HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Homer - Please add a few European forwards into the mix

Old
03-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
and when we pick Europeans try to actually bring them back here. Do not wait 5 years and then bring them back. 2-3 years max.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 01:21 PM
iceman42

Well I think the Euro and Russian thing is getting way overblown. We have Bodrov and Popov plus there are reports that Denis' brother is drawing interest from the Flyers and Sergei Bobrovsky is being looked at by the Flyers.

I do think that the Flyers do not place a high value in scouting Europe, why? I have no idea. With all the money they throw at players you would think that they would spare no expense to keep the pipeline stocked. However if you look at it with all the money they throw at players why do they seem to undervalue goaltender.

iceman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 01:25 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman42 View Post
Well I think the Euro and Russian thing is getting way overblown. We have Bodrov and Popov plus there are reports that Denis' brother is drawing interest from the Flyers and Sergei Bobrovsky is being looked at by the Flyers.

I do think that the Flyers do not place a high value in scouting Europe, why? I have no idea. With all the money they throw at players you would think that they would spare no expense to keep the pipeline stocked. However if you look at it with all the money they throw at players why do they seem to undervalue goaltender.
Guys like Klotz and Rinaldo are garbage type of picks, might aswell take a young euro and hope he blooms late, like a lot of euros do

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 01:36 PM
iceman42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Guys like Klotz and Rinaldo are garbage type of picks, might aswell take a young euro and hope he blooms late, like a lot of euros do
round 5 on is my belief you might as well grab those picks that fell, late bloomers or those boom or bust players.

iceman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 02:39 PM
kammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman42 View Post

i dont think they "undervalue" goaltending.. i just think its more of a crap shoot which goalie will develop to be spectacular and which will be duds. plus, the flyers have a few good prospects in the pipeline right now: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ts_spring2010/

kammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 06:55 PM
freakydallas13

good read here, but parts 3 through 7 all link to part 2 of the article

freakydallas13 is offline   Reply With Quote