HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Shocking stat: Rangers have not won a single game when losing after 2 periods.

Old
03-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Shocking stat: Rangers have not won a single game when losing after 2 periods.

Kukla's Corner posted it up via twitter an hour or so ago.

I didn't realize this. And it's an absolute shock. Never paid attention to it during the year, but it's a damn good reason why we are not in the playoffs right now. Usually we'd have at least 4 or so comeback wins after being down in the second (I think Kukla posted that we had 6 last year), so that's 8-12 points lost just like that.

Pretty disgraceful if you ask me.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 05:14 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Disgraceful, yes. Shocking, not so much. What do you expect from a team as bad as this one?

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 05:19 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Confidence builder....

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Thats not a shocking stat at all. I'd be SHOCKED if more then 12 teams have more then 2 wins after trailing in the 3rd.

Rangers are right at 16th in the lead after trailing after the 1st period. 12th place after leading after the 2nd.

I can't find stats after trailing after the 2nd for some reason, but that is not a shocking stat at all considering there at 18 teams that have a 85% chance of winning after the 2nd, 22 teams with a 81+% chance, and only 3 teams with less then a 75% chance of winning with a lead.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote