HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Has anybody seen Kostitsyn play lately?

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Mooch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
I don't know if you guys are getting this Kostitsyn is great defensively stuff from me or not, but if you are, stop it. What I saw was Kostitsyn trying very hard on D. He was skating back and watching his man....but he wasn't great at it. He can still get lost in the defensive zone a little, and his coverage while not lazy, isn't amazing.

It's not that he's great defensively, it's that it's really nice to see him putting the effort into improving it. That's the best part about Kostitsyn, I've never seen him play like he's not trying. He's willing to put in the needed effort to improve his game, which I think takes so much risk out of his chances to be great.
Were not getting it from you at all Squeaky. Its just that up to know, hes shown quite a bit of improvement in his defensive game. If hes come this far, theres no reason to think he cant get better as time goes on. Plus with some assets (size, speed, etc) he could at worst, turn out to be a decent defensive player who provides some offense. I do however see Kostitsyn as much more than that, rather i see him as a first line offensive threat, but time will tell.

Old
02-09-2005, 09:20 AM
BORAT

Hello ! I am new on this forum but have been pretty much reading it for the past 3 years, I would first of all like to say that this has been one of the best quality forums about hockey on the net I have read and I hope I am up to the task of bringing you guys some content.

As for Kostitsyn, I think it resumes things well when I say that he was a bit hard to follow , lack of quality wingers ( or centers) with Hamilton are evidently a problem, Higgins even though he has undeniable two way talent, is not having a great offensive season, I believe the Hab scouts were probably counting on Perezhogin to help Kostitsyn adapt, as it is, it will probably be tough for Kostitsyn till next season, were his teammates will know him better.

I hear good news regarding a possibility that the Bdogs are thinking ( if they make the playoffs) playing a few games in MTL, if anybody has heard any news of the sort , let me know

Old
02-09-2005, 09:36 AM
mvp76

"I hear good news regarding a possibility that the Bdogs are thinking ( if they make the playoffs) playing a few games in MTL, if anybody has heard any news of the sort , let me know"

When I heard this news originally(back in November) I heard it meant to be regular season games,but that never ended up happening.Playoffs would be great!

Welcome to the board!

Old
02-09-2005, 09:38 AM
LePoche69

I didn't see Kost play often, but I tend to agree with Vlad about some "cold headed" projections.

This type of flashy and talented player is tricky. They sometimes turn out to be a Kovalev type, but they're also (more often, in fact) turn out to be a Rucinsky type. Remember, Rucinsky was a first round selection with all the tools. I think Dvorak could be a good comparison as to what Kost could turn out to be, but I agree that he has a bigger upside than that.

We shouldn't get to high about a player in the AHL, no matter how good he is down there. It's pretty hard to predict how his game will translate. For example, in the past, I heard or read (two or three times for each) that Hossa and Hainsey were NHL ready. But it didn't translate to the NHL.

What I do like a lot about Kost is that he seems really "coachable", which is very important for a young and talented player. The guy seems to want to get better and play in the NHL badly. I like that and for now, I consider that it is his better asset.

Old
02-09-2005, 01:12 PM
BORAT

One thing I keep on hearing about Kostitsyn

is that sometimes players have a hard time figuring out what he's doing and when the puck ends up on their stick they have no idea what to do, usually because the shot angle is too sharp.

Another thing I keep on hearing is that he is very coachable but is having a hard time finding chemistry with north american players, one player that was a potential center for him was Chipchura from what I read they had a good camp together., but Chipchura preferred another year of Junior.

They might be Teammates next year if the lockout persists and potential Chipchura Perezhogin Kostitsin line might be fun to watch.

By the looks of it, we may have another potential Saku Koivu with Kostitsyn, but it may take a longer devellopment and this comparison may be flawed.

Remember, while Saku was tearing it up with TPS, Kostitsyn was having a hard time making the senior team with CSKA

Old
02-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Mike The Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisbenbengood

is that sometimes players have a hard time figuring out what he's doing and when the puck ends up on their stick they have no idea what to do, usually because the shot angle is too sharp.

Another thing I keep on hearing is that he is very coachable but is having a hard time finding chemistry with north american players, one player that was a potential center for him was Chipchura from what I read they had a good camp together., but Chipchura preferred another year of Junior.

They might be Teammates next year if the lockout persists and potential Chipchura Perezhogin Kostitsin line might be fun to watch.

By the looks of it, we may have another potential Saku Koivu with Kostitsyn, but it may take a longer devellopment and this comparison may be flawed.

That would be amazing to see Chipchura Perezhogin and Kostitsyn
Remember, while Saku was tearing it up with TPS, Kostitsyn was having a hard time making the senior team with CSKA

That would be amazing to see Chipchura Perezhogin and Kostitsyn on the same line in a couple of years

Old
02-09-2005, 01:50 PM
godblessHabs

Send a message via MSN to godblessHabs
Quote:

Chipchura did not prefere an other year in the WHL, he's 18 years old, so he can't play in the AHL until he's 20. So next year it's NHL or WHL for Chip.

Old
02-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Squeaky

Quote:

It wasn't that Chipchura preferred another year of Junior, it's that there are rules in the AHL preventing him from playing, because he's too young. I don't think he can play there next season either, which is a real pain in the bum, if you ask me.

Closed Thread