HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Fan Friendly Teams/ Arenas

Old
03-02-2010, 08:35 AM
IceLady80

vCash: 500
Fan Friendly Teams/ Arenas

I know I have seen this in the past but could not find a recent thread on this. I am doing some research and am looking at what teams do for benefits for their fans/ season ticket holders/ or groups. The obvious being discounts to merchandise, maybe a season ticket holder of the night? Meet and Greats? What else do teams do that you like or dislike for fans at all levels.

IceLady80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Rumblick

Hershey:

Season tickets at a 28% discount over door prices.

Free parking for full STH plans ( $ 240 value )
Half Parking for 22-game plans

STH's get a cup that gets you sodas or like beverages for $1.00 apiece.

Pre - season skating party with the players.

Discount book with in arena and nearby shop and restaurant coupons.

Rumblick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 07:22 PM
adsfan

Milwaukee: STH have a fan of the night. You get on the Jumbotron and get a envelope with a letter and vouchers for two meals in the VIP club for a future game.
Us 1/2 STH aren't eligible for that. That is about the only difference between the two packages.

I get a 15% discount on my tickets, full season is a bigger discount. I can get discounted parking. All STH get a generous turn-in policy. You can turn in unused tickets for a game the same month or the next month, or wait until the last home game of the regular season. Any turn-in tickets are good for that game. STH get a holiday party, a meet and greet with the players once or twice. Discount of 10% on team merchandise. Two vouchers for tickets for a friend. Reserved gifts, like bobbleheads. A few years back, I got to meet Gordie Howe in the VIP room because I was selected from the STH pool. Sometimes you can get priority seating for other events, like Badger Hockey when they used to play a few games here.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Here are the Wolves benefits

Full Season Package
Same seat guaranteed for all 40 games
Limited Edition Alpha Wolf Jersey (one per account)
Discounted parking options - save 50%
Ticket Redemption Nights for unused tickets (specific nights apply)
Commemorative Season Ticket Holder Gift (one per account)
15% merchandise discount online and through Wolves Office
Convenient payment plans
Preseason ticket package pick-up party
Exclusive mid-season party with the players
Private postgame skate
Discounts at local restaurants
First opportunity to purchase Calder Cup Playoff tickets

Half Season Package
Same seat guaranteed for 21 games
Discounted parking option Save 25%
Ticket Redemption Nights for unused tickets (specific nights apply)
Commemorative Season Ticket Holder Gift (one per account)
10% merchandise discount online and through Wolves Office
Convenient payment plans
Preseason ticket package pick-up party
Exclusive mid-season party with the players - Watch Video
First opportunity to purchase Calder Cup Playoff tickets
Discounts at local restaurants

I'd say the best feature is the ticket redemption. You get to redeem unused tickets for games on another night in the same area. I've seen other teams that allow that feature, but you usually have to take upper deck or other lower value tickets.

The player party is also a lot of fun.

03-06-2010, 12:49 PM
AdmiralPred

I am biased and partial to the BC. Built with the NHL in mind in the late 80s so the entire arena view is not obstructed unlike the family section at the Kohl Center in Madison.

I've only been to the old arenas in Rockford (UHL days), Fort Wayne, Muskegon, and , of course, the White Castle home to the Rosemont Wolves

AdmiralPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 05:25 PM
KINGER2

I think the only perk Adirondack Phantoms fans get is the same seat guaranteed for each game. Oh yeah we have redemption night on the last Friday game of each month. Woopee!

KINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 12:26 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Being a Providence season ticket holder gets you about 40 to 60 percent off the face value, depending on if you have 20 games or 40 games. I've had a twenty game package for ten years now, and pay about 13.75 for seats that cost 26.00 at the window. They also give you a bunch of Flex-tix at the start of the year, which can be redeemed for best available seats for any game. That's helpful for me seeing as I don't have a full forty game package.

The other great thing is that playoff tickets are usually free, as long as you put down at least a $100 deposit for the next season sometime in March. And this year, seeing as the playoffs are not a sure thing, we got a bunch of gift certificates for the pro shop for renewing too. Season tickets can also be paid for in nine installments on your credit card.

We also have Meet The Players party at the Providence Mall, a Skate with the Players party at the Downtown Skating center and a Jersey Off Their Back raffle too.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 08:59 AM
roaddogg02316

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Being a Providence season ticket holder gets you about 40 to 60 percent off the face value, depending on if you have 20 games or 40 games. I've had a twenty game package for ten years now, and pay about 13.75 for seats that cost 26.00 at the window. They also give you a bunch of Flex-tix at the start of the year, which can be redeemed for best available seats for any game. That's helpful for me seeing as I don't have a full forty game package.

The other great thing is that playoff tickets are usually free, as long as you put down at least a $100 deposit for the next season sometime in March. And this year, seeing as the playoffs are not a sure thing, we got a bunch of gift certificates for the pro shop for renewing too. Season tickets can also be paid for in nine installments on your credit card.

We also have Meet The Players party at the Providence Mall, a Skate with the Players party at the Downtown Skating center and a Jersey Off Their Back raffle too.
I'm also a Providence STH. Full season. I get my seats that are a $26 value for just $11.25. As listed above we get the Meet the Players and skate with the players(need to learn to skate someday lol) I like how they give us 10 flex tickets per seat. They changed it from past years, now it is good for any seat including glass seats. Before it was excluding glass seats and center ice area seats.

The gift cards we got to the pro shop were alright. I had an issue with mine. It was $50 per seat. I used mine knowing that no cash back would be given. So I got a $45 hoodie. And the guy doesn't mention like oh you have to use it all. So I got screwed out of $5 cause he just took the 2 $25 cards after I signed them. If I had known they werent gonna just put like I had $5 left on the certificate then I woulda bought something else. I brought it up with guest services and they seemed to not care. It's so hard to keep track that there is money still left on it? But lost out on that one so whatever. I let them know they should tell the pro shop people to remind people they won't get anything back if they don't use it all. Hopefully they do that.

The paying for tickets in installments is very nice. I used to pay in full, but who can anymore. So that really helped out in keeping my seats. I don't know what I'd do without hockey lol.

roaddogg02316 is offline   Reply With Quote