HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you guys seriously think Hainsey could still make it ? (Merged)

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2005, 11:27 PM
Habs4Life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS-65
it can be a theory but he is really stupid if he does that .
This guy doesn't play for the love of the game, that's his main problem.. He only cares about one thing, himself.

Old
02-06-2005, 11:44 PM
F. Duchemin

Send a message via MSN to F. Duchemin
I gave up on him, and i didnt gave up on Hossa.

Old
02-06-2005, 11:49 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS-65
I was watching the stats of each bulldogs players when I saw the stats of Ron Hainsey , damn ! What happened to him ??? he is -12 and has only 8 pts , I think his chance to the NHL are dead now .
It doesn't excuse Hainsey, but Bouwmeester is -18, worst on his own AHL team, even though Bouwmeester is NHL caliber. So while he's having a craptacular year in Hamilton, I think Hainsey could still pan out if he gets his s*** together.

Old
02-07-2005, 05:15 AM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²
For ?

What would be the use of trading a player with such a big potential when his value is at an all time low ? We couldn't get much more than a 3rd round pick. At this point it's just not worth it to trade him for a 3rd..
Trade him for another team's headache. It rarely works but you never know. Exchange one problem for another. Change of staff, change of approach. Might work for both players, might work for one of them or (more likely) might work for neither of them.

But at least it's a gamble.

There are plenty of highly skilled floaters just like Hainsey. Shvidki for instance. Florida is stuck with that dude ever since drafting him.

Old
02-07-2005, 09:08 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²

I'd sure trade Hainsey for Chistov though.
No thanks guys.

Were a little disapointed in Chistov here in California, but not to the degree you guys are with Hainsey.

How about Smirnov for Hainsey instead?

Old
02-07-2005, 09:19 AM
CGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
This guy doesn't play for the love of the game, that's his main problem.. He only cares about one thing, himself.
No one can actually see into Hainsey's head, so I don't get all these claims that he's selfish, parties too much, doesn't like the game, or doesn't care. I don't get that, he only cares about himself? What does that mean? Since he only cares about himself he's gonna go out and tank every game to make himself look like crap and make the team lose? How is that caring about himself? None of this makes any sense.

Don't use plus/minus as a comparison. Our most "NHL-Ready" prospect from a poll done yesterday is -9, almost as bad as Hainsey.

Not too many people are doing particularly well stat-wise with the Bulldogs this year. Ward was MVP two years ago, his stats are down. Where are the anti-Ward threads?

Hainsey should be in the NHL this year and will get the chance to prove himself there once the lockout ends. End of story.

Old
02-07-2005, 10:03 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc2005
No one can actually see into Hainsey's head, so I don't get all these claims that he's selfish, parties too much, doesn't like the game, or doesn't care. I don't get that, he only cares about himself? What does that mean? Since he only cares about himself he's gonna go out and tank every game to make himself look like crap and make the team lose? How is that caring about himself? None of this makes any sense.

Don't use plus/minus as a comparison. Our most "NHL-Ready" prospect from a poll done yesterday is -9, almost as bad as Hainsey.

Not too many people are doing particularly well stat-wise with the Bulldogs this year. Ward was MVP two years ago, his stats are down. Where are the anti-Ward threads?

Hainsey should be in the NHL this year and will get the chance to prove himself there once the lockout ends. End of story.
Exactly!

I'll only truly give up on Hainsey once he fails at the NHL level.

Old
02-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:

Granted we can't see into Hainsey's head, but his on ice play - his lack of urgency in his game and career, his apparent regressing in development, and his off ice which includes a few ignorant, egotistical interviews he has done on national television lead to concerns about his attitude. This combined with a rather infamous reputation as someone who enjoys the nightlife a little too much.

Yes Hainsey will get a chance to prove himself, if for no other reason is that he would need to go on waivers otherwise. He hasn't earned his shot at the big leagues by any means and shouldn't be in the NHL based on his play and probably is closer to ECHL if not for the fact he was drafted in the first round.

Old
02-07-2005, 11:09 AM
CGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Granted we can't see into Hainsey's head, but his on ice play - his lack of urgency in his game and career, his apparent regressing in development, and his off ice which includes a few ignorant, egotistical interviews he has done on national television lead to concerns about his attitude. This combined with a rather infamous reputation as someone who enjoys the nightlife a little too much.

Yes Hainsey will get a chance to prove himself, if for no other reason is that he would need to go on waivers otherwise. He hasn't earned his shot at the big leagues by any means and shouldn't be in the NHL based on his play and probably is closer to ECHL if not for the fact he was drafted in the first round.
Wow, now he's ECHL calibre? I know what interview you're referring to, it was last year in Hamilton, Hainsey had just been sent down and wasn't too happy, claims he didn't know what he was supposed to be working on, etc. All completely normal, imo. If he was so happy to be in the AHL then I'd be worried. He should be pissed he got demoted.

Near the end of Ward's MVP season he gave almost the exact same interview, he was furious that Montreal hadn't recalled him yet. Two weeks later they did. No one got mad at Ward for that.

I still don't get this, he enjoys the nightlife a little too much? He's played a grand total of 32 NHL games, so figure 16 in Montreal. Have you ever seen any legitimate reports that he's been scratched because he's hungover? Missed a practice due to sleeping in? Out of shape with a beer gut? Can't pass the puck right because he was at the bars all weekend? Anything???

I realize it's the in thing right now to bash "Hollywood" Hainsey, but I seriously doubt there's any problem with the "enjoying of the nightlife". Everyone absolutely jumps at the chance to bash any of our prospects if they aren't doing well. This is getting disgusting.

I'd be happy to read any media reports saying Gainey thinks Hainsey's career is in jeopardy because of a bad attitude or a nightlife problem.

Old
02-07-2005, 01:09 PM
Roxor

Send a message via MSN to Roxor
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
No thanks guys.

Were a little disapointed in Chistov here in California, but not to the degree you guys are with Hainsey.

I think Smirnov and Hainsey are great comparisons

Old
02-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
No thanks guys.

Only if Smirnov is actually the russian spelling of Smirnoff

Old
02-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 2635
I'd move Hainsey to wing on the checking line or with the enforcers. It works wonders for the attitude. He'll either get with the program, or he'll quit. Instead of one dman partner giving him advice, he'll have 2 hard-working forwards that are just happy to be playing in the AHL ripping him a new one. If a guy isn't responding to coaching, put him in a position where his team mates will straighten him out.

Old
02-08-2005, 06:28 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Wow, now he's ECHL calibre? I know what interview you're referring to, it was last year in Hamilton, Hainsey had just been sent down and wasn't too happy, claims he didn't know what he was supposed to be working on, etc. All completely normal, imo. If he was so happy to be in the AHL then I'd be worried. He should be pissed he got demoted.

Near the end of Ward's MVP season he gave almost the exact same interview, he was furious that Montreal hadn't recalled him yet. Two weeks later they did. No one got mad at Ward for that.

I still don't get this, he enjoys the nightlife a little too much? He's played a grand total of 32 NHL games, so figure 16 in Montreal. Have you ever seen any legitimate reports that he's been scratched because he's hungover? Missed a practice due to sleeping in? Out of shape with a beer gut? Can't pass the puck right because he was at the bars all weekend? Anything???

I realize it's the in thing right now to bash "Hollywood" Hainsey, but I seriously doubt there's any problem with the "enjoying of the nightlife". Everyone absolutely jumps at the chance to bash any of our prospects if they aren't doing well. This is getting disgusting.

I'd be happy to read any media reports saying Gainey thinks Hainsey's career is in jeopardy because of a bad attitude or a nightlife problem.
If the nightlife was the problem we'd be a few hof'ers short right now. My own opinion is that I've seen nothing that makes me think he's an NHL d man. He seems to be a little slow reacting, reluctant physically and unsure offensively. The latter may be a confidence issue, and may change, but if the skill that he was drafted for seems to have regressed, what are you left with ? The CH need what he was supposed to bring to the table. I have no idea whether he was mis handled, not mature enough to understand that oppurtunities must be earned or simply not good enough. He doesn't have to be a warm cuddly guy to make the NHL, he has to make reads, and get the puch out of his end and I haven't seen that. Granted I've seen him about 10 games in total over the last few years and I'm no authority but why let that stop me ?

Old
02-08-2005, 06:46 AM
Habs13

I think he did alright during his NHL stint.. if memory serves me correctly, he scored the first Habs goal of the season last year! Still, his poor play in Hamilton isn't exactly making anybody think positive thoughts about his game. If he really is just slacking off.. what sort of message is that sending to Gainey, Julien, Jarvis and the boys?

Closed Thread