HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Darcy Tucker suspended 1 game for Reckless play on Greene

Old
03-23-2010, 08:54 PM
riseandfall9

vCash: 500
Darcy Tucker suspended 1 game for Reckless play on Greene

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=315213

Kinda strange. I didnt think it was worthy of a suspention. I thought that Greene pretty much fell on his own even though Tucker was putting a little bit of excessive pressure on him.

11,000 hahaha .

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:00 PM
William H Bonney

I don't like Tucker but it's crazy that he can get suspended for something like that but guys like Richards and Cooke get off free and easy. Mind boggling.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 12:52 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I was at the game at the Forum when Mark Tinordi broke his leg going back to get the icing call. For those of you who play rec hockey it's probably the scariest routine play you do. You're at full speed and you can only turn so sharp at that speed. I can only imagine having Darcy Tucker on my shoulder. I don't like the no touch icing but this play seems like a problem for the NHL. On the one hand it looked as though Greene lost his edge. On the other he probably lost his edge because Tucker was on his shoulder. Terry Murray demands his dman gets that icing call while Joe Sacco demands Tucker get to the puck before Greene. If Tucker just sort of lets up on Greene what do you think Sacco will do to his ice time as a result? And where would the Kings be if Greene had caught his leg under him and broke it over an icing call?

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Chruceg

Tucker was suspended because he made no effort to play the puck not because Greene fell. Watch it again, as Greene is beginning to turn to follow the puck Tucker rides him into the boards. The play certainly looks worse because Greene lost his edge but the rules of suspensions regarding icing is really clear. A one game suspension is just right.

It's also interestingly appropriate that Tucker will miss a game against the Kings.

Chruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 01:15 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Tucker should be suspended once every 10th game solely out of principle.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 01:17 AM
LA Kings Cup Champs

Looking at the track record of the league, this suspension is weird and almost unbelievable. Yet, at the same time, I like this suspension, and it shows me that the league has finally decided to clean up the game from the stupid, unnecessary **** that takes place sometimes.

Two thumbs up!

LA Kings Cup Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Winger23

IMO this is not a suspension if not occuring on an icing call.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy Squid View Post
Looking at the track record of the league, this suspension is weird and almost unbelievable. :
It's because the hits to the head ruling became official yesterday.
I am no Tucker fan, but this is a b.s. suspension.

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
It's because the hits to the head ruling became official yesterday.
I am no Tucker fan, but this is a b.s. suspension.
It was icing man. You can't have players driving guys through the boards on icing calls. I understand Greene lost an edge. Tucker should not have been making contact in the first place, he should have been attempting to play the puck first to prevent the icing call. During the replaces they even have a camera focused in on the linesman yelling at the players its going to be icing.

I don't think it was a dirty play, and again don't think it warrents a suspension if its not on an icing call.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
It was icing man. You can't have players driving guys through the boards on icing calls. I understand Greene lost an edge. Tucker should not have been making contact in the first place, he should have been attempting to play the puck first to prevent the icing call. During the replaces they even have a camera focused in on the linesman yelling at the players its going to be icing.

I don't think it was a dirty play, and again don't think it warrents a suspension if its not on an icing call.
I am aware that it was icing and saw the same broadcast and actually agree with everything but your last sentence.

I think Tucker got this suspension because of his reputation and the timing of the head shot rule. I think it this had been a guy like Zetterberg involved with Greene, there wouldn't have been a suspension.

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote