HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

3/20/10 - 7:30PM EST - Tampa Bay VS Washington

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2010, 09:57 PM
gobolt7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HedmanIsMyHomeboy View Post
I swear, if I wake up tomorrow and I read comments from the Lightning players such as "There's still time" or "All we need is a run" or "This team still believes", I'm going to punch something. One player just needs to be honest and say that this team is done, because that's the simple truth.

At this point, I wouldn't mind cleaning house in management, coaching and players. Lecavalier, St. Louis, Stamkos, Downie, Hedman, and Ohlund are the only players I would not get rid of this off-season. Everyone else is absolutely expendable. The way this team is playing is just absolutely pathetic, and there's no excuse anymore.
You won't hear those comments. You are going to hear a comment from Marty about how they just have to see what happens. (paraphrasing) Very telling coming from Marty, imo.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
03-20-2010, 11:04 PM
TBLHoser

Lot of chances, just can't score when nobody's in front of the net and I mean 10 feet out, not standing in front of the goalie this time. Jose was popping rebounds out all night and nobody was there to knock them in. Would have had 3 or 4 goals tonight...and Walker sucks as bad as Mez....

Old
03-20-2010, 11:07 PM
LightningStrikes
He is back

Hey at least Vinny's back in bizz!!!

Old
03-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Hollywood

Whomever scouted Tanguay should be fired. The GM should be fired for signing him. He was a waste when he was picked up from Montreal with a huge contract.
This has to be scouted ahead of time, it can't be, "oh he may get going again". Look at his fundamentals!. He was a better player at 22 than he is now at 30 or so or close. This scout and this GM needs to go, if he hasn't already.
The defence is ridiculous and to blame it on the coaching staff is beyond logic. This team has two great lines and 2 4th lines and they have 3 sets of 3rd line defenceman. Two Back up goaltenders. WHat do fans here expect?
This is an executive $%)! storm and can only be fixed through them. Hedman is 3 years away from the defenceman he needs to be... With players like Lecavalier and St.Louis making their (Deservedly large) contracts they need to be dealt and this team needs to be rebuilt around stamkos and hedman, Much like LA's team.
I feel bad for a small market like Tampa Bay but unfortunately this needs to happen if Tampa fail to make the playoffs. My opinion.

Old
03-21-2010, 12:49 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Vinny's a few months late...

Old
03-21-2010, 02:46 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Whomever scouted Tanguay should be fired. The GM should be fired for signing him. He was a waste when he was picked up from Montreal with a huge contract.
This has to be scouted ahead of time, it can't be, "oh he may get going again". Look at his fundamentals!. He was a better player at 22 than he is now at 30 or so or close. This scout and this GM needs to go, if he hasn't already.
The defence is ridiculous and to blame it on the coaching staff is beyond logic. This team has two great lines and 2 4th lines and they have 3 sets of 3rd line defenceman. Two Back up goaltenders. WHat do fans here expect?
This is an executive $%)! storm and can only be fixed through them. Hedman is 3 years away from the defenceman he needs to be... With players like Lecavalier and St.Louis making their (Deservedly large) contracts they need to be dealt and this team needs to be rebuilt around stamkos and hedman, Much like LA's team.
I feel bad for a small market like Tampa Bay but unfortunately this needs to happen if Tampa fail to make the playoffs. My opinion.
huh? Our scouting has actually done alot better than years past. Tanguay was more of all on lawton. Which does need to go. St.louis isn't going anywhere as he will retire as a bolt and should. I agree we need to do a complete rebuild, but you dont need some veteran presence there to help bring them along, I cant think of a better canadiate than St.louis for that role.

I'm actually really really high on Lundin, just we dont have anything other than him ATM. Hedman needs the offseason to come quickly, I think simply he was overwhelmed. Next season with proper coaching he should do much much better. Tocc needs to be fire, actually the whole staff needs to be **** canned. Hire a coach from the CHL or AHL and let them bring in there own staff, and let them know they sink or swim together.....

Old
03-21-2010, 04:21 AM
Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
huh? Our scouting has actually done alot better than years past. Tanguay was more of all on lawton. Which does need to go. St.louis isn't going anywhere as he will retire as a bolt and should. I agree we need to do a complete rebuild, but you dont need some veteran presence there to help bring them along, I cant think of a better canadiate than St.louis for that role.

I'm actually really really high on Lundin, just we dont have anything other than him ATM. Hedman needs the offseason to come quickly, I think simply he was overwhelmed. Next season with proper coaching he should do much much better. Tocc needs to be fire, actually the whole staff needs to be **** canned. Hire a coach from the CHL or AHL and let them bring in there own staff, and let them know they sink or swim together.....
Mezarros and ohlund are signed through 14 for 5 and 3.5 million. ou don't think that is a problem? vinny is awesome but he not worth 10 on a team that is not playoff worthy.
Structurally this team is messed. 4 years away from a legitimate playoff team.

Old
03-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Vasilevski
TB team with Stamkos

Hedman should go with Gary Roberts, just like Stamkos did this past off-season.

Old
03-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Yeah, no, I don't feel like waiting 12 years to actually start winning games like LA. Why do people think this is a good "formula"?

Old
03-21-2010, 01:32 PM
kinggelato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Yeah, no, I don't feel like waiting 12 years to actually start winning games like LA. Why do people think this is a good "formula"?
+1 People don't realize that rebuilding isn't a 1-4 year process. Teams only purposelly do it when they don't have anything to work with or their guys have become really old.

Old
03-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggelato View Post
+1 People don't realize that rebuilding isn't a 1-4 year process. Teams only purposelly do it when they don't have anything to work with or their guys have become really old.
Thing is were half way there anyway. Were realistically about two years away if we do a rebuild. Think about it.

Lundin, Downie, Stamkos, Hedman, Purcell. We also have guys like Wishart who seems NHL ready just stuck with the ads trying desperately to get them into the playoffs. So is Simek though most people log him off as a bust because they have yet to see him play. Simek could be a solid bottom 6 and is flirting with being NHL ready.

its not doom and gloom. realistically mixed with prospects and veterans were only looking at maybe two or three more on offense before letting the molding experience begin. Getting rid of Tanguay and Velliuex open up the spots for them.

Closed Thread