HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Sources: No Contact Between NHL, Players

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2005, 05:23 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
PE's last blog is hilarious...I just read it and this guy deserves a prize for the most dilusional imagination. I guess he heards voices inside his head otherwise only a sick mind would come up with so detailed info.
Yeah I read it...

Again, I don't want to comment on whether or not he's for real, cause I really don't care, but his theory makes alot more sense than what other media outlets are reporting, alot more than "no talks are scheduled, and both sides haven't spoken to each other or don't plan to meet anytime soon"...

You do know that both sides will meet again this week, and i'm not stupid enough to thinkn that both sides haven't spoken to each other over the weekend, just cause there hasn't been any official talks, dosen't mean they aren't talking...

Who knows what is happening right now, but to think that nothing is going on, that's being plain stupid...

P.S. for what it's worth (take it for that lliterally) someone posted an interesting comment to Eklund's blog, I won't post it for fear of being called an Eklund supporter or even worse, Eklund himself go check it out

Old
02-07-2005, 05:39 PM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Who knows what is happening right now, but to think that nothing is going on, that's being plain stupid...
Why would that be "plain stupid" or sugarcoated stupid or dry-roasted stupid or any other type of stupid? Isn't it traditional right now for both sides to wait for the other to make the next move, as a sign of weakness? If the NHLPA contacts the NHL and says lets talk some more, doesn't the NHL take that as a sign that the NHLPA is willing to budge from their previous storm-out-of-the-building-in-a-huff position? If the NHL contacts the NHLPA for more discussions, wouldn't the NHLPA expect the NHL to give a little? So both sides wait, not wanting to phone for another date. However the closer it gets to Valentine's Day, the more lonely they will get, and after some thought Betty and Bobby will realize its time to become partners. Since Bobby did the storming out, traditionally Betty has to call him back for further talks, with some sort of sweetener, such as a NNN% luxury tax instead of a hard cap. However Betty will wait for a few days, so that Bobby knows that Betty still wants to play hard to get.

Old
02-07-2005, 05:40 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Yeah I read it...

Again, I don't want to comment on whether or not he's for real, cause I really don't care, but his theory makes alot more sense than what other media outlets are reporting, alot more than "no talks are scheduled, and both sides haven't spoken to each other or don't plan to meet anytime soon"...

You do know that both sides will meet again this week, and i'm not stupid enough to thinkn that both sides haven't spoken to each other over the weekend, just cause there hasn't been any official talks, dosen't mean they aren't talking...

P.S. for what it's worth (take it for that lliterally) someone posted an interesting comment to Eklund's blog, I won't post it for fear of being called an Eklund supporter or even worse, Eklund himself go check it out
His comments do make a lot of sense and they are detailed too, so the guy either has a sick imagination or lots of connections and lots of guts too. I do believe that we are going to have our season back this March but not because of what Eklund is claiming to know.

Closed Thread