HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Scoreboard Watch

Old
03-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
With .500 hockey we have a 92% chance of making it. About 2 more wins and Ill be excited, still too close for me right now.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 04:43 PM
WalkmanX

vCash: 500
Well the evening started good tonight

Wild Beats the Flames 4-3

Now hope other teams can deliver aswell

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 07:45 PM
WalkmanX

Well Great come from behind win for us

in other news SJS is 2-0 behind EDM after 1
PHO leading DAL after 2 2-1

if the games would end like that Coyotes would move to second and Sharks would fall to 4th...and we are 5th atm

and the Ducks are leading against the avs 2-0 after 1

Just Hit me, the way the Sharks have been playing anyone thought about passing them?

Last edited by WalkmanX: 03-21-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old
03-21-2010, 08:34 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Nashville's Magic number is 12 points. Thus any combination of Nashville wins and Calgary loses leading to 12 points clinches a playoff spot. So 6 wins 6 Calgary losses.

101st's magic number was 93 points and Nashville is two wins away from that.

On sports club Stats, Nashville is 95+% change to go to the playoffs.

Pure and simple, the two hotest teams right now are Nashville and Phoenix. San Jose is doing it's traditional playoff suckage NOW and have lost 5 straight. In addition, this win put Nashville over it's point total of last year with 9 more games to go.

Simply put, the odds look good even when the good look odd. (Yes I DID steal that from someone)

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 11:11 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
who would have imagined, even as recently as a week ago, that the Preds and Sharks would be the 4/5 matchup???

crazy, I tell you...

you really have to wonder if the beatdown in the olympics didnt seriously screw Nabokovs psyche...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 11:15 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
who would have imagined, even as recently as a week ago, that the Preds and Sharks would be the 4/5 matchup???

crazy, I tell you...

you really have to wonder if the beatdown in the olympics didnt seriously screw Nabokovs psyche...
Not so sure but I think the beatdown he took tonight didn't help matters.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 02:34 AM
WalkmanX

Some Intresting matchups tonight Detroit playing Pittsburgh and Colorado playing LA.

I'm rooting for Pittsburgh and Colorado get it done boys...

Man it just hit me if we wouldn't have melted in the 3rd period in the Sharks game we would be 3pts behind them, but thats just a thought, maybe it was because of that breakdown our guys have played lights out after that

Last edited by WalkmanX: 03-22-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old
03-22-2010, 02:37 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Check out your all new playoff standings!!!

The standings this morning 3-22-10:

Rank. Team....GP W L OTL PTS
1. Chicago.....71 45 19 7 97
2. Phoenix......73 46 22 5 97
3. Vancouver..72 44 24 4 92

4. San Jose....72 43 19 10 96
5. NASHVILLE..73 42 26 5 89
6. Los Angeles.70 41 24 5 87
7. Colorado ....71 40 25 6 86
8. Detroit.......71 35 23 13 83

-----------------------------
9. Calgary......72 36 27 9 81
10.St.Louis.....72 34 29 9 77
11.Anaheim.....71 34 29 8 76
12.Minnesota..72 35 31 6 76
13.Dallas........72 31 27 14 76
14.Columbus...72 29 31 12 70
15.Edmonton..72 23 42 7 53 *eliminated

Western Conf. games on 3-22-10
Pittsburgh @ Detroit
Colorado @ LA

For once, everyone on here will say it with me...LET'S GO PENS!! LET'S GO PENS!! LET'S GO PENS!! And most importantly...IN REGULATION!!!

Phoenix has the most W's in the Western Conf and only 2 less than East leader Washington.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 06:00 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Been a Pens fan since I was a kid. I've been saying it with you for a while now

Of course, I also swear at Cindy Crosby

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 10:16 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Been a Pens fan since I was a kid. I've been saying it with you for a while now

Of course, I also swear at Cindy Crosby
High-five, dude. Penguins are my second favorite team. And against Detroit, anyone gets my cheers.

I can't believe we're in 5th! I know it's close but it feels so good right not to not be fighting for 8th. And just a few days ago we were moaning because San Jose slipped to 2nd and we were 7th, now they've slipped to 4th and we're 5th so we're still set to play them if the standings didn't change! It's our luck, hahah.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I think there is a good chance LA hops over us. I also think there is a good chance SJ gets their heads screwed on straight and takes back the division.

As a fan, I don't want San Jose. I would prefer any other team to them. We cannot beat them in the playoffs. Maybe we need to face them to exorcise our demons, but honestly, if we draw them in the first round, my expectations are low.....

03-22-2010, 10:34 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
And just a few days ago we were moaning because San Jose slipped to 2nd and we were 7th, now they've slipped to 4th and we're 5th so we're still set to play them if the standings didn't change! It's our luck, hahah.
I am so confused right now I don't know what to wish for. I've been complaining in another thread that we didn't pick up a top 6 goal scorer. And as a result we'll finish in 7th or 8th place and likely face San Jose in the first round.

So... Boyd scores two goals last night and Wilson is lighting the lamp (so much for my "top 6" complaints). Now San Jose has fallen to fourth place while we've climbed to the fifth slot. I couldn't be happier with a fifth place finish, but I'm still very nervous about facing the Sharks, losing streak or not, in the playoffs. I prefer Vancouver, L.A., or Colorado as a first round match-up.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 02:57 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

just amazing how many possible scenarios are still out there. at this point I would say our most likely matchup is a 3/6 with vancouver (yuk.. hate the late away games) or a 4/5 with phoenix or san jose.

LA and Colorado play each other 3 more times... if they split pretty evenly we can probably pass them both and get 5th.. if one or the other dominates(especially if its LA) that team will likely be 5th and the other will likely fall to 7th or 8th.

Old
03-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I'm scared to face Phoenix, personally. Sounds crazy, but I'd almost rather play the Sharks/Hawks. Phoenix is just so unpredictable and well coached. But I guess I should wait until we play them again before making judgment.

Man I wish there was some way we could play LA, but it doesn't look likely

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 06:31 PM
predfan24

Didn't think 9 games left in the season I would be confident enough to discuss future playoff foes. Not even 2 weeks ago was I even close to be confident enough! But I must say now I am.

Realistically we will be playing one of SJ,CHI,PHX,VAN. To be honest none of the teams make me feel any good feelings.

CHI- I would say they are the team I LEAST want to see. Yes, they have questionable goaltending but Huet doesn't have to be perfect playing behind the B-hawks. They have top end talent on both Forward and D and great depth to go along with it. Combine that with the fact that they are hungry after being eliminated in the Conference finals last year I can't see them bowing out 1st round.

SJ- Logic would say this should be the team you would want to face. They are struggling mightily right now. They are known playoff chokers. The problem is when they are clicking they might be the best team in the league. Nabokov can be elite. Their top line is the best in the league when on. Secondary scoring depth is there too. (Pavleski, Clowe, Setogucci) Not to mention a great PP QB in Boyle.

Van- Might be the best team in the WC right now. Elite Goaltender. Great top end forwards supplemented by great depth. (Kesler,Burrows,Samuellson,Raymond) On paper Defense isn't great but they seem to get the job done.

PHX- What can you say? Hottest team in the league right now. They actually remind me a lot of the Preds. NO superstars. Just a team with good depth that's hard to play against and beat. Especially when they get good goaltending.

I wouldn't even know who I would want to play.Certainly not confident against any of them. If I had to rank them.

PHX
SJ
VAN
CHI

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 06:37 PM
glenngineer

Chicago is really banged up on the blue line and without Campbell, Seabrook and Johnsson on top of their games, I don't see how they're going to get thru 4 rounds of playoffs let alone one.

Nabokov has given up more than 5 goals in how many starts since the break? Not a good sign for them as Greiss is not tested at all.

Vancouver is a two line team with a goalie who has been streaky as of late.

Phoenix has been the most consistent of the bunch all year but may be peaking too early.

That is my one fear about us, peaking too soon. Hopefully not.

Old
03-22-2010, 07:45 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

This team has proven already this season that it can be a dominating force when it has solid goaltending. The lowest of the lows for us this season happened during goalie rotations that killed the confidence of both netminders and, in return, killed the team's confidence in them. Peks is playing the strongest hockey of his NHL career right now with the only comparable stretch being earlier this season. I'm not worried about them peaking too early. I'm worried about two things: 1) staying healthy and 2) not becoming overly confidence. Over confidence breeds complacency. These guys need to be starving for it every time they touch their blades to the ice.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Detroit won tonight, how many points do they have?

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:51 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

BOO, Detroit won. None of the places have changed yet (though the Kings [6th] and Avs [7th] game just started), but it's so close that if we don't continue winning, we could slip down faster than we rose up. Gotta keep plugging away, even if we win by a one goal difference every night we have to make sure we come out playing just a little bit harder than the competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Detroit won tonight, how many points do they have?
They now have 85 points, still in 8th but only one behind 7th.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Right now I really don't care about the opponent in the playoffs. I would like the Sharks, because we do have a good rivalry with them, but bring anyone on.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 10:04 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Didn't think 9 games left in the season I would be confident enough to discuss future playoff foes. Not even 2 weeks ago was I even close to be confident enough! But I must say now I am.

Realistically we will be playing one of SJ,CHI,PHX,VAN. To be honest none of the teams make me feel any good feelings.

CHI- I would say they are the team I LEAST want to see. Yes, they have questionable goaltending but Huet doesn't have to be perfect playing behind the B-hawks. They have top end talent on both Forward and D and great depth to go along with it. Combine that with the fact that they are hungry after being eliminated in the Conference finals last year I can't see them bowing out 1st round.

SJ- Logic would say this should be the team you would want to face. They are struggling mightily right now. They are known playoff chokers. The problem is when they are clicking they might be the best team in the league. Nabokov can be elite. Their top line is the best in the league when on. Secondary scoring depth is there too. (Pavleski, Clowe, Setogucci) Not to mention a great PP QB in Boyle.

Van- Might be the best team in the WC right now. Elite Goaltender. Great top end forwards supplemented by great depth. (Kesler,Burrows,Samuellson,Raymond) On paper Defense isn't great but they seem to get the job done.

PHX- What can you say? Hottest team in the league right now. They actually remind me a lot of the Preds. NO superstars. Just a team with good depth that's hard to play against and beat. Especially when they get good goaltending.

I wouldn't even know who I would want to play.Certainly not confident against any of them. If I had to rank them.

PHX
SJ
VAN
CHI
the good news is you can flip that and say that the other teams are looking at Nashville and saying "Getting hot at the right time, red hot goalie, one of the best d-pairs in the game, a lot of secondary scoring, one of the best shut down lines in the league, well coached, dont take many penalties"

I dont think there are too many teams who would truly look forward to us as their first round opponent.. at least not right now...

Old
03-22-2010, 10:36 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
and penalties/PP goals become so important during the playoffs even though the refs tend to call less penalties. it can easily be argued that penalties was the nail in the coffin of the preds against the sharks both times. were as i just don't see that happening this year no matter who they play. between the top pairing of Weber and Suter and shutdown line they are able to play against top talent without hooking and holding like kariya and sullivan used to.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 11:46 PM
CloakroomCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Right now I really don't care about the opponent in the playoffs. I would like the Sharks, because we do have a good rivalry with them, but bring anyone on.
Personally I'd like someone new, if only because it would create a little more buzz I feel like then playing the Sharks again.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

3 point game in LA (Kings get 2 - leap frog us & Avs get 1)

Last edited by Joe T Choker: 03-23-2010 at 12:05 AM.
Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 12:07 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
3 point game in LA (Kings get 2 - leap frog us & Avs get 1)
Colorado has to win their next game just to tie us in the standings. I'm good with that.