HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators get 2 points for a light skate

Old
03-22-2010, 11:16 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooverick View Post
Halak was excellent.

McCreary did his usual screw job on the Sens, but couldn't help the Habs get one by Elliot in spite of his best efforts.

Sens getting no credit in this thread...truly shocking.

FYI....No one here really gives a crap about the Sens... You can go whine on your own board about McCreary.. No place for it here..

The Sens simply played a better game than the Habs tonight who didn't bring their A game.. Easy game to forget if you stayed awake during it..On to the next game..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
They were totally outmuscled by the Sens.
If they make the playoffs this will be like this game.
This team is not built for the playofffs.

They had very few scoring chances and 99% of their shots were from the perimeter.

News flash: They are too small.

They are boring too.
I agree that teams when willing to play our Habs in a physical manner seem to be able to limit them, however we did have our pp chances and could not convert, we live and die by the pp so we must convert more of those chances and like it or not, MAB seems to be able to be our Souray/Streit/Schneider. We miss his value not defensively but his shot on the pp. I would also like to see Price start against Buffalo, it would be ill advised to let him sit too long, if Halak were to get injured, we would need a rusty Price, I say give him a few starts, if he falters then sit him for the rest of the season.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 11:34 PM
LastRide

Habs suck against the Senators, Habs even lost against them first game when they come back into the league. I would like to know what our record is against them. Must be as pathetic as the Devils record.

LastRide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
Habs suck against the Senators, Habs even lost against them first game when they come back into the league. I would like to know what our record is against them. Must be as pathetic as the Devils record.
Not quite, but since 1997 it's been pretty weak.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 11:51 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Not quite, but since 1997 it's been pretty weak.
interestingly enough tonight they said the Habs and Sens are tied in the amount of wins with something like 47 wins each and 5 ties. Tonight was our 100 game against each other.

So it is pretty even.

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 12:26 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
I'm surprised theres no Tank threads. Kudos to you habs fans for sticking it to the man!

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 12:46 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbox View Post
On top of the bad habits that have crept back in, the PP is enough to make one leave the room. I made brownies.
Firstly, thanks for the laugh. I can see myself ripping that one off at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbox View Post
Clearly it'd kill JM to try one of the brothers on the point, no need to attempt resuscitating the man advantage... which should be enough to bail the team out on nights like these in crucial games to gain some much needed breathing room in the standings.
blahh
Secondly, I think JM knows what he's doing with regard to this issue. Having either of the brothers back there on the PP opens up the danger of a counter attack where the PKers can attack a forward for one thing, and for another could lead to an odd man rush against. As you can probably tell from the evidence in tonights game (coupled to that of previous games), giving up odd man rushes is primarily the responsibility of the Dmen. In effect, we would be playing forwards as Dmen and, apparently, our Dmen are playing as forwards. We have been in that situation in recent times and we know how it ends up (bingo call lineups, anyone?). Clearly what JM is doing is creating a boundary between people playing as forwards and people playing on D, so the players all know what position they will be in from game to game and it could save a small fortune in sports psychiatrists bills (...so remember Mr Plekanec, you are a forward, you play at centre and if you ever get worried again, just hold onto that thought. 3, 2, 1... you're back in the room).

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 12:47 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I could be wrong, because I only saw about 10 minutes of the 3rd, but AK looked totally useless. I suppose there is a good chance the rest of the team was too though. In one sequence he nullified a pp with a lazy high stick that was the result of a lazy play along the boards that cost him a foot race on a dump in, and then when he got out of the box, he fumbled a clear breakaway. I would cut the guy a little slack, but this is now 13 games in a row without a goal. He is simply a passenger on this team and I think when Cammy returns it is AK who should be scratched, not Pyatt.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 01:09 AM
elsubz

Sergei seriously needs more ice time. If Martin had given him an oppertunity on every PP we had I'm pretty sure would could have ended with at least a point. He was by far the most dynamic player tonight.

elsubz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 01:13 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
Isn't it wonderful. This game was not nearly as bad as the suicide bombers will have you believe.

Elliot played well, there were a number of chances generated. I've seen at least 20 games this year where the Habs played worse than tonight, many of them they won.

Give Sens and Elliot credit but this isn't a game to despair about.
Wow, exactly.

Neither team played at their best tonight, both teams have looked much better. Thats what happens in a tight 4 point game with playoff implications. Both goalies were quite good tonight but Elliott was in a zone and out did Halak on a night where scoring chances were pretty abundant on both sides.

If Leclaire was in net the way hes been playing lately you guys may have won that game 4-2 and youd be praising your team. Ottawa needed a win and got it, they built off of their last game against Dallas which they showed signs of life for the first time in 3-4 games. Ugly game, but sometimes these types of games are like that.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 01:25 AM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Wow, exactly.

Neither team played at their best tonight, both teams have looked much better. Thats what happens in a tight 4 point game with playoff implications. Both goalies were quite good tonight but Elliott was in a zone and out did Halak on a night where scoring chances were pretty abundant on both sides.

If Leclaire was in net the way hes been playing lately you guys may have won that game 4-2 and youd be praising your team. Ottawa needed a win and got it, they built off of their last game against Dallas which they showed signs of life for the first time in 3-4 games. Ugly game, but sometimes these types of games are like that.
Where were these abundant scoring chances you speak of? The habs were lucky to have one or two scoring chances the entire game. I bet Elliott won't have an easier shutout because he certainly wasn't tested much tonight

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 01:31 AM
QcnARF

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
Sergei seriously needs more ice time. If Martin had given him an oppertunity on every PP we had I'm pretty sure would could have ended with at least a point. He was by far the most dynamic player tonight.
No, no you've got it all wrong. Obviously Darche was the better choice here...

QcnARF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 01:43 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I could be wrong, because I only saw about 10 minutes of the 3rd, but AK looked totally useless. I suppose there is a good chance the rest of the team was too though. In one sequence he nullified a pp with a lazy high stick that was the result of a lazy play along the boards that cost him a foot race on a dump in, and then when he got out of the box, he fumbled a clear breakaway. I would cut the guy a little slack, but this is now 13 games in a row without a goal. He is simply a passenger on this team and I think when Cammy returns it is AK who should be scratched, not Pyatt.
lol yes you are wrong. He was teh best forward in his line and played just fine.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 02:04 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

I wish this team would throw there weight around alittle more, even the guys on our team who can hit don't seem to wanna go out of there way to do it. Sutton threw a couple nice hits, the kind that can really spark a team. Sadly I haven't seen very many good hits from the habs this year. We really miss the likes of Bouillion, Komi and Begin in that respect.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 02:33 AM
JackZap

boring game. Spacek nackto his old self again. 2 good games followed by 10 bad ones. Hamrlik looked slow out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
Sergei seemed like the only guy hustling out there tonight

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 03-23-2010 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Merge
JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 07:52 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
boring game. Spacek nackto his old self again. 2 good games followed by 10 bad ones. Hamrlik looked slow out there

Sergei seemed like the only guy hustling out there tonight
I thought Spacek played very well, he had to cover up for a lot of Hamrlik's brutal pinches and he was actually hitting the net with his shot.

Andrighetto Fabolous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 07:57 AM
TankEller*

I couldn't believe how they were saying Sergei was one the worst guys last night at "L'attaque 5"... He was awesome.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 08:00 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooverick View Post
Halak was excellent.

McCreary did his usual screw job on the Sens, but couldn't help the Habs get one by Elliot in spite of his best efforts.

Sens getting no credit in this thread...truly shocking.
Maybe it's because we don't give a flying **** about the Sens?

Stop trying to create a rivality with great classic teams like the Habs or the Leafs and stick to your problems... You've got a plenty.

I wonder what's more pathetic as a hockey market, Florida or Ottawa? At least Florida's and Tampa's fans know they're not a hockey market... Ottawa just keeps trying to convince themselves they're a great hockey city

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Capitano

I was a bit surprised because the game lacked intensity from both teams. Credit to the Sens for winning a big game at the end of the day though.

Gotta win wednesday...

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 09:36 AM
zzoo

What happens to our deadly Power Play ?

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 09:40 AM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
What happens to our deadly Power Play ?
JM refuses to put a foward at the point.... and its clear we need MAB and Cammy back on the PP

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
Isn't it wonderful. This game was not nearly as bad as the suicide bombers will have you believe.

Elliot played well, there were a number of chances generated. I've seen at least 20 games this year where the Habs played worse than tonight, many of them they won.

Give Sens and Elliot credit but this isn't a game to despair about.
Expect mediocrity.

Just because you've done worse before doesn't excuse a pathetic showing in a game of this magnitude.

Our PP was horrid and it could've gone a long way to end this in regulation. This was just a bad game, the team was not committed to outworking the Sens and in the end, we're back to where we were about a week ago.

Not like it's broken beyond repair, but this was one game that's gonna be hard to forget.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 09:45 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
JM refuses to put a foward at the point.... and its clear we need MAB and Cammy back on the PP
oh, so that's the magical solution!

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 09:46 AM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
oh, so that's the magical solution!
dude relax with the condescending reply, i was talkin about yesterday.. im sure skos and akos wuda done much better than spacek at the point. Also did you read what after the part you highlighted

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
Where were these abundant scoring chances you speak of? The habs were lucky to have one or two scoring chances the entire game. I bet Elliott won't have an easier shutout because he certainly wasn't tested much tonight
He made 29 saves and made some pretty good ones. If you've seen our goaltending recently youd understand how a couple of those shots going in would have completely changed the perception of your team played tonight.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote