HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Record vs. Eastern Conference

Old
03-22-2010, 09:33 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

vCash: 500
Flyers Record vs. Eastern Conference

This is a list of how we've done against the other 14 teams. If I messed up, correct me.

Caps 1-3
Pens 1-3-1
Sabres 1-2-1
NJD 4-1
Ott 1-2
FLYERS-----
MON 2-1
Bruins 2-1-1
------------
Atl 0-4
NYR 2-2
FLA 1-3
CAR 4-0
NYI 5-0
TB 4-0
TOR 2-1

Against teams in Playoff spots 12-13-3. Imagine if you swap the Thrashers and Bruins.

Non-playoff teams we're 18-10.

Only impressive thing on there (from our POV) is our record against the Devils. Other than that, we can beat up the suck-ass teams and do so-so against the good ones. Reminds me a lot of the Eagles from this past year. The difference is, the Eagles were kind of fooling everyone and looked a little better than they actually were. This Flyers team should be doing a lot better than it is.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:44 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
This is depressing.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:59 AM
JSTAFF

One word: HEART.

I hate teams with no heart. Every ****ing night around 7 pm I clear my schedule to sit down and watch the Flyers game. It kills me to watch a team just coasting around, showing no emotion, and just plain not trying.

Everyone knows my opinion on this teams "young core" and that I hate it more and more everyday. These kids just dont want to do what it takes to be professional hockey players. I take a look at Crosby, Kane, Toews, and just wish that our core could take a page out of their book. Play with some ****ing emotion, play like you are privileged to have a huge contract and that you dont just deserve it but you earn it every night.

I'd rather watch a team that absolutely had 0 skill and played with a ton of heart than a team filled with skill and no heart.

**** you Flyers.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 10:03 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post

I hate teams with no heart. Every ****ing night around 7 pm I clear my schedule to sit down and watch the Flyers game. It kills me to watch a team just coasting around, showing no emotion, and just plain not trying.

Everyone knows my opinion on this teams "young core" and that I hate it more and more everyday. These kids just dont want to do what it takes to be professional hockey players. I take a look at Crosby, Kane, Toews, and just wish that our core could take a page out of their book. Play with some ****ing emotion, play like you are privileged to have a huge contract and that you dont just deserve it but you earn it every night.

I'd rather watch a team that absolutely had 0 skill and played with a ton of heart than a team filled with skill and no heart.

**** you Flyers.
I agree with everything you just said.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 10:07 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

does this actually surprise you?

this team isnt as good as we look on paper

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 07:21 PM
zarley zelepukin

Basically 3-10 against the top 3 teams. Depressing is a good word for that. Are we just missing a piece or two, or do we need major changes? I'm leaning towards the latter, although with our cap/picks situation even adding a good piece would require someone going out.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Orange Crush 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post

**** you Flyers.
Could have been ours if we weren't dicked by the lottery.

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:39 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

It was kind of the same way last year if you look at the schedule.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 12:20 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
This is depressing.
This.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Mgkibbles

This team knows how to talk the talk, but I think tonight proved they can't walk.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote