HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Already banned on another board

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2003, 05:18 AM
officeglen

vCash: 500
Already banned on another board

I would like to receive comments on the following exchange on another board. Although I deleted the name of the forum, Iím not sure if this is appropriate or not to HF (though doesnít clearly break any defined rule), so moderators feel free to delete this post. I was using a feature similar to the nice HF marketplace.

------

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
I have two tickets for sale to see the Detroit game - 2nd level ends - cost of game if purchased as single game would be $95 + %20 premium -> I will sell at $100 (per ticket) and can also provide parking pass for $7.50.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxxx forum
You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen2
Since you have banned me from the forum for posting this offer, why don't you then delete it (please)? Fans wanting to buy tickets to the opening night game pay 119.25 per ticket - here I am offering two tickets at $100 each, a savings of almost $40. Perhaps you could explain to me why this is wrong, but, more importantly, if you are banning me then delete my posts so users do not get frustrated in not being able to reply to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
I have two tickets for sale to see opening night game against Montreal (Thursday Oct. 9th) - 2nd level ends - cost of game if purchased as single game would be $95 + %10 premium -> I will sell at $100, can also provide parking pass for $7.50, and if purchased will also provide for free two tickets to see the Sens-Habs pre-season game Saturday Oct. 4 (middle of the third level).
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxxx forum
You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen2
Since you have banned me from the forum for posting this offer, why don't you then delete it? Fans wanting to buy tickets to the opening night game pay 109.75 per ticket - here I am offering two tickets at $100 each, and pre-season game provided for free. Perhaps you could explain to me why this is wrong.
--------

Any comments positive or negative appreciated, and also comments on whether I will be able to post the same ads on HF Marketplace, and whether I should/must delete this thread.

Old
09-27-2003, 05:42 AM
Puck
Ninja

I wouldn't take it personal o'glen. It is probably an automatic ban. You know, if they make an exception for you, then they have to do the same for everybody else. And then they throw the old 'ignorance of the rules is not a defence, blah blah'.....

With this knowledge, the trick now is to figure out how to get some Leaf fans to sell some tix over here at the Sens board.

Old
09-27-2003, 06:16 AM
Hossa

As for if you did anything wrong, if you had posted this on HF, I would in all likelihood, move it to the HF Marketplace, although because this Sens board is a smaller community where everybody does know everybody and I've never had any problems at all, I might let it stay for a while, to see if you got any interest, then I'd move it. To be honest though, I don't know the Marketplace protocol, so if you're in doubt, just PM Buffaloed or the board mod.

I don't see what you're doing wrong. Unless this is the Official Senators Forum, I can't see why trying to sell tickets online would be a problem. You clearly aren't a scalper, you just happen to have two tickets It's probably, as Yokel said, an automatic ban.

Old
09-27-2003, 06:20 AM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa
As for if you did anything wrong, if you had posted this on HF, I would in all likelihood, move it to the HF Marketplace, although because this Sens board is a smaller community where everybody does know everybody and I've never had any problems at all, I might let it stay for a while, to see if you got any interest, then I'd move it.

I don't see what you're doing wrong. Unless this is the Official Senators Forum, I can't see why trying to sell tickets online would be a problem. You clearly aren't a scalper, you just happen to have two tickets It's probably, as Yokel said, an automatic ban.
No it was not the official sens site - where it would clearly be wrong (since the team wants to sell more tickets).

Btw these are extra tickets - I wouldn't miss Roger Neilson night for the world - I'll have tears in my eyes for sure.

Old
09-27-2003, 12:01 PM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegarrioch
I guess you are the same Glen from that site. As I posted over there, I don't know the difference between scalping and selling tickets. To me, you did nothing wrong and it was probably a misunderstanding because of the "premium" price that was added. Although that is a Senators feature. My suggestion is to PM that board administrator or the moderators and they will give you a straight answer. If you are unable to, I will gladly PM them for you and pass along the response.
Thanks big guy. They deleted my posts (and whole threads too) as requested, so no problem with that. Since I don't understand their posting rules (or undocumented rules) on ticket selling I'm going to stay away from that one and use HF marketplace instead.

I plan to delete this thread here too if nobody has a problem with me doing that. Please let me know by midnight EST saturday if I shouldn't, and moderators feel free of course to delete it earlier.

Edit: Just in case anybody reading this thread has misunderstood - the Senators (not me) charge a premium of 20% on Leafs, Wings, and Avs games (since Leafs game sell out anyways, and Wings and Avs only play one game all year here), and 10% on Habs games. So my selling price is a fair bit below the Senators premium prices.

Closed Thread