HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Theres Gotta Be Some Hope, Right?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-23-2010, 10:12 PM
  #1
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...
 
usahockey22flyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Jersey, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500
Theres Gotta Be Some Hope, Right?

post positives that you saw tonight.. ill start, JVR looked good

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:32 PM
  #2
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
LOST was really good.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:33 PM
  #3
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,863
vCash: 500
They didn't lose 3-0?

Wait - I have one. No Flyer needed to be helped off the ice after the crap boarding non-calls.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:34 PM
  #4
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,123
vCash: 500
When Richard got knocked around trying to kill the Man in Black, he should have been wearing a Flyers jersey.

The PK was good.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:36 PM
  #5
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philly Area
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
post positives that you saw tonight.. ill start, JVR looked good
I'm positive the Flyers suck.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:38 PM
  #6
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
LOST was really good.
damn you smoke monster *shakes fist*

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:43 PM
  #7
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,024
vCash: 500
Umm...well there was that one time where, umm...hmm...oh yea remember, hmm....oh what about, ahh never mind.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:44 PM
  #8
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...
 
usahockey22flyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Jersey, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500
there we go pk was good.. gotta be better on thursday.. i got faith in our boys.. Go Flyers!!

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:44 PM
  #9
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,123
vCash: 500
Gary Bettman and Benjamin Linus: separated at birth?


BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:01 PM
  #10
Joey Mac
Registered User
 
Joey Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,007
vCash: 500
one day closer to getting carter back

Joey Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:07 PM
  #11
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,611
vCash: 500
I kinda hope we miss the playoffs. The way we're playing now..we wont make it far. If we miss them, I see Snider losing it and stripping this organization apart, and building around Pronger, Richards, and Laviolette.

The players have no heart (although I was thrilled to see Gagne stand up for himself tonight). I wouldnt mind seeing Coburn, Carle, Carter, Briere, Hartnell all out of here next season...and get some guys who give a damn. I'm sick of the Olde City gang.

edit: and get a damn goalie too.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:12 PM
  #12
Joey Mac
Registered User
 
Joey Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I kinda hope we miss the playoffs. The way we're playing now..we wont make it far. If we miss them, I see Snider losing it and stripping this organization apart, and building around Pronger, Richards, and Laviolette.

The players have no heart (although I was thrilled to see Gagne stand up for himself tonight). I wouldnt mind seeing Coburn, Carle, Carter, Briere, Hartnell all out of here next season...and get some guys who give a damn. I'm sick of the Olde City gang.

edit: and get a damn goalie too.
i'd rather see richards gone before carter... my personal opinion

Joey Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:14 PM
  #13
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Mac View Post
i'd rather see richards gone before carter... my personal opinion
It's close...I think if Richie gets stripped of the C and demoted a couple lines, that might light a fire under him.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:16 PM
  #14
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
It's close...I think if Richie gets stripped of the C and demoted a couple lines, that might light a fire under him.
What exactly did you see out of Richards that would lead you to think the C needs to be stripped?

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:17 PM
  #15
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,183
vCash: 500
Only real positives are Boosh, the PK, and Lappy.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:22 PM
  #16
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
What exactly did you see out of Richards that would lead you to think the C needs to be stripped?
A future Hall of Famer, former MvP on Defense who should have the C

And the fact that after every game this season...someone has mentioned in interviews that the team needs to play a full 60 mins/more intensity, etc. etc....yet the team has come out flat most of the games this season. I'm sick of hearing all these things that need to be changed in postgame interviews, and nothing happening

If they played to their full potential, they'd probably be 1st in the division, regardless of injuries or goalie.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:24 PM
  #17
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Mac View Post
i'd rather see richards gone before carter... my personal opinion
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Other than shooting Richards triumphs Carter in every category so shake yourself.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:29 PM
  #18
Claude28Giroux
praiseG
 
Claude28Giroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lewiston, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
You can probably find a spine at your local lost and found in the Philadelphia area.

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:33 PM
  #19
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
It's close...I think if Richie gets stripped of the C and demoted a couple lines, that might light a fire under him.
Jesus Christ, what the hell is wrong with you people? Richards isn't the problem. Hes one of the only guy you can count on every night to give you a solid effort. The problem with Richards game is the people hes playing with. Like I said a while ago, Gagne is a 3rd line player at this point in his career, and when it comes to Carcillo, I really like him, but he doesn't have the hands to play on the first line so essentially Richie is playing with two 3rd liners...so please explain how the **** is he supposed to get anything done with those line mates?

And if your issue with Richie is leadership related my question would be what has he done to have the C ripped off his chest? Because I can't think of anything. He can't play for Briere, Hartnell, and Gagne, nor can Pronger. It doesn't matter what either Richie or Prongs do because this team is ****ing done. Too many washed up veterans and too many players trying to play outside of their abilities. The only thing we have to look forward to is a first round exit, a salary dump, and a youth movement next year.

Speaking of next year, I wonder what the lines will look like?

JVR-Richie-Briere
Leino-Carter-?
Gagne-Giroux-Legein


Last edited by Mgkibbles: 03-23-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:47 PM
  #20
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,447
vCash: 500
Only positives this game was Richards, Betts, and Lappy

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:51 PM
  #21
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Jesus Christ, what the hell is wrong with you people? Richards isn't the problem. Hes one of the only guy you can count on every night to give you a solid effort. The problem with Richards game is the people hes playing with. Like I said a while ago, Gagne is a 3rd line player at this point in his career, and when it comes to Carcillo, I really like him, but he doesn't have the hands to play on the first line so essentially Richie is playing with two 3rd liners...so please explain how the **** is he supposed to get anything done with those line mates?

And if your issue with Richie is leadership related my question would be what has he done to have the C ripped off his chest? Because I can't think of anything. He can't play for Briere, Hartnell, and Gagne, nor can Pronger. It doesn't matter what either Richie or Prongs do because this team is ****ing done. Too many washed up veterans and too many players trying to play outside of their abilities. The only thing we have to look forward to is a first round exit, a salary dump, and a youth movement next year.

Speaking of next year, I wonder what the lines will look like?

JVR-Richie-Briere
Leino-Carter-?
Gagne-Giroux-Legein
Powe, Lappy, Carcillo and Betts all stay too. You can't forget them.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:54 PM
  #22
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Powe, Lappy, Carcillo and Betts all stay too. You can't forget them.
So pretty much the same team as this season minus a few players? If we wanna win, we are going to need change, on offense/defense and of course goalie wise.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:55 PM
  #23
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Gary Bettman and Benjamin Linus: separated at birth?


infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:59 PM
  #24
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Powe, Lappy, Carcillo and Betts all stay too. You can't forget them.
I can live without Powe and Lappy-Betts-Carcillo would be my 4th line.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 12:01 AM
  #25
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
So pretty much the same team as this season minus a few players? If we wanna win, we are going to need change, on offense/defense and of course goalie wise.
Lappy has been fantastic, Betts is a ****ing amazing bargain for what he brings. You're talking about giving away very good PKers andf believe me we will need their grinding ability, PK skills, Lappy's shot blocking and Betts' faceoff skills next season.

And Powe is a guy that perfectly fits a 4th liner role. I really don't think blowing up the team is the way to go. We need pieces not a whole new ****ing puzzle buddy.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.