HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offense (most overpaid overrated top six in league? )

Old
03-20-2010, 01:23 PM
enviro61

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizza318 View Post
Dude seriously sometimes you should just give up. You where the one saying how amazing Mezaros was and will be and he is doing fack all, he was borderline bought out by Tampa.

Your player analysis are ridiculous because you only portray them as it suits you.

If Murray gave up a lottery draft pick with a possible high first round pick and a second round pick for a player like Kessel you'd be ******** on him like the world was about to end.

Kessel is a good player...but hes not a franchise player and hes not a game breaker. Sure he enjoys success against the Sens but what exacatly did he do per say for team USA in the big games ? He was invisible. Hes selfish. His style is selfish. He doesn't make players around him better.

Players like Parise, Kessler those are guys I'd consider giving up a lot for, those guys do everything. What does Kessel do ? skate down the ice and shoot the puck 8 times a game and hopes one of the 8 shots goes inn.

Goal scoreres are supposed to be selfish. We need someone like that. As mentioned though, no hope in hell I would give up what TO did for him. Parise and Kessler would be nice to

enviro61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Big Papi
Who's Mel Bridgeman?

i'm really getting tired of the mods on this board. Everyone here are adults, you don't have to be so heavy handed in deleting posts that YOU see as being testy.

I really have no idea why my last post was deleted, there was no swearing, no call outs...just pointing out that fans here tend to focus too much on this conflict with Toronto, even though they are really irrelevant (and have been since the lookout). The club's been around for almost 2 decades, time to grow up.

This is why I hardly post here, big brother is slightly too controlling, and everyone can clearly see that there are favorites. There's generally some really good stuff on here, being in another country, not much hockey talk going on, so its good to keep up with stuff.

Big Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papi View Post
i'm really getting tired of the mods on this board. Everyone here are adults, you don't have to be so heavy handed in deleting posts that YOU see as being testy.

I really have no idea why my last post was deleted, there was no swearing, no call outs...just pointing out that fans here tend to focus too much on this conflict with Toronto, even though they are really irrelevant (and have been since the lookout). The club's been around for almost 2 decades, time to grow up.

This is why I hardly post here, big brother is slightly too controlling, and everyone can clearly see that there are favorites. There's generally some really good stuff on here, being in another country, not much hockey talk going on, so its good to keep up with stuff.
Easy there buddy. Eeeeeaaasy.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 08:47 PM
Blehst*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papi View Post

pretty much describes the horrible mods on this board... I tried posting a thread once, nothing wrong with it just a general thread and when i posted it the first time it stayed up for like 2 minutes then got deleted but i hadn't noticed so i posted again and it got deleted right away.. for no reason and no explanation.

Blehst* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Rooverick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common SENSe View Post
I have lurked on these boards for over two years now, and frankly, enough is enough.

CALM DOWN.

One month ago this board was alight with Cup aspirations and fawning over Murray and Clouston's ability to field a deep and hard-working team which would surely roll over all competition on the way to the promised land.

Now, every second post is FIRE OUR COACH, FIRE BRYAN MURRAY, TRADE SPEZZA, TRADE FISHER, TRADE EVERYONE!

CALM DOWN.

We have played like utter garbage over the last stretch, but I have faith. This is why other fanbases mock ours ceaselessly, we refuse to stand beside our team with the firm belief that we can in fact rally, and beat any team at any time.

I have faith...

Chill out, they got this.

We have 11 games to right the ship, 11 games to regain our focus, and 11 games to show the league what we are capable of.

After that, all bets are off, but I still know who I will be supporting, not just the Ottawa Senators, but this group of Sens who have led me to believe that they are capable of far greater than what they have shown lately.

Above all, there is only one phrase, one simple exclamation which illustrates exactly what this board needs...

GO SENS GO!

And please, for the love of God, stop embarrassing yourselves.
Best post in the history of this forum.

Well done.

Rooverick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 11:20 AM
utah

Quote:
I have lurked on these boards for over two years now, and frankly, enough is enough.

CALM DOWN.

One month ago this board was alight with Cup aspirations and fawning over Murray and Clouston's ability to field a deep and hard-working team which would surely roll over all competition on the way to the promised land.

Now, every second post is FIRE OUR COACH, FIRE BRYAN MURRAY, TRADE SPEZZA, TRADE FISHER, TRADE EVERYONE!

CALM DOWN.

We have played like utter garbage over the last stretch, but I have faith. This is why other fanbases mock ours ceaselessly, we refuse to stand beside our team with the firm belief that we can in fact rally, and beat any team at any time.

I have faith...

Chill out, they got this.

We have 11 games to right the ship, 11 games to regain our focus, and 11 games to show the league what we are capable of.

After that, all bets are off, but I still know who I will be supporting, not just the Ottawa Senators, but this group of Sens who have led me to believe that they are capable of far greater than what they have shown lately.

Above all, there is only one phrase, one simple exclamation which illustrates exactly what this board needs...

GO SENS GO!

And please, for the love of God, stop embarrassing yourselves.
It's probably easier to remain calm, when you live in London (which is 650km from Ottawa). You just don't feel the tension around the team's performance, the way Ottawa locals do.

Besides....remaining calm is usually just a good idea when you need to exit a sinking ship for example.

Oh wait.....maybe, you're onto something!

utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Uncle Eugene
Buckle up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utah View Post
It's probably easier to remain calm, when you live in London (which is 650km from Ottawa). You just don't feel the tension around the team's performance, the way Ottawa locals do.

Besides....remaining calm is usually just a good idea when you need to exit a sinking ship for example.

Oh wait.....maybe, you're onto something!
Whoa now, I'm in London for school but am a born and raised Valley boy!

Never assume anything!

Uncle Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 05:54 PM
utah

Quote:
Whoa now, I'm in London for school but am a born and raised Valley boy!

Never assume anything!
I didn't assume anything.

I wrote that you live in London. And, you do.

Old
03-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Alfredsson11

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybajesus View Post
we've been close to .500 all season long. guess you can say we are an under performing average team which makes us a ****** team
Look at personal stats, they don't lie.

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Uncle Eugene
Buckle up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utah View Post
I didn't assume anything.

I wrote that you live in London. And, you do.
And took a superior attitude that somehow you know more about the pressures facing this team than I do simply because I live in another city for school.

As in, I'm not as good of a fan as you are because I couldn't possibly understand what its like.

If anything, its harder for me to maintain faith in this franchise due to my geographic location.

I am constantly in the minority here in Leaf country and have to answer for every goal, every missed save and every loss to an army of all too willing critics.

My belief in the team has nothing to do with where I am...perhaps it is you that should analyze your allegiance a little more thoroughly.

Uncle Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 10:11 PM
utah

Quote:
And took a superior attitude that somehow you know more about the pressures facing this team than I do simply because I live in another city for school.

As in, I'm not as good of a fan as you are because I couldn't possibly understand what its like.

If anything, its harder for me to maintain faith in this franchise due to my geographic location.

I am constantly in the minority here in Leaf country and have to answer for every goal, every missed save and every loss to an army of all too willing critics.

My belief in the team has nothing to do with where I am...perhaps it is you that should analyze your allegiance a little more thoroughly.
That was not my intent, but maybe that's how it appeared.

What I was trying to get at is this. You're in London. As you mentioned, you're in Leaf country.

Let me relate it like this. How many 'anxiety-filled' threads are there about the Sens in the Leaf Forum here at HF boards? How many 'anxiety-filled' threads about the Sens are on the Sens board, in comparison?

Here's where I'm going. Because this is ground-zero for Sens Nation.....the anxiety is worse here. Collective Anxiety has a way of spreading. Because you're in London....you can escape the collective anxiety more easily, simply because there are so few Sens fans in that area.

In otherwords, I believe that it's easier for you to be calm.....because so few around your give a darn about the Sens.

The rest of the post, was just a joke about staying calm when a ship is sinking. Right now it looks like the Sens are sinking.....get it?

So, that's it. I'm sorry that my post got under your skin. I wasn't trying to slam you....as a fan, or demean your allegiance to the team.

Go Sens Go!