HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Goalie question for 2010-2011

Old
03-20-2010, 03:03 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I'd be all for getting Price here. But do you name Price as your number one? Or, Leighton or, Bouch? That's if he is still here, and not traded.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Garneij

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I'd give up Carter in a deal for Vokoun is Vokoun is 26 or 27, but at what, age 34, there is no way I am trading someone who will be in the league for another 10 or 12 years for a guy who might only play for 2 or 3 more.
Ofc I don't want to give up Carter for him either, and I never said I would.

Garneij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garneij View Post
Ofc I don't want to give up Carter for him either, and I never said I would.
Oh, sorry - I thought you were suggesting thatit would be worth it.

Regarding Price, what do you think would be a worthwhile trade to get him?

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 03:55 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
Oh, sorry - I thought you were suggesting thatit would be worth it.

Regarding Price, what do you think would be a worthwhile trade to get him?

I've read on here, one of Giroux or JVR. However, who knows what the Habs would want.

Old
03-20-2010, 04:00 PM
John Flyers Fan

Hopefully it's one of

Price, Bernier, or Schneider along with Leighton.

I could also live with Ellis or Harding, but prefer one of the 3 above.

I want no parts of Thomas, Theodore or Turco.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 04:04 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Guys I want, Ellis, Price, Halak. Halak probably won't be moved.

Harding, I would be okay, however he's not as young as both Price or Halak. Neither is Ellis but he'd be okay.

Old
03-20-2010, 04:18 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
[/B]

I've read on here, one of Giroux or JVR. However, who knows what the Habs would want.
Habs fans are redundant and overexcited over nothing.

One of them today said they wanted Brassard for Price. Montreal won't get anything like Brassard, Giroux, or JVR for either Price or Halak. That's just the reality of it. Unfortunately, most of them don't seem to believe in reality.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 04:30 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post

One of them today said they wanted Brassard for Price. Montreal won't get anything like Brassard, Giroux, or JVR for either Price or Halak. That's just the reality of it. Unfortunately, most of them don't seem to believe in reality.
I agree. I too saw that, I think I saw you in the middle of it.

Habs fans still think their team dominating the NHL. I try not to read to into what they post.

Old
03-20-2010, 04:31 PM
JCameron418

Quote:

Seriously, I don't even know why I post in the trade forums. If I see another Giroux/JVR/Carter for Halak trade I'm gonna lose it.

The funny thing about it all is they are serious about it.

JCameron418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 04:40 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Who would you guys see us giving up for Price?

Old
03-20-2010, 04:40 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:

Not so sure about that. While goalie values are not nearly as high as regular player values, I think Price will command a significantly higher return than any of the others.

None of the others will command much in return.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 04:41 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Coburn for Price?
I dont want to jump the Coburn train just yet. I would rather move Parent if they want him and also see if we could snag a first for Carle.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 04:44 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
I dont want to jump the Coburn train just yet. I would rather move Parent if they want him and also see if we could snag a first for Carle.

You are quick, my friend.

As you can see, I deleted that idea in about .20 seconds of posting it.

Old
03-20-2010, 05:52 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:

Shafer quoting "reality" is comical at best. Lets face it Chris, there is very little on the Flyers that could turn a trade for Price/Halak other than Giroux/JVR. Why?

Well first off we have too many d-men under contract next season and have NHL-ready Subban needing a spot on the roster. We can't bury Subban in the minors for another year when he lead the team in points for a d-men, plus/minus etc. So therefore trading for Coburn makes zero sense unless we traded Hamrlik/Spacek in return (with a package coming back) to free up a spot. Flyers obviously can't take Hammer/Spacek and the possibility of trading them to other teams is slim.

Second, Habs can't take on any high-salaried contracts for forwards like Hartnell. I'll look past his lack of production this season and his underperforming ways... The bottom line is that we can't afford to trade for him and re-sign Plekanec. Ditto Briere etc.

So what does that leave us? 1st / 2nd round picks? Lets see... Flyers have none.

So in a nutshell, if the Flyers can't part with JVR/Giroux then there is nothing they can do to entice a trade for Price/Halak. You could always try an offersheet. Oh wait... no you can't.

And that's a little dose of reality for you.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 05:54 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Are we really back to this Price/Halak for Giroux/JVR thing again? I swear, every goalie thread has this damn arguement. Habs keep their players, Flyers keep their own also.

There

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 05:54 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

EDIT: WDF double post

Last edited by sa cyred: 03-20-2010 at 06:00 PM.
sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 05:58 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Are we really back to this Price/Halak for Giroux/JVR thing again? I swear, every goalie thread has this damn arguement. Habs keep their players, Flyers keep their own also.

There
I agree 100%. If there could be a moratorium on Price/Philly proposals i would be all for it as the chances of it happening are slim to none. More likely leaning to none.

Old
03-20-2010, 06:01 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Well first off we have too many d-men under contract next season and have NHL-ready Subban needing a spot on the roster. We can't bury Subban in the minors for another year when he lead the team in points for a d-men, plus/minus etc. So therefore trading for Coburn makes zero sense unless we traded Hamrlik/Spacek in return (with a package coming back) to free up a spot. Flyers obviously can't take Hammer/Spacek and the possibility of trading them to other teams is slim.
Understandable.

Quote:
Second, Habs can't take on any high-salaried contracts for forwards like Hartnell. I'll look past his lack of production this season and his underperforming ways... The bottom line is that we can't afford to trade for him and re-sign Plekanec. Ditto Briere etc.
Understandable.

Quote:
So what does that leave us? 1st / 2nd round picks? Lets see... Flyers have none.
Understandable.

Quote:
So in a nutshell, if the Flyers can't part with JVR/Giroux then there is nothing they can do to entice a trade for Price/Halak. You could always try an offersheet. Oh wait... no you can't.
Understandable.

Quote:
Shafer quoting "reality" is comical at best. Lets face it Chris, there is very little on the Flyers that could turn a trade for Price/Halak other than Giroux/JVR.

And that's a little dose of reality for you.
I never said anything about realistically acquiring Halak or Price. It's nice to think about, but I never said anything like that. Realistically, the teams make bad trading partners unless we do acquire some picks/assets by trading away one of our d-men before making a deal with Montreal. I never said anything contrary to that fact. So why are you claiming my "reality" is comical just because I said that neither JVR nor Giroux is worth Price or Halak?

Old
03-20-2010, 06:03 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
I never said anything about realistically acquiring Halak or Price. It's nice to think about, but I never said anything like that. Realistically, the teams make bad trading partners unless we do acquire some picks/assets by trading away one of our d-men before making a deal with Montreal. I never said anything contrary to that fact. So why are you claiming my "reality" is comical just because I said that neither JVR nor Giroux is worth Price or Halak?
Because he's a Habs fan?

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 06:05 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Understandable.

I've seen numerous proposals of Coburn for Price from you that defy reality but perhaps that was in the past and you are now past it? I guess part of it comes from that. But i agree with you that the two teams do not make good trading partners at all for the reasons already mentioned.

Old
03-20-2010, 06:09 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
I've seen numerous proposals of Coburn for Price from you that defy reality but perhaps that was in the past and you are now past it? I guess part of it comes from that. But i agree with you that the two teams do not make good trading partners at all for the reasons already mentioned.
I have mentioned from a Flyers standpoint that Coburn/Parent are the only young, sizable NHL-ready assets the Flyers could realistically part with. That doesn't mean I have said it makes sense for the Canadiens. I stand by my claim that Coburn and Price likely have similar value if not a little favored toward Coburn. Then again, as I have often pointed out, market value is not a stagnant being. It's determined by individual teams in individual realities, not a collective.

Old
03-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Trade for Price and go with Leighton as the Back up or

Sign Ellis to 2 year deal and also trade for Schneider/Harding/Bernier and go with that and let one of the young guys start 25 games.

Bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 06:18 PM
BernieParent
HFB Partner

Price is a matter of perceived vs actual value. He is perceived higher than actual (even though Price has a very high ceiling) because the Montreal FO gambled with a top-5 pick for him. As Chris and others have pointed out, Montreal has a legacy of great goaltending, which is a curse for guys like Price, who are anointed as the next Jacques Plante / Ken Dryden / Patrick Roy before they even hit the ice.

That being said, it will take more than Coburn to entice the Habs brass to trade Price, who is arguably the biggest (read only) trading chip they have for the off-season. Coburn + Maroon, a much coveted big forward, maybe. I'd try Gagne + Maroon for Price + pick/prospect, which would give the Flyers an NHL-ready young goaltender with lots of upside and cap relief.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 06:20 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
That being said, it will take more than Coburn to entice the Habs brass to trade Price, who is arguably the biggest (read only) trading chip they have for the off-season. Coburn + Maroon, a much coveted big forward, maybe. I'd try Gagne + Maroon for Price + pick/prospect, which would give the Flyers an NHL-ready young goaltender with lots of upside and cap relief.
No thanks to any of that.

Coburn + Maroon...maybe after a couple beers.

Old
03-20-2010, 06:57 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Price is a matter of perceived vs actual value. He is perceived higher than actual (even though Price has a very high ceiling) because the Montreal FO gambled with a top-5 pick for him. As Chris and others have pointed out, Montreal has a legacy of great goaltending, which is a curse for guys like Price, who are anointed as the next Jacques Plante / Ken Dryden / Patrick Roy before they even hit the ice.

I just don't understand how after it was spelled out that the Habs can't take on another d-man like Coburn that Flyers fans then immediately follow up with how about Coburn + prospect for Price?

Habs D under contract next season: Markov/Hammer/Spacek/Gill/Gorges/Obyrne
Habs NHL ready D: Subban / Weber / Carle and Emelin

Of which Subban is the best of the bunch. Habs need to shed themselves of a d-man to make room for Subban. Trading Price for Coburn in any sort of package doesn't help at all. Subban would be pissed at all the proposals in here!