HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2003-04 regular season predictions version 1 (feel free to criticize)

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2003, 09:00 PM
kenabnrmal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
I don't think anyone can judge any standings because injuries have to come into play. I would have thought SJ and LA were going to make the playoffs last year but because of injuries and holdouts they both did poorly.
Why can't we judge them? Everyone has their predictions as to who will end up where. You take everything into account, including injuries, and give it your best shot. I don't think anyone who makes standings predictions actually expects them to turn out perfectly. I agree, Hemfan's attempt at critique was pretty much useless, but at the same time, why post your predictions if you don't want some critique of them? The whole point is to "judge the standings".

Old
09-26-2003, 09:07 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Where is Dany Heatley in goals, assists and points? I see him with more points then last year because Kovalchuk will be better, so more PP points for Dany. Plus, he will play with the same linemates and with the second half he had with them AND his performance in the WH I see him being one of the best if not the best player in the league this year.

Old
09-26-2003, 09:20 PM
Yayo

Forsberg, 40 goals and 50 assists??

Old
09-26-2003, 09:20 PM
JasonMacIsaac

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenabnrmal
Why can't we judge them? Everyone has their predictions as to who will end up where. You take everything into account, including injuries, and give it your best shot. I don't think anyone who makes standings predictions actually expects them to turn out perfectly. I agree, Hemfan's attempt at critique was pretty much useless, but at the same time, why post your predictions if you don't want some critique of them? The whole point is to "judge the standings".
What he did was downright ignorent and he was the first one I picked out. There are probably others but you don't try and lower someone else to make you feel higher.

Old
09-27-2003, 09:43 AM
kenabnrmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
What he did was downright ignorent and he was the first one I picked out. There are probably others but you don't try and lower someone else to make you feel higher.
We should all keep that in mind more often, you included. However, you said in your previous post that we shouldn't be judging people's predictions because we don't know for certain what will happen with injuries and whatnot. My point was, why the hell not. If he's posting them, he's looking for conversation and critique.

Old
09-27-2003, 09:49 AM
temporary pencil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenabnrmal
he's looking for conversation and critique.
Well, exactly... that's why I posted it...

But I don't think Colorado and Ottawa will be last in their conferences like hemskyfan suggested :p

Old
09-27-2003, 10:42 AM
sammy87

I think Ottawa wins the East. Captials and Lighting are closer in points. The loser of that plus the Islanders, Sabres, Bruins, Rangers will fight over the final 3 spots.

On the point totals. I think Naslund and Bertuzzi will be at it again this year. somewhere around 2/3 and 5/6 in the league

Closed Thread