HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#73 - 03.24.2010 | New York Islanders @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD) ‎

Old
03-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Colt Seavers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
This thread is pathetic. I will never root for the Rangers to lose, especially not to the god damn fish sticks. LGR.
The Rangers effort in crucial games has been pathetic.
I hope they lose every game the rest of the way.

Colt Seavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Tomas Sandstrom 28

Any of you tech-savvy guys out there know how to find out if my TV is 3D compatible?

I have a 40" Samsung A530

Tomas Sandstrom 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 02:40 PM
frankthefrowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Sandstrom 28 View Post
Any of you tech-savvy guys out there know how to find out if my TV is 3D compatible?

I have a 40" Samsung A530
lol dude if you dont know its not. Its a new technology, trust me it would be the main selling point when you bought the tv.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 02:40 PM
jgiovanni

Send a message via AIM to jgiovanni
Unforntunatly it is not as Samsung has started producing 3D LCD and LED this year.

I am wondering if the 3d is shown in the cyan and red style or the new style

jgiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 02:55 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Redden will look like a Norris d-man in 3D.
With the 3-D, it will look like Redden's purse is coming right at you.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 03:02 PM
hockeygoon15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
This thread is pathetic. I will never root for the Rangers to lose, especially not to the god damn **** ******. LGR.
Thank you! Wow, some of you poepole...

Ever hear of pride? Quit the damn "we stink, nobody likes me, I'll just kill myself" attitude and lets get back to hating each other!

The Potvin hit was clean, you bought a cup in '94 and your arena smells like pee. Anything? Did I get any emotion out of you?

Stop being so wah-baby and hate us, damnit!

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 03:04 PM
OrbitalDynamics
Ants? Solid Plan.

vCash: 350
Let's go Rangers!

If nothing else, beat the suburban trash.

We may not have them to ridicule for much longer...

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 03:22 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygoon15 View Post

Ever hear of pride? Quit the damn "we stink, nobody likes me, I'll just kill myself" attitude and lets get back to hating each other!

The Potvin hit was clean, you bought a cup in '94 and your arena smells like pee. Anything? Did I get any emotion out of you?

Sorry, nothing. I'll take Seguin or Hall and then we can kick your ***** for the next decade.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 03:27 PM
hockeygoon15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Sorry, nothing. I'll take Seguin or Hall and then we can kick your ***** for the next decade.
Haha, just missing that one piece, eh?

Good luck tonight guys. Lets at least hope for an interesting game.

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 03:32 PM
AdamGravesNight

Send a message via AIM to AdamGravesNight Send a message via Yahoo to AdamGravesNight
Anyone who wants this team to win tonight, just doesn't get it. Yeah, let's go win a meaningless game against a meaningless team because of pride...

If you truly care about this team, then stop looking at one off match ups with rivals, and start paying attention to the big picture. We stink, and the only way to unstink is to get better players. This team winning tonight, helps the organization in absolutely no way. Losing in front of the entire 3D watching world could help get Sather fired, and possibly Torts.

Drafting position, and a new regime is what Rangers fans should be cheering for.

AdamGravesNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 03:32 PM
OrbitalDynamics
Ants? Solid Plan.

vCash: 350
Sure hope these kids have the shoulders to carry the weight of expectations we seem to be building up.

The wailing would be amazing around here if another Hugh G Rection was drafted wouldn't it?

Last edited by OrbitalDynamics: 03-24-2010 at 03:38 PM.
OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Hockify

Quote:

That's the spirit.

Last edited by Hockify: 03-24-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:

I like this guy

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 04:05 PM
MATTNYR1991

Honestly this game, although some will definitely say is meaningless, will have to show some type of urgency and passion by the Rangers team. This is it, if a Ranger- Islander matchup cannot get this team to hype themselves up and actually play as a team like they should, it is the end of the season. Although losing and preemptively **cking up the rest of the season could bring a nice early draft pick, this is still an important game as all Ranger- Islander games are, but if this game will not bring a legitimate force by the Blueshirts, consistency will not be possible for this team throughout the last 1/8th of the season.

I'd love to see a great game from Gabby, maybe a couple of snipes or a maybe a great pass to Christ for one of his rare highlight-reel goals.

Also, hope Callahan will at least come out for warm-ups. And, Avery needs to start some crap with the likes of players like Freddy Meyer (one of the Islanders more underrated D-men, and one who will definitely be open to initiate in some physical play), in order to get the Islanders off their game.

And like always, Hank will need to come out huge in this game, preferably a shutout

Overall, passion is the name of this game, and the Rangers to "transfer over" consistency to other games, will need to come out flying

MATTNYR1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Pugs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamGravesNight View Post
Anyone who wants this team to win tonight, just doesn't get it. Yeah, let's go win a meaningless game against a meaningless team because of pride...

If you truly care about this team, then stop looking at one off match ups with rivals, and start paying attention to the big picture. We stink, and the only way to unstink is to get better players. This team winning tonight, helps the organization in absolutely no way. Losing in front of the entire 3D watching world could help get Sather fired, and possibly Torts.

Drafting position, and a new regime is what Rangers fans should be cheering for.
Academically, I know we'd probably be better off if the Rangers lost tonight. That said, as I'm actually watching the game I can't actually cheer against the Rangers. Maybe that's just me, but I can't call someone out for cheering for their team.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 04:53 PM
crisb

Quote:

Anybody that thinks the rangers are going to tank are smoking some good stuff. Cheering for the islanders to win to get a better pick? Get lost. I'd much rather have the rangers actually show tonight that they care maybe a little bit and beat the islanders than to get blown out in our own arena.

You're one of those fans that was calling for the rangers to tank in January right?

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 05:08 PM
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove

May the refs be on the Fishsticks side tonight.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Pnut

Quote:

I don't know about Sather or your "regime" so i can't comment
What i was going to say is that even if you guys draft Hall or Seguin there will be posters on here that will get pissed off when they struggle at some point next year, just like a few posters over in Islanderland have with Tavares.
At least you guys can go out and get the top tier FAs and trade someone, who are we trading to get better players??? Richard Park??(and i actually like him)

well best of luck tonight.

Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 05:24 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
With the 3-D, it will look like Redden's purse is coming right at you.
Lol.. I'll make sure I have big fluffy pillow in my lap...just in case.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 05:27 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
I don't know about Sather or your "regime" so i can't comment
What i was going to say is that even if you guys draft Hall or Seguin there will be posters on here that will get pissed off when they struggle at some point next year, just like a few posters over in Islanderland have with Tavares.
At least you guys can go out and get the top tier FAs and trade someone, who are we trading to get better players??? Richard Park??(and i actually like him)

well best of luck tonight.
Park is the man. I can't help but root for him.

Good luck to you as well!

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 05:30 PM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

Let's Go Ra...
Let's Go Ran....

LET'S GO RANG......ah **** I can't do it.

Screw it to hell. Let's just forget the lack of playoff implications, the draft implications, and all that malarkey.

LOCK THE ZEBRAS IN THE BROOM CLOSET AND LET'S HAVE AN OLD TIME HOCKEY HATEFEST FOR THE AGES!

May the bloodiest team win!

RoseTintedVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 05:40 PM
NYR Viper

The thing is, wanting the Islanders to win tonight actually can be associated with hating them. Neither team is going to make the playoffs so wanting them to finish higher so they don't get as good of a player is a good way to keep them from being better in the future.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 05:41 PM
MPJohnny5

So just double checking, regular 3d glasses you wear at a movie theater won't work right?

MPJohnny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:

Potvin sucks. Your arena is the Mausoleum. We want Fishsticks!

I like you.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 05:53 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT4Johnny View Post
So just double checking, regular 3d glasses you wear at a movie theater won't work right?
No, those usually work with different polarizations of the light for each eye. The current technique for home is using shutter glasses, which open and close very fast so that only one eye can see at a time. The two eyes are getting a different picture each, thus creating the illusion of 3D.

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote