HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stars @ Predators ~~ March 23, 2010 7:00PM

Old
03-23-2010, 10:21 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
An off night all around for the team. I can accept one of those every seven games or so.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Predator119

Even Suter and Weber have been off... their passes not quite in the right place

Predator119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Predator119

Finally... its over

Old
03-23-2010, 10:25 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Well that was ugly.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Predator119

At least the Ducks tied it

Old
03-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Predator119

I spoke too soon..... I hate Corey Perry... he screws us over even when he's not playing against us. He just pulled an Erat-esque circle of the zone with possession only to give up a break away from the Flames blueline . Amazing

Old
03-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
I'll start by saying this: I was bargaining with God in my mind saying that if we won last night, I'd be okay with losing the next one. I didn't drive nearly 6 hours to first-handedly witness a loss! So if we lose the next one, you guys can blame me.

Stars played a perfect road game and we allowed them to do it without putting up much of a fight...

As 101st said, I'll take a loss, no matter how bad we look, from time to time as I think it serves as a reminder that things don't come easy in this league...but that being said...we've gotta rebound and come out ready to outwork another defensive oriented team Thursday night vs. Phoenix...

Again though... at SabreTooth for selling this game down the toilet...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:37 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Hey guys, so I didn't get to watch the game (listened to most) because I'm stuck at work. From a Nashville perspective, do you take this game as a bad game by your team, great game by Lehtonen, or something else?

Not trying to hijack your GDT, just curious what your perspective is. Thanks.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:43 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Hey guys, so I didn't get to watch the game (listened to most) because I'm stuck at work. From a Nashville perspective, do you take this game as a bad game by your team, great game by Lehtonen, or something else?

Bad game pretty much all around by the Preds ... terrible passing by us, too little traffic in front of the net, too many turnovers, a general lack of energy.

But the Admirals beat the baby Stars. (got to find some good news today). Now to go renew my seats in Cedar Park so I can cheer on the Ads again next season.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:30 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator119 View Post
Even Suter and Weber have been off... their passes not quite in the right place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator119 View Post
Finally... its over
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Well that was ugly.

I couldn't keep track of all the line permutations, hope they get something figured out tomorrow.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:43 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:

Very lackluster play from the Preds. Not sure if they were gassed or what, but the entire game they played sloppy, bad passes, no hustle, no heart. The Stars played a decent game, got their goals and sat on it.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 12:02 AM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

Hopefully Arnz will be back and ready to kick some ass. I miss the Wilson,Arnz,Erat line so much!
Posted via Mobile Device

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 12:02 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:

Well, it's true we looked sad.

But in the postgame Trotz said we were in trouble once behind because Dallas played "the checking game" really well. So he gave the Stars some props as to why we didn't get better scoring chances.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 12:07 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post
Hopefully Arnz will be back and ready to kick some ass. I miss the Wilson,Arnz,Erat line so much!
Posted via Mobile Device
Anybody want to start a thread wondering if we are better without Jason Arnott?

We lose ground without Ward as well. We had no grit around the net. (except of course Hornqvist) I thought that would be Wilson's house tonight, but I didn't see him grinding it out either.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 12:10 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

It's true that Dallas turned the trap on hardcore when we went down 2 goals, but we had been doing the job of keeping everything to the perimeter ourselves for 2 periods before that. Don't let the shot total fool you, Lehtonen didn't have much in the way of a test, tonight.

Very flat game, very little passion or intensity, nearly zero puck pursuit in the offensive zone. Every so often, it's like we forget what makes us successful, and we get burned by it every time. Not to mention it was probably the single most boring game to watch as a fan all season.

All you can hope for is that we right the ship and put forth a better effort on Thursday. And that shouldn't be hard to do, considering we sleepskated this one for 60 minutes.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 12:19 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Don't let the shot total fool you, Lehtonen didn't have much in the way of a test, tonight.
Agreed 100%. Total shots tonight were 70-32 in favor of the Preds, but Lehtonen had very few legitimate scoring chances to foil. Not nearly enough traffic to the net allowed him to see pucks all night long.

Just a poor game all around for the Preds and give Dallas credit for capitalizing and not giving us any chance to get back into it...

Old
03-24-2010, 03:45 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Too soft, too slow, too sloppy. Players were just kind of there. They really looked tired. There were spurts of good, but overall it was just a lack of intensity. Dallas played a good road defensive game, though they weren't exactly great either. Lehtonen outplayed Rinne and that was really the biggest difference. Rinne made some great stops, but he wasn't "on" like he has been the last 2 weeks.

It was good to see Brandon Segal in the NHL. I always liked him and wished the Preds had given him a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Poile said he is very interested in getting Bouillon re-signed. O'Reilly has another year on his deal and Boyd will be signed as an RFA...

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 07:36 AM
Seth Lake

I'm so used to it know that I don't know why I'm surprised when it happens, but seriously...what is up with the headline writers at the TNn?

Today the game recap from last night is entitled, "Predators Fumble Away Victory" and the notes article is carrying the title, "Jason Arnott Defends Absence"...

"Fumble away victory???" In all my life, I don't think I've ever seen that phrase associated with a hockey game...

And why there was a need to try to place any onus on Arnott for sitting out last night is beyond me. The guy with a history of two concussions in the past two seasons receives head trauma Saturday night. He sits out the remainder of the game and doesn't travel with the team Sunday. Passes tests Monday, undergoes a workout without any issues and takes part in full pre-game skate yesterday before simply making the decision to give it one more game before jumping back in.

It's not like Arnott decided to sit out last night to go partying. The guy has a legitimate injury and presented with the opportunity to take one more night to sit out, rest, and make sure everything is fine...he took advantage of it because ultimately he knows that the team will need him far more down the stretch and throughout the playoffs than they did last night. Why there is any need to portray him as having to defend the decision is beyond ridiculous...

Old
03-24-2010, 08:20 AM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

Quote:
I'm so used to it know that I don't know why I'm surprised when it happens, but seriously...what is up with the headline writers at the TNn?

Today the game recap from last night is entitled, "Predators Fumble Away Victory" and the notes article is carrying the title, "Jason Arnott Defends Absence"...

"Fumble away victory???" In all my life, I don't think I've ever seen that phrase associated with a hockey game...

And why there was a need to try to place any onus on Arnott for sitting out last night is beyond me. The guy with a history of two concussions in the past two seasons receives head trauma Saturday night. He sits out the remainder of the game and doesn't travel with the team Sunday. Passes tests Monday, undergoes a workout without any issues and takes part in full pre-game skate yesterday before simply making the decision to give it one more game before jumping back in.

It's not like Arnott decided to sit out last night to go partying. The guy has a legitimate injury and presented with the opportunity to take one more night to sit out, rest, and make sure everything is fine...he took advantage of it because ultimately he knows that the team will need him far more down the stretch and throughout the playoffs than they did last night. Why there is any need to portray him as having to defend the decision is beyond ridiculous...

I've read on other sites and the general forum here that people thinks he does indeed, take breaks. They keep saying that Arnz is known to take vacation days at the end of the season. I'm with you, he had a legitimate injury and would of played if he could. Ridiculous that anybody thinks else wise.

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 08:23 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post
I've read on other sites and the general forum here that people thinks he does indeed, take breaks. They keep saying that Arnz is known to take vacation days at the end of the season. I'm with you, he had a legitimate injury and would of played if he could. Ridiculous that anybody thinks else wise.
Arnott has struggled with consistency throughout his career for various reasons, but has never to my knowledge actually sat out a game without a legitimate reason. If a player is injured, they don't have any reason to defend themselves. I don't like the way the headline was written and really don't think it represents the "update" that was provided within the article...

Old
03-24-2010, 09:48 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Well that really sucked.

Monday night I had so much homework that I literally never went to sleep, so by the time of the game last night I had been awake for nearly 36 hours. The guys played like I felt. At least Phoenix lost too so their streak is over as well.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Arnott has struggled with consistency throughout his career for various reasons, but has never to my knowledge actually sat out a game without a legitimate reason. If a player is injured, they don't have any reason to defend themselves. I don't like the way the headline was written and really don't think it represents the "update" that was provided within the article...

No, but he certainly can seem to suit up and play like he's "sitting out" for stretches at a time. Acknowledging that and owning up to the fact that I like to call him the Invisible Man (stole that from whomever started that nickname) from time to time, I totally agree the tone of that Tennrag article was absolutely ridiculous. I'll be the first one to jump on #19 for slacking, but given his injury history and age, I was 100% in support of not playing him in this particular situation.

Now, none of this has anything to do with the poor effort last night. I think a full analysis of what the Preds problem was last night can be summed up like this:

HEY PREDATORS, STOP GOING TO http://www.sportsclubstats.com/ TO SEE WHAT YOUR CHANCES OF MAKING THE PLAYOFFS ARE! THE LEAGUE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN AND IF YOU MAKE IT!! UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, YOU MUST PLAY OUT THE REMAINING SCHEDULED GAMES!!

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
No, but he certainly can seem to suit up and play like he's "sitting out" for stretches at a time. Acknowledging that and owning up to the fact that I like to call him the Invisible Man (stole that from whomever started that nickname) from time to time, I totally agree the tone of that Tennrag article was absolutely ridiculous. I'll be the first one to jump on #19 for slacking, but given his injury history and age, I was 100% in support of not playing him in this particular situation.

Now, none of this has anything to do with the poor effort last night. I think a full analysis of what the Preds problem was last night can be summed up like this:

HEY PREDATORS, STOP GOING TO http://www.sportsclubstats.com/ TO SEE WHAT YOUR CHANCES OF MAKING THE PLAYOFFS ARE! THE LEAGUE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN AND IF YOU MAKE IT!! UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, YOU MUST PLAY OUT THE REMAINING SCHEDULED GAMES!!
Me! Me!

seriously though, glad he sat out last night. We don't want him any more injured. I think we should sit out all of our guys (especially Erat and Hornqvist) against the blues. Too risky

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 09:59 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4050
a bad game is one thing, but the killer was that the game was bad AND boring on top of that.

Erat drove me nuts in particular, did he think he was getting paid by the give-away last night?

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
a bad game is one thing, but the killer was that the game was bad AND boring on top of that.

Erat drove me nuts in particular, did he think he was getting paid by the give-away last night?
I think we should give Rinne a rest for a game or two. Looks like he needs a little nap.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote