HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kristo/Pateryn Win Conference Championships

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2010, 09:14 AM
  #1
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 25,402
vCash: 500
Kristo/Pateryn Win Conference Championships

Danny Kristo's North Dakota University beat SCSU last night to win the WCHA championship. Kristo had 3 points in the last 3 games and was player of the game the first night, all single elimination games. Next up is the Frozen Four tournament, 16 teams split into 4 sections, the #1 seed takes on the #4 and #2 takes on #3. Tournament starts on Friday.

Greg Pateryn's Michigan wolverines beat Northern Michigan to win the CCHA championship. It was the first time in the CCHA's history that a #7 seed ended up winning the conference championship. The win gives them an auto bid to the Frozen Fours (just 2-3 weeks ago they weren't even in the top 20) Pateryn was on the 3rd pairing but saw time on the 2nd PK unit as well.

Congrats to Danny Kristo, Mike Cichy and Greg Pateryn on winning a conference championship. Good luck on trying to win a national championship.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 12:41 PM
  #2
markov`
Registered User
 
markov`'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Top 2 in the world
Posts: 3,647
vCash: 500
Damn, that Kristo kid is clutch.

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 01:03 PM
  #3
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 2,107
vCash: 500
I can’t wait for Danny Kristo and Louis Leblanc in Hamilton!

A quick question: there was a lot of chats regarding the chances of Leblanc (according to his agent, he intends to start the next season at 190 pnds btw) joining the Bulldogs in 2010-11... what about Kristo?

Edit:

The WCHA >>> ECAC so I guess we will probably see Leblanc in Hamilton before Kristo... right?


Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 03-21-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 01:39 PM
  #4
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 25,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I can’t wait for Danny Kristo and Louis Leblanc in Hamilton!

A quick question: there was a lot of chats regarding the chances of Leblanc (according to his agent, he intends to start the next season at 190 pnds btw) joining the Bulldogs in 2010-11... what about Kristo?

Edit:

The WCHA >>> ECAC so I guess we will probably see Leblanc in Hamilton before Kristo... right?
My total guess would be that we see both Leblanc and Kristo in Hamilton for the 2011-2012 season.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 05:34 PM
  #5
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
My total guess would be that we see both Leblanc and Kristo in Hamilton for the 2011-2012 season.
Was thinking the same thing. Is it me or does Hamilton look like they may have a chance to win not just 1 but maybe even more calder cups in the future? They definitely look like they will be contenders for a long while don't you think?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 05:44 PM
  #6
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,922
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
This is good stuff for kristo, gotta instill a winning attitude into him like subban's got, kristo got his WJC gold medal this year, and now this championship, and like montreal said, a national championship would be big

its great to have him WINNING all these things so that when he gets to hamilton, his attitude is set, BENT on making it to the NHL, i like it

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 08:11 AM
  #7
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 25,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Was thinking the same thing. Is it me or does Hamilton look like they may have a chance to win not just 1 but maybe even more calder cups in the future? They definitely look like they will be contenders for a long while don't you think?
For sure. Next year they add Dumont, Engqvist and likely Fischer, not the strongest class, and we don't know who they will lose, or who else will be brought in, but the next year if they bring in Leblanc, Kristo, Stejskal, it should be a strong rookie class, as last years class was downright sick, Desharnais, Desjardins, Pacioretty, White, Trotter, Weber, O Latendresse.

As a Hamilton fan, one things for sure, no matter what people think of Timmins drafting or the Habs in general, they continue to stock Hamilton with interesting and effective AHLers each year.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 12:36 PM
  #8
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,368
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
For sure. Next year they add Dumont, Engqvist and likely Fischer, not the strongest class, and we don't know who they will lose, or who else will be brought in, but the next year if they bring in Leblanc, Kristo, Stejskal, it should be a strong rookie class, as last years class was downright sick, Desharnais, Desjardins, Pacioretty, White, Trotter, Weber, O Latendresse.

As a Hamilton fan, one things for sure, no matter what people think of Timmins drafting or the Habs in general, they continue to stock Hamilton with interesting and effective AHLers each year.
Very very true.

I've been following Engqvist before we signed him for about a year now. I really love this guy, and when we signed him I was shocked we beat out Detroit. Engqvist has stellar hands, speed and can lay the body, and is excellent in corners. If you want to do a player projection, in a perfect world with Guy Boucher think of Engqvist as a Jordan Staal type of player. Lots of offensive talent but also excellent defensively.

Fischer can only do good with Guy Boucher, if Boucher could take Sergei and turn him around (I thought forsure he was KHL bound) then he can pretty much do anything.

as for Dumont, Guy Boucher has worked with him before and had excellent progress with him. I think Dumont has the tools to be a force on Hamilton.

Kind of scary when you look at this years roster plus adding players like Engqvist, Fischer, and Dumont for next year? Scary, very scary.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 01:24 PM
  #9
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 25,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Very very true.

I've been following Engqvist before we signed him for about a year now. I really love this guy, and when we signed him I was shocked we beat out Detroit. Engqvist has stellar hands, speed and can lay the body, and is excellent in corners. If you want to do a player projection, in a perfect world with Guy Boucher think of Engqvist as a Jordan Staal type of player. Lots of offensive talent but also excellent defensively.

Fischer can only do good with Guy Boucher, if Boucher could take Sergei and turn him around (I thought forsure he was KHL bound) then he can pretty much do anything.

as for Dumont, Guy Boucher has worked with him before and had excellent progress with him. I think Dumont has the tools to be a force on Hamilton.

Kind of scary when you look at this years roster plus adding players like Engqvist, Fischer, and Dumont for next year? Scary, very scary.
I've seen most of Engqvist's goals this year, he mostly scores from in close, good to see a big body in the organization that goes to the net hard. Should be interesting to see him with the Dogs next year, hopefully it works out better then the last two Euro FA's we signed.

As for next year, it will be interesting to see who they lose. Henry? Subban? Carle, White, Pyatt, Pacioretty, etc... Still getting Dumont and Engqvist will help for sure, plus whoever they send over. I'd sign St-Denis since they will likely need some more bodies on defense.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 01:57 PM
  #10
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,685
vCash: 500
Who knows, maybe they can finally convince Emelin to come over and start the season in Hamilton to get acclimated. He's finally putting up some offense in the last little while (7 assists in last 8 games, I believe).

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 03:40 PM
  #11
dre2112
Registered User
 
dre2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: US and A
Country: United States
Posts: 3,013
vCash: 500
Isn't Leblanc going to finish his 4 years at Harvard before going anywhere?

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 03:43 PM
  #12
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 25,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre2112 View Post
Isn't Leblanc going to finish his 4 years at Harvard before going anywhere?
no, not likely

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 03:59 PM
  #13
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,922
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre2112 View Post
Isn't Leblanc going to finish his 4 years at Harvard before going anywhere?
While its understandable that he COULD stay all 4 years at harvard

this kid was born in pointe claire, he knows where he's from, he knows he can finish his studies at harvard many years after his pro hockey career has started

he talks like he's gonna stay his whole stature at harvard but its clear he just doesnt want anything to do with the CHL, its clear he likes the NCAA/USA program, and its very plausible his goal is to be in hamilton asap, the road he appears to be taking is to stay away as far as possible from any type of canadian/canadien hype, taking it slow, and quiet, make his way through ncaa, to eventually get to the ahl and to eventually get to the NHL,

he knows what hes doing. and i like it.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 05:24 PM
  #14
katatoniak
Registered User
 
katatoniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jonquiere, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,279
vCash: 500
Leblanc and Kristo looks to be really confident in themselves. Kinda like Subban and Camalleri. I like those picks

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.