HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If you had to pick one: Denis Gauthier or Randy Jones?

View Poll Results: Who would you pick?
Denis Gauthier 40 65.57%
Randy Jones 21 34.43%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-22-2010, 09:41 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Jones. Gauthier is one of the worst players I've ever seen, and I had to watch him on both of my favorite teams, as I did with Jones and Modry.

Gauthier doesn't even have a contract...anywhere. That speaks for itself.
Let's wait to see if anyone signs Jones after this year to use this as an argument.

The Kings seemed to be the only ones willing to take Goats expiring contract, and then no one else would pick him up. Jones seems to be heading in that same exact direction. Only difference being we actually traded for Gauthier whereas Jones was only acceptable to be picked up for free and at half price.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Sybil227

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Jones. Gauthier is one of the worst players I've ever seen, and I had to watch him on both of my favorite teams, as I did with Jones and Modry.

Gauthier doesn't even have a contract...anywhere. That speaks for itself.
This.

Goat was a post with the hockey sense of a baboon. I'm not talking a lively, swinging baboon, either. One that, if handed a hockey stick, might try to put it in it's mouth to see if it tasted good. Or might try to use it to pull some bananas closer to get an easy meal. No, I'm talking a dead baboon. One that died thousands of years ago and whose remains have broken down into individual molecules and atoms and been scattered to the four winds.

Jones makes too many mistakes. But he can skate. And he can provide some offense. As long as he's paired with Matt Greene - that'll keep his mistakes in check.

Sybil227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 11:52 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

The residual hatred from one bad pass against Detroit runs deep and strong

Old
03-23-2010, 02:26 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Argument?
Yes.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 02:34 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Randy Jones:

Denis Gauthier:

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 02:45 AM
markisonfire

I can't possibly see how you guys can pick Goat over Jones. Aside from the last (Chicago or Colorado, I think Chicago...) game where Richardson made that ill-advised pass to the middle and Jones was out of position, I don't think Jones has cost us nearly as many games as Gautier did last season. Remember the Detroit game where he made a sweet pass to Zetts or whoever it was to score with like 3 minutes left in the third? Uggh, thank god he is not still on the team.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Randy Jones:

Denis Gauthier:
I'll take the wider one, thanks.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 01:20 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Yes.
I can see why you have success in court.

Old
03-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Skebo

Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
If we are just considering their on ice play, then I go with Gauthier. If cost and/or cost to acquire is to be considered then maybe I give Jones more consideration. But I just can't stand Jones and I just can not bring myself to select him in this poll. At least Gauthier got under the skin of the opponents. Jones just get's under the skin of the fans and his teammates. How many times is Jones going to stand-up at the offensive blueline or even in the neutral zone before he realizes that 99% of NHL players can get past him without even trying?

Did you see the look on Greene's face after he got hung out to dry by Jones again leading to the game tying goal at 4:54 in the 3rd? Greene just looks up at the scoreboard and you can almost hear him thinking about how tired he is with being paired with Jones. I mean really, look at the replay. The Avs have full control of the puck and are breaking out. There is no reason for Jones to be standing flat footed at the center red line along the boards. There is no Avs player near him and he has completely given away the center of the ice to Mueller and Duchene.

Skebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Johnny Utah

Gauthier had that god awful give away agaisnt Detroit last year that cost us the game, but he had a mean streak, which I liked.

When Jones arrived, he was pretty good, then he sucked, and now he is somewhere in between.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote