HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colorado Avalanche @ Los Angeles Kings - 03/22/10 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
03-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
Darcy Tucker suspended one game for his hit on Matt Greene on the icing call.
Marcy Darcy is one of those guys you hate on the other team but love when he's on yours. That hit was too much though.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 05:30 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
Darcy Tucker suspended one game for his hit on Matt Greene on the icing call.
Heh... works out well for us. No Darcy for their home game vs. the Kings. Sweet.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Come on dude.. Modin gave them one and Randy "I can't skate backwards" Jones help delivered them their second one. The only goal they really earned was the one in the last few seconds of the game. The Kings won that game hands down.
I really hope we can say this in playoff games

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
well considering we play colorado tomorrow, i guess this is a good thing for us?
Maybe not. I'd argue Colorado is better off without him in the lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Marcy Darcy is one of those guys you hate on the other team but love when he's on yours. That hit was too much though.
I'm pretty sure I'd hate him even if he was on my team.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
Maybe not. I'd argue Colorado is better off without him in the lineup.

I'm pretty sure I'd hate him even if he was on my team.
You know when I wrote that I had the exact thought that you'd hate him regardless.

Old
03-23-2010, 09:56 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Brown sucks and Jones IS TERRIBLE. . seriously, how has he not been benched yet. . .
http://lakingsinsider.com/

Quote:
MURRAY: Since his injury, I think his [Jones'] game has improved, week by week. Hes the one player who can really get things going out of our own zone. Hes got good puck-handling skills, he can skate, he can carry the puck out of danger and he can jump into the offensive part of the game, which weve seen. We use him on the power play. And on the other side of it, with Drewiske, I wish I could get him in. He worked so hard, through that injury, to get rehab done and get ready to come back. When he did get in, though, there was some hesitancy. We talked about that.

I think, right now though, hes through that part, emotionally. He looks like hes much more comfortable on the ice, with his drills, and I believe that any time he would get in now, hed be back to where he was before. Its hard to change it up sometimes, but getting back to Jones, I dont mind his game. I know hes better than what he is at times, but he can be an important player for us.
The bolded parts really make my head spin.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
http://lakingsinsider.com/

The bolded parts really make my head spin.
It's somewhat true. I mean Jones has a good breakout pass, and he is a decent puckhandler, but he's slow as **** and he makes horrible reads. I'd play him 8-10 minutes a night with 4 of them being on the PP.

Old
03-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Jones plays because Scuderi, O'Donnell and Greene while fine defensive d-man are about a notch above Ivanans when it comes to handling the puck.

Kings really could have used a puck mover at the deadline.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Unfortunately, not many puck movers were available. Visnovsky back in a Kings uniform would have been nice, but the Kings had no Ryan Whitney type player to spare.

Perhaps this summer Lombardi could address that need. Adding some mobility from the back could help the Kings, a lot. There are only two defenseman who I would consider fast or fluid skaters: Doughty and Johnson. Scuderi has adequate speed and is always strong positionally. Greene, O'Donnell and Jones on the other hand are not quite so nimble on their feet.

I have to admit, as much as I dislike Jones and his boneheaded play, he has been adequate of late. He has cut down on his turnovers and untimely pinches.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Unfortunately, not many puck movers were available. Visnovsky back in a Kings uniform would have been nice, but the Kings had no Ryan Whitney type player to spare.

Perhaps this summer Lombardi could address that need. Adding some mobility from the back could help the Kings, a lot. There are only two defenseman who I would consider fast or fluid skaters: Doughty and Johnson. Scuderi has adequate speed and is always strong positionally. Greene, O'Donnell and Jones on the other hand are not quite so nimble on their feet.

I have to admit, as much as I dislike Jones and his boneheaded play, he has been adequate of late. He has cut down on his turnovers and untimely pinches.
You mean to only 1 per game?

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 11:41 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
It's somewhat true. I mean Jones has a good breakout pass, and he is a decent puckhandler, but he's slow as **** and he makes horrible reads. I'd play him 8-10 minutes a night with 4 of them being on the PP.
we dont even get more than 2 powerplays a game though

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
You mean to only 1 per game?
Seriously. 1 last night was costly.

I will admit he's picked up his play lately, but his mistakes get exposed every single time, and he still needs consistency. He's actually very proficient with the puck in space, but who in the NHL isn't (rhetorical question )? Pressure him, or catch him pinching, and we're boned, and you'd better believe that he will absolutely cost us over the course of a 7 game series.

I do NOT want to face a Dave Tippett/Mike Babcock/Joel Quenneville/etc. coached team in a playoff series with Randy Jones on the ice.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 05:04 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Murray's Praise of Jones and Quick

After Monday's game against Colorado, Terry Murray praised Randy Jones and said that Quick's puck handling was among the top 5 in the league.

Murray made those comments during the scrum interview we have with him after each home game.

We all know both statements were hogwash (you should've seen the expressions on the faces of various members of the media when those comments were made). Before you all go nuts about these comments, I'll tell you that Murray was simply trying to pump up his players through the media.

Those of us present all saw through it, so we didn't bother to challenge him on it.

Thought I'd toss that out there as an FYI...

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 07:54 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

It's a shame that Hickey was injured this season or he would probably be right on schedule to take over Jones' spot next season. Still might happen anyway though if he shows up to camp ready to go. Don't forget Voynov either.

This season, it is what it is.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Quattro

Quote:
You know when I wrote that I had the exact thought that you'd hate him regardless.
That's odd. Have I ever posted about Darcy Tucker before?

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Showteq
Colorado Avalanche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Come on dude.. Modin gave them one and Randy "I can't skate backwards" Jones help delivered them their second one. The only goal they really earned was the one in the last few seconds of the game. The Kings won that game hands down.
We could easily say the same about you... Both of those wrap arounds were extremely weak on Andy's behalf. 1-1. Gali hits that wide open net its 2-1. Still a great game though. Enjoyed being there!

Showteq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 01:08 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Even if we had a Whitney type of player, I wouldn't want to pay Lubo that much money. He's just too one dimensional for me. Not to mention that he's too soft and too weak to clear the front of the crease. Nice guy but not what we need.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 01:10 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
It's a shame that Hickey was injured this season or he would probably be right on schedule to take over Jones' spot next season. Still might happen anyway though if he shows up to camp ready to go. Don't forget Voynov either.

This season, it is what it is.
Yeah, addition of Hickey would have been nice. And although he was injured pretty much all season, I would still rank him higher than Voynov. I hope Hickey makes the team next year.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Johnny Utah

Harrold in at forward and Clune out? Jesus.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Seaward*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
That's odd. Have I ever posted about Darcy Tucker before?
Just letting you know that you win the best Avatar for "The Sexy Pick" theme.

And its not even close!!!

Seaward* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Fangio

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Yeah, addition of Hickey would have been nice. And although he was injured pretty much all season, I would still rank him higher than Voynov. I hope Hickey makes the team next year.
Two players I hope have strong showings in camp next season. This team has enough size and grit already, we need speed/skill/mobility to round out the roster.

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Even if we had a Whitney type of player, I wouldn't want to pay Lubo that much money. He's just too one dimensional for me. Not to mention that he's too soft and too weak to clear the front of the crease. Nice guy but not what we need.
Vis is incredibly underrated defensively. He is very rarely if ever caught out of position and is very good at stick checks. Just because he doesnt hit some people like to call him soft and terrible defensively. Neither are true, I wish people would stop linking defense to hitting. Visnovsky battles very hard, great shot blocker, great first pass, awesome skater, unreal offensively and EXACTLY the type of player we need right now. I would have loved to have him back in a Kings uniform, kills me to see him playing for the Ducks. A Greene-Visnovsky, Doughty-Johnson would be very close if not the best top 4 in the NHL, IMO. Hopefully Hickey/Voynov will be ready to start to fill that absent puckmoving defenseman role by next season and we can be done with Jones as an offensive defenseman(and hopefully we can be done with O'Donnell as well).

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote