HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you go see a scab NHL?

View Poll Results: Would you go see a scab NHL?
I am a current season ticket holder and I would not renew my tickets. 11 18.64%
I am a current season ticket holder and I would renew my tickets. 3 5.08%
I am not a season ticket holder and I would attend more NHL games than I usually would. 4 6.78%
I am not a season ticket holder and I would attend the same amount of NHL games. 12 20.34%
I am not a season ticket holder and I would attend fewer NHL games than I normally would. 29 49.15%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2005, 07:31 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid
Its pretty disappointing that u guys refer to these guys as scabs...they may not be the same calibur as the nhlers but there still world class athletes and i'm sure there much better than anyone on these boards including myself.
Not really. Are replacement players those who would have never had a shot if the NHLPA was in business? Yes they are. Calling them "world-class athletes" is a disservice the the real NHL players who are. A collection of ECHLers, the Rob Rays of the world and a bunch from the local roller league is hardly world class.

Old
02-07-2005, 08:19 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

No

Old
02-07-2005, 08:29 AM
Pearl Necklace

Not sure if I'd go to more games since they are so expensive, but I would definitely renew the NHL Center Ice package.

Old
02-07-2005, 02:37 PM
doubled

I agree, I answered the fewer, but actually would not pay to see scabs! SO NONE, NOT GOING, NO WAY, NO HOW!

Old
02-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Out West

Not a strike...

This is a Lock-out not a Strike...So they really would be replacement players...Not Scabs...Quality of players.?.Inexperienced but there is a lot of talent out there...When's the last time NHL fans went out and watched NCAA Div 1 or Major Junior Hockey (Don't forget Europe) .?.You'd rather watch Messier (Don't get me wrong...I'm from Edmonton and watched Messier play all those years...The best, baby...) I'd think players with NHL farm teams would consider...In the last 10 years the quality of play in the NHL has taken a nose dive...Boring hockey for the most part played by some very wealthy guys...NHL needs to do something about the quality of the game...Fresh start with unknowns would give some of these guys the kick in the ass they need...Ask yourselves this...Are you more concerned about your Union / Non Union opinions or the quality of the game.?.By the way, it seems to me that the WHA did very well with the players that they had...If you want a team where everyone is a Super Star...Go out and shell $100.00+ a seat...

Old
02-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Yes, scabs...

In order to get to replacement players, the NHL would have to declare an impasse and unilaterally impose their last proposed CBA. At that point, the players would choose to either accept the new CBA or strike. It's very unlikely that the majority of the players would accept it, so yes, replacement players would be scabs in the common definition.

As for the rest of your post, I don't really understand your point. Are you trying to argue that the level of play in the NHL would be better if the most talented players were removed from the game?

Old
02-08-2005, 08:05 PM
NYR469

for me it depends on who the scabs are...are we talking about a large number of nhlers and top prospects crossing the line or are we talking about paying nhl prices to watch echlers?

Old
02-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Out West

No...Not Scabs...

Taking the most talented players out of the game to improve the NHL.?.Short term, possibly...Long term...That statement would be, well, dumb...No one has to go watch replacement players if they don't want too...But, you know and I know real hockey fans will go to the games...The "Best" players will show up and take the going rate...If not...Let them retire...One other poster alluded to World Class athletes at other levels of hockey...There are some great kids out there in other leagues...Must be...Every year the Entry Draft consists of almost 300 players...Young...But certainly some are great prospects who might have to play NHL sooner than they've expected...If you live in the USA, take in NCAA Division 1 hockey...Canada, CHL or Junior A...These are the guys coming up...No...Not scabs...

Closed Thread