But the rangers have a 6.5 million dollar veteran who is useless. And Del Zotto is a lights years better than Gilroy who gets outmuscled on every puck. Torts basically stopped playing him in the 3rd period in recent games.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
He did stink. Bad, bad game for him.

That said, why can't we ever pick Henrik up and steal a game? He picks us up and steals us points all the time, yet the team can never return the favor.
Too true. Also notice how even when we do score 3-4 goals in a game, Henrik still usually has to make some huge Henrik saves in order for us to win? This team just isn't good.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

he did stink, glad to hear him man up to it.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Fletch

ThirdEye...

MDZ playing now is for the future; much like Anisimov. The hope is next season he contributes greater offensively and improves defensively. He's looked like a guy who can play at this level. Unfortunately another year in juniors would've probably done nothing for him development-wise. I hear the issues regarding the defense's capabilities, but I think keeping him up was the right choice.

Old
03-19-2010, 08:52 PM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

The booers aren't true fans, they're just dumb 20-something drunk idiots trying to look cool in front of their butterface guido girlfriends. Everyone who knows anything about this team knows Hank is our team MVP.

No matter how bad you think the NY crowd can get the Montréal crowd will always be worse, always. They boo disabled children.

Last edited by ChipAyten: 03-19-2010 at 08:58 PM.
ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote