HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-Season Proposal Thread

Old
03-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauser View Post
Also, why pay $1M for Hedberg to be a backup when we can get someone like Auld likely for the league minimum?
Because Hedberg is awesome.

Hedberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 01:59 PM
LostMyGlasses*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieMFRoyal View Post
Michalek ($4)

Bernier + O’brien to Phoenix for Winnik + right to negotiate with Michalek. This deal is contingent on the Canucks and Michalek agreeing to a multi year deal.
I would jump all over this, but why does Phoenix? Michalek is a very good dman, and at the proposed 4 million dollar contract, at a very low cap hit.

Wouldn't Phoenix sign him at that price? Especially if the league will bankroll it?

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Ajackalit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyGlasses View Post
I would jump all over this, but why does Phoenix? Michalek is a very good dman, and at the proposed 4 million dollar contract, at a very low cap hit.

Wouldn't Phoenix sign him at that price? Especially if the league will bankroll it?
Hey, I never said it was likely

The only way this works is if Phoenix can't get him re-signed.

Ajackalit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Mirepoix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
I think with Hodgson (presumably, hopefully) slotting into our 3rd line centre it's extremely important we have a player that can skate (there are a few questions about Hodgson's speed), can kill penalties, take draws (things Johnson was supposed to be able to do) and slot into the 3rd line centre role if Hodgson falters. McClement fits that role to a t, I suppose Malhotra or Halpern would also be ok choices.

Like the Polak idea of the poster a few posts below mine as well, something along the lines of Bernier, Bieksa & Schneider for McClement and Polak (give or take Bieksa) could possibly work? Apart from goaltending prospects not sure on what St. Louis needs. Polak would be a better and cheaper option than O'Brien and he plays the right side I believe which works out better.
Ooh. I really like the idea of a trade based around Bernier, Bieksa, Schneider for McClement and Polak. From there, if the Canucks could somehow land Paul Martin to be that #1 guy, we could have a line-up of...

Sedin (6.1) - Sedin (6.1) - Burrows (2)
Raymond (2.883) - Kesler (5) - Grabner (843)
3LW - Hodgson (1.696) - Samuelsson (2.5)
4LW - McClement (1.450) - Hansen (0.65)
Rypien (0.55)

Martin (5.5) - Salo (3.5)
Edler (3.25) - Ehrhoff (3.1)
O'Brien (2) - Polak (1.1)
Alberts (1.05)

Luongo (5.333)
Raycroft (0.5)

If the cap stays at 56.8m, there would be 2.545m in space. Leaving about 500,000 for call-ups/injuries, that would leave two LW for the 3rd and 4th lines to be signed for about 2m. Re-signing Glass is a possibility for the 4LW. I'd like to see some size in both spots. Maybe Ben Eager if the Hawks are too tight to the cap and let him walk? Who else would be available? If Martin doesn't sign, I guess Volchenkov/Hamhuis/Mitchell could be brought in, and the money saved used on a guy like Armstrong or Torres for the third line.

Mirepoix is offline   Reply With Quote